Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5952

aerodynamic wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

If it's such a no brainer. Then EA/DICE have managed to make a game which is not even as good as one made 6-7 years ago, and not just for its time, but also for being a direct competitor. With all it's bugs, imbalances, flaws, glitches, 7 year old graphics and the removal of the novelty factor as well. That's is quite and accomplishment, and not in a good way.

It also means everyone who agrees with you (and I suspect a vast majority of BF2 players would), have wasted their money to get something inferior to what they already owned or could have purchased for a fraction of the price. It's not dissimilar to owning a 2005 BMW and going, you know what I think I'll trade that in for a 2011 KIA cause you know they're really not 'that' bad.

But that's all in the past, Now what you should be doing, is stopping playing BF3, uninstalling it, and origin, closing down the servers reinstalling BF2, downloading your favourite mods, repopulating the few existing bf2 servers and hiring more as they fill and send EA/DICE a message that their current gaming direction is not where you feel it should be, but to look back to their roots of 2005 to the last decent game they produced, with the implicit arguement that any future games that are not up to scratch will not see one cent of your money.

If you keep accepting mediocrity and spending money on shit they that's all you will ever get in the future. If you keep claiming 'it doesn't suck that much' you will never ever get something that really doesn't suck. If companies like EA and Activision can put out cookie cutter shit every years and make millions of dollars profit what incentive have they got to make anything else?
Uhmm....no?
I spent the money for bf3, i like it and i'm gonna keep playing it.
The main reason i might go back to bf2 is just to have some nice rounds on Pr, but thats about it.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others have to uninstall it and bitch about it everyday.
We fucking know all of you hate the game, bitching about it everyday in every single post won't change anything.
Na, i think i'll just keep on playing.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.

Uzique wrote:

bf3 isn't really a good game though, is it? it barely even supports competitive play.
If by competitive play you mean what I think you mean, then that's not the be all and end all of a game is it?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

Camm wrote:

Uzique wrote:

bf3 isn't really a good game though, is it? it barely even supports competitive play.
If by competitive play you mean what I think you mean, then that's not the be all and end all of a game is it?
Not for the majority of people, although it is part of being a great all around game. Not into competitive play, so it doesn't bother me.

The simple fact is, you wont see a "great" game come out of a successful franchise that is owned by a large, publicly traded company. At least not a sequel to a already successful one. They are already going to be packaged to sell to the masses, simple business, share holders want money and CODesque games make more money. PC definitely will not since it is the smaller market. If its gonna happen, it will be the mod community that will do it or a newer game from a larger company.
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6189|Bay Area, CA
Is BF3 a better game overall than BF2? Probably not, but BF2 was the best online multiplayer game ever so far imo. Does BF3 have aspects that are better than BF2? So far I love tanking in BF3 and right now I'll say I like it better than BF2. In BF2 I always grabbed the APCs over the tanks anyway for the most part.

I spent over 5,000 hours in BF2 and I'm ready for something new. BF3 is it and it's fun. Yes it's buggy, but all BF games back to 1942 had their share of bugs on launch and after many patches ended up being what they were. This game will obviously get patched up the ass and become a better more stable game down the road.

B2K makes a huge difference and just having some really good maps with more freedom changes the whole feel of the game to me. It's just a little bit less BC2 now and just a little bit more BF2, but way better looking. It is it's own thing and I like the game a lot.

Last edited by =6thAD=KJ43 (2011-12-17 18:32:55)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6340|Atlanta, Georgia
Weather or not is better has an always will be a personal opinion. Don't ask for them on this website. You won't get anything useful. Formulate your own idea and stick to it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

Camm wrote:

Uzique wrote:

you're a mong. the point is an fps game is judged if it has the capacity to be played competitively, i.e. if the gameplay itself is complex and well-designed and well-balanced enough to SUPPORT it. hypothetically. you don't actually have to play it to benefit from that good design ethos. that's all i mean. i don't mean 'i can't play bf3 competitively so i won't play it at all', what i mean is 'the game is plagued with balance issues and the core gameplay is too shitty to support any higher-level of play'. someone else above phrased it nicely: it's a lot of bullshit dressed up in a pretty frock. at its core, talking about pure first-person shooter qualities, it sucks balls. it's on par with current call of duty games in that regard. the only thing it's better at is sound/visuals, and they a good game do not make.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique wrote:

Camm wrote:

Uzique wrote:

you're a mong.
lol
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6791|Jupiter
I am pretty sure everyone is just talking out of their ass at this point, especially Uzique.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5508|America
Roc loves that 24/7 metro
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Roc18
`

Blade4509 wrote:

Roc loves that 24/7 metro
32 player metro is actually fun, people always over look that.

64 player is just spam
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
if 24 is still spam, 32 is as well.
Roc18
`

-Whiteroom- wrote:

if 24 is still spam, 32 is as well.
shut up
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
no u! lrn2play brah! I've seen some one trick ponies before...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

eusgen wrote:

I am pretty sure everyone is just talking out of their ass at this point, especially Uzique.
explain?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5952
I'll give him the fact that he backs up his arguments. But even so, it gets old listening to him moan about every new release that comes out. Here's an idea Uzique, stop playing fucking video games.

And yeah, everyone is talking out of there arses in some respects (including Uzique), because despite all the bitching/whining, you're all still playing BF3/B2k. The fact that you even went out to buy B2K after practically condemning DICE and it's product to hell, shows how fickle you are.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i'm not playing it at all. i played for 50 hours, got colonel. i played for 10 more hours with only stock weps (i.e. in the fashion of bf2). it sucked. how am i talking out of my ass? though you're right, game discussions should just involve 492 pages of people saying "lol awesome!", "great graphics!", "had so much fun tonight!" riveting read, chap!

Last edited by Uzique (2011-12-18 05:12:02)

jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

I'll give him the fact that he backs up his arguments. But even so, it gets old listening to him moan about every new release that comes out. Here's an idea Uzique, stop playing fucking video games.
I agree.

Seriously Uzique we get it, but stop shitting on everyone else.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5952
What about B2K? I saw a few comments you made about that (no prizes for guessing his opinion).

That's just it Uzique, this discussions history has been:  "I can't wait for this game" "This game is going to be shit, Dice are shit". "The beta sucks dick, it doesn't work." "The game is shit, i hate flashlights." "This game is shit, the AA is too weak - Nerf the AA DICE, you're fucking terrible." "OMG the AA are way too powerful, fucking hell DICE you can't do shit." "B2k is coming, i can't wait" "B2k will be shit" "omg b2k is shit, there is too much glare, i can't even see the screen without wearing sunglasses."

Since when did the BF2s forums become a place for people to just moan. Constantly.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
They're all legitimate complaints though. Flashlights are retarded, AA is overpowered, the glare does take the piss and there's a smorgasbord of other problems which are all valid. I've played the game 125 hours now, and I enjoy it some of the time, but it's just so frustrating that they have gone backwards on so many things since bf2. It's frustrating that they've gone down the no-learning-curve £$£ route. And people here, on a forum of which the only thing we all have in common is we've all played the previous title are going to complain about this poor decisions from DICE. Rightly so, too, because the game has massive potential, if they'd just get someone who loved bf2 to utilize that potential you'd be seeing a lot less complaints.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
And this game going down this route just confirms for a lot of people here where PC gaming is headed, and that's down the console route. I like consoles, I've always had one since the N64, but that kind of social, fun, "light" gameplay just doesn't cut it on a PC.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

What about B2K? I saw a few comments you made about that (no prizes for guessing his opinion).

That's just it Uzique, this discussions history has been:  "I can't wait for this game" "This game is going to be shit, Dice are shit". "The beta sucks dick, it doesn't work." "The game is shit, i hate flashlights." "This game is shit, the AA is too weak - Nerf the AA DICE, you're fucking terrible." "OMG the AA are way too powerful, fucking hell DICE you can't do shit." "B2k is coming, i can't wait" "B2k will be shit" "omg b2k is shit, there is too much glare, i can't even see the screen without wearing sunglasses."

Since when did the BF2s forums become a place for people to just moan. Constantly.
since the day bf2s users weren't fucking retards? we're all collected here because we played a game in common: bf2. we all hopped on bf3 with previous past shared-experience of playing bf2 together. surprise surprise! we compare bf3 to bf2. it's our common benchmark, our area of mutual expertise and understanding. i would say that - insofar as the battlefield games are concerned - the average person that cares to post on bf2s 8 years after bf2 is quite a discerning and attentive gamer. thus, they complain a lot. look at the battlelog forums: complaint after complaint, iced with the gem of whine and washed down with salty tears. at least the complaints here are founded and justified. can i apologise for everyone complaining? no. you act as if i'm a dissident leader, heading a rebel group of terrorist complainers. people are just not satisfied with this game. so i'm a vocal critic... so what? there's an ignore feature and your mouse has a scroll wheel if all you come here for is to read people's praise of a game. good day to you.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
just like flying through the dam on kubra, only easier
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Camm wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6i9UpUa52w

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!
turn that goddamn laser off
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

jsnipy wrote:

Camm wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6i9UpUa52w

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!
turn that goddamn laser off
not me in the vid

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard