FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Commie Killer wrote:

Any recomendations on whats the best way to talk to recruiters? Just walk in, find the Air Force guy, and tell him I want to be a TACP?
Go to the AF recruiter. Let them know what you want to do. If you have a plan and understand the requirements, that helps.

The first step is taking the ASVAB (if you haven't already). Your scores will determine how much leverage you have, tbh.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CC-Marley
+407|6829

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Meps is fun
Are you kidding? Meps was some boring shit of sitting around.
Yes, I am kidding.
Commie Killer
+192|6387
Ok thank you. Hopefully they let me take the ASVAB soon. Soon as I can talk without sounding drunk I'm walking in there.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Commie Killer wrote:

Ok thank you. Hopefully they let me take the ASVAB soon. Soon as I can talk without sounding drunk I'm walking in there.
If you did ok on the SAT you'll do well on the ASVAB.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Commie Killer
+192|6387

Jay wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I did good enough on the SAT to get into Penn States engineering program with a highschool GPA of like 2.5\

Not worried about the ASVAB really. My main concern is keeping my shit together. Want to make sure I bust my ass enough before basic, and then make sure I keep my head in TACP training.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2011-12-14 09:31:52)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
air force personnel have the cleanest vaginas
Tu Stultus Es
Commie Killer
+192|6387
I'd hate to have a yeasty one like you.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
I was in the army, my vagina is big and hairy and tough.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Commie Killer wrote:

Jay wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I did good enough on the SAT to get into Penn States engineering program with a highschool GPA of like 2.5\

Not worried about the ASVAB really. My main concern is keeping my shit together. Want to make sure I bust my ass enough before basic, and then make sure I keep my head in TACP training.
Well, hopefully you like it more than I did. I genuinely feel like I wasted 4 1/2 years of my life.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

and covered in cigarette burns
-Frederick Bastiat
Commie Killer
+192|6387

eleven bravo wrote:

Did they find OBL in it?

Jay wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Jay wrote:

Well, hopefully you like it more than I did. I genuinely feel like I wasted 4 1/2 years of my life.
If I don't do, its gonna be something I regret, even if I don't like it, its not like I'm doing so hot at the moment.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2011-12-14 10:00:04)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Commie Killer wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Did they find OBL in it?

Jay wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

If I don't do, its gonna be something I regret, even if I don't like it, its not like I'm doing so hot at the moment.
Then how about you choose the reserves? If you like it, request active duty, if you don't you only have to serve one weekend a month, two weeks a year, plus deployments.
-Frederick Bastiat
Commie Killer
+192|6387

Jay wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Did they find OBL in it?

Jay wrote:

Then how about you choose the reserves? If you like it, request active duty, if you don't you only have to serve one weekend a month, two weeks a year, plus deployments.
I'm half assing everything, wanna give this my all. Plus I've heard enough horror stories about poorly outfitted National Guard outfits.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I drove up to Baghdad from Kuwait in a truck with a broken axle that wouldn't drive straight, a box made of plywood on the back that housed a machine gun turret and was supposed to be bulletproof, sand bags on the floor that were supposed to protect against IED's, and it had no doors. I was active duty. The only difference between us and the National Guard units that made the same drive was we had newer radios.
-Frederick Bastiat
Commie Killer
+192|6387
You we're also in a supply (can't remember) outfit. Not usually one of the better equipped. I feel pretty confident that TACP's will be a lot better prepare than that. Anyways, I'm Air Force. Depending on who my commanding officer is I might just get stuck in base for my whole deployment (which considering I probably won't be ready for deployment until early 2013 means I probably won't see combat anyways, and if anything, I'll get one tour outta Afghan.).
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Commie Killer wrote:

You we're also in a supply (can't remember) outfit. Not usually one of the better equipped. I feel pretty confident that TACP's will be a lot better prepare than that. Anyways, I'm Air Force. Depending on who my commanding officer is I might just get stuck in base for my whole deployment (which considering I probably won't be ready for deployment until early 2013 means I probably won't see combat anyways, and if anything, I'll get one tour outta Afghan.).
You've got it all figured out.
-Frederick Bastiat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

If you can pull some strings .... make sure to go over to Kadena, that is one nice base
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
the air force is for attractive women and guys who like show tunes
Tu Stultus Es
Commie Killer
+192|6387

Jay wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

You've got it all figured out.
What can I say I'm a genius...
Commie Killer
+192|6387

eleven bravo wrote:

Least we have some attractive women lol
Commie Killer
+192|6387

SEREMAKER wrote:

If you can pull some strings .... make sure to go over to Kadena, that is one nice base
I'll do my best, I'd like to see the Pacific
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Commie Killer wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Least we have some attractive women lol
'we'? You haven't even talked to a recruiter yet and you've already identified your social group as being 'air force'? weird
-Frederick Bastiat
Commie Killer
+192|6387
You don't like the military. I get that. I don't know if I do or don't. Would you stop fucking trying to change my mind on it.
hocSiciliano
+6|4553|New York

eleven bravo wrote:

funny you say that, a close friend of mine met his wife in the Air Force. haha.

you wise son of a gun you...you are like a modern day yoda!

Commie Killer wrote:

You don't like the military. I get that. I don't know if I do or don't. Would you stop fucking trying to change my mind on it.
In all fairness, you had to of expected these type views, you did ask for peoples input and opinions on the subject.

Last edited by hocSiciliano (2011-12-14 11:53:06)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

hocSiciliano wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

funny you say that, a close friend of mine met his wife in the Air Force. haha.

you wise son of a gun you...you are like a modern day yoda!

Commie Killer wrote:

In all fairness, you had to of expected these type views, you did ask for peoples input and opinions on the subject.
His thread title is misleading, he didn't want advice, he wanted people to tell him he was doing the right thing because he lacks the confidence to make his own decisions. Maybe he really does need another four years of dad telling him what to do.

Last edited by Jay (2011-12-14 11:58:16)

-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard