HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
wat

i worked at premier farnell/newark for over 150 hours last summer converting a c++ project.  basically helped a bunch of guys who made 100k per year.  once i left for school they scrapped the project because they couldn't continue

what have you done?

Last edited by HaiBai (2011-12-19 18:03:27)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
damn a bunch of guys making £100k a year scrapped their project cause you couldn't help them anymore?

nothing i have ever done has ever been anywhere near as good as that. my entire life pales in comparison.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
OVER 150 HOURS

dude i spent over 150 hours on bangbros.com last summer, big deal
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
HaiBai
not bad for a 17 year old.  not bad at all.  what were you doing when you were 17?
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

i hope this actually ends up closing the thread
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

HaiBai wrote:

not bad for a 17 year old.  not bad at all.  what were you doing when you were 17?
winning international poetry competitions, quaffing wine with the landed gentry, sleeping with the prom queen
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such
I spent most of my time doing crappy class c drugs and failing at A-levels.

Do I win yet?
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

Uzique wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

winning international poetry competitions, quaffing wine with the landed gentry, sleeping with the prom queen
breaking out then back into the rock

https://www.zuguide.com/image/Sean-Connery-The-Rock.2.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
fuck a whole lotta women, son

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HaJfrQE1_lI/TkdIK7YC9_I/AAAAAAAAAPU/uxAkzhFYXO4/s1600/Grandpa%2Band%2BDwayne.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

HaiBai wrote:

wat

i worked at premier farnell/newark for over 150 hours last summer converting a c++ project.  basically helped a bunch of guys who made 100k per year.  once i left for school they scrapped the project because they couldn't continue

what have you done?
Worked?

Or work placement/experience?

One has responsibilities, the other you're babied by those with said responsibilities.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
dude it sounds like the entire company collapsed after he left to go back and get his high-school dipoma, i'd say he positively lead the team

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH, DEAR FRIENDS
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

HaiBai wrote:

wat

what have you done?
150 hours? Thats like three weeks worth of work. Three. Weeks. Even less if you are a of a higher position within the company.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
I guess at 17 that sounds like an achievement. One of my housemates is currently developing PHP, C++ and about 20 other computer languages for his full time job, he's been doing that for about seven years. So from my perspective, it's a little laughable.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
I was gonna say something, then I remembered it was haibai.

Also roc. That shit never happened, quit lying.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Shit, forgot to add you to my ignore list as well. Thanks for reminding me.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
teds4mod, for a roc free BF2s experience
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

Roc18 wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Why don't you just ignore everyone?
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

bennisboy wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Why make this post?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
hahaha that is exactly how i feel. roc is so mind-numbingly shit at life he makes me want to be racist.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6565|Toronto-Canada
girlproblems?
no more.....we are going to die single!!!!!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

FatherTed wrote:

teds4mod, for a roc free BF2s experience
The motion is seconded.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

Roc18 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Why make this post?
HaiBai

Jaekus wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

wat

what have you done?
Worked?

Or work placement/experience?

One has responsibilities, the other you're babied by those with said responsibilities.
worked.  the entire project was on me.  the project was actually some indian guy's and he was "working" on it for like 2-3 months.  i show up for a month, make a ton of progress, then i leave.  indian guy gets fired a month later.  so yes, i was responsible for the project.  nobody else in the company knew C++ (or if they did they didn't want to take on the project i was working on because they were either lazy/didn't know how).

Uzique wrote:

dude it sounds like the entire company collapsed after he left to go back and get his high-school dipoma, i'd say he positively lead the team

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH, DEAR FRIENDS
not really dude.  it's an international company with branches in london and south africa.  i was the team, so yes, once i left they decided to ditch the project.  i was actually pretty close to finishing.  but yeah, estimates said that it would've been $50,000 to hire a consulting company to fix it.  so if i was at least able to attempt and get close of saving a company 50k, i find that a pretty big achievement

Adams_BJ wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

wat

what have you done?
150 hours? Thats like three weeks worth of work. Three. Weeks. Even less if you are a of a higher position within the company.
yeah, unfortunately i wasnt able to get started until around the middle of semester.  later on in the summer i had volunteering priorities that i had to take.  once school came around i really didn't have anymore time to devote to the company

Jaekus wrote:

I guess at 17 that sounds like an achievement. One of my housemates is currently developing PHP, C++ and about 20 other computer languages for his full time job, he's been doing that for about seven years. So from my perspective, it's a little laughable.
20 languages?  exaggeration much?  i mean, i know C++, assembly, python, C#, java, SQL, VB.  my main experience is with the first 3, but i'm capable of any of the others.

tbh i cant even name 20 useful languages that someone would need to know.  sounds pointless
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

The funny thing about quote tree debates is that the person making the tree has to has to go through the trouble of copy pasting and formatting everything.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Free teds!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard