HSK
+1|6551
What do the icons next to server names mean when you are on the Multiplayer screen (e.g. find a server/game to join).

Also, what the hell is Punkbuster, and is the a defacto standard for the Internet Filters tab on the Multiplayer screen.

Sorry for the dumb questions -- newbie.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Icons? Oh you mean those!

The little penguin means it's a linux server, the corporal-sign that the server is ranked etc..

Punkbuster is a piece of software that detects modded content, cheats, aimbots etc.
I need around tree fiddy.
HSK
+1|6551
Cheers DonFck.

Is it the norm to run Punkbuster (on my machine I presume)?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
yes run it
Angel.C-sq
+24|6689|Computer Chair
Yes, or you wont be able to get in most servers.
HSK
+1|6551
Cheers people -- much appreciated.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Ok here we go. After searching for a complete and comprehensive answer to each and every icon to help all with questions about those funny icons,  I stumbled across this piece of info:

The Battlefield 2 game browser icons are located in the Internet Servers section to the left of the name of the server in the list. From left to right these are:

Server Load

The bar icon on the far left of the server browser indicates the load on the server machine. It is common for this icon to be red.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server OS Icon

This next icon appears as a computer box, a penguin or a '64'. These icons represent the OS the server is running on.

The Box icon represents all Windows servers
The Penguin icon represents Linux servers
The 64 icon represents Linux 64 bit CPU servers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Mod/Mode Icon

The next icon represents the game mod/mode being run on the server. If there is an exclamation point the server will be running a modified version of Battlefield 2.

Ranked Icon

The icon that appears as military chevrons represent whether the server is ranked or not. If the icon is not present the server is not running a ranked version.

Note: There are some 'ranked' servers out there that are not EA Official Trusted servers. If you suspect a server is running a hacked ranked server please report it to EA Customer Support by clicking the Ask a Question tab at the top right of the screen. Please include the following information when reporting a server.

The name of the server. This can be found to the right of the game browser icons.
The IP address of the server. This can be found on the map loading screen, or the teams screen while in game. To get to the teams screen press Tab while in a match. The IP address will be displayed in the upper left portion of the screen.
The infraction or hack that is occuring. Please give a detailed account of what is happening on the server.

VOIP Icon

The headphones icon represents whether a server has player Voice Over IP Communication activated. If the headphones are present then VOIP is turned on. If the icon is not present then there is no VOIP communication on that server.

PunkBuster Icon

The PunkBuster logo icon indicates when a server is running PunkBuster software to help prevent player hacks. Always make sure to play on servers running PunkBuster to ensure a quality play experience.

Content Check Icon

The monitor icon represents whether a server has content check enabled. Content check prevents players with edited files from playing on these servers. To further ensure a quality play experience players should always look for servers with content check enabled.

Password Icon

The lock icon indicates whether a password is set for accessing the server.

Source

Last edited by DonFck (2006-05-22 04:47:36)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6673|A sunburnt country
^^ What he said!

:-)
Brasso
+1,549|6631

nice post, thanks, +1 for u.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Oh no.. I'm doing this.. for the first time ever.. ..

..Bümp!

(So that we can find out if this info is worth being stickied somewhere or not, or if it in in fact has been posted before but has been buried so deep in the forum catacombs, that no search term can ever revive it)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard