globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

Sisco wrote:

It is all powerful, because it prevents you from showing up on the minimap when firing your weapon.
Yes, but apparently this is bugged with several weapons according to some stats comparison I saw.

Has that been fixed for all suppressed weapons yet?
Or are you supposed to still show up on the minimap with certain suppressed weapons?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341

globefish23 wrote:

Sisco wrote:

It is all powerful, because it prevents you from showing up on the minimap when firing your weapon.
Yes, but apparently this is bugged with several weapons according to some stats comparison I saw.

Has that been fixed for all suppressed weapons yet?
Or are you supposed to still show up on the minimap with certain suppressed weapons?
I dunno for sure, I never noticed being detected faster when using it and I used it on all assault class weapons until the first service star.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Tripulaci0n
+14|6154
Whatever the case was before, all silenced guns should not reveal you on radar now

That being said, I'm torn between laser dot and silencer for my favorite 3rd attachment. I almost enjoy using the UMP because I can have both. I don't like to rely on hip firing but when storming a room (I play Rush almost exclusively) it's great to have the choice

Last edited by Tripulaci0n (2011-12-10 10:59:16)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
The red dot is more useful in my opinion, but that depends on your playing style. If you like to go all sneaky then come up behind and slaughter them with their back turned I'd go for a silencer. But if you're going for face-to-face combat I'd take the red dot. The accuracy boost is life saving and the blinding effect it has is a great bonus.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
the blinding effect it has is retarded
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I don't mind it too much. It only gets me killed at longer range when it keeps me from seeing the guy, but up close it's just like wearing red sunglasses...

Yeah it's retarded in that real lasers don't blind you unless they're directed at your eyeballs but I enjoy the feature.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6325|Australia
Is the silencer really made that useful by not making you appear on the radar? Seeing as the radar can only be set as 'show only 10 feet around me' and 'show the whole map and not see shit because of the icons', no one can see you anyways. Even if they do, you can always surprise them by flanking them through one of the many doors, tunnels and passageways that aren't marked.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
It's the sound too. You can't really tell where a suppressor sound is coming from as easily as a loud rifle. Plus a loud rifle will make you look at your minimap to see where it's coming from.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6146|'straya
It's very useful on mortar whore maps like Seine Crossing
Sisco
+493|6341
It´s great even in upfront storm room actions, because it helps you greatly to get into position. The accuracy bonus of the laser targeting can be neglected, because in situations where you are close enough to spray the weapons are accurate enough anyways (except for the semi-auto snipers).
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6325|Brussels, Belgium
Silencer is a must have for me, particularly with the LMG where suppressive fire is needed at times.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I don't really use suppression. Most of the time if I see somebody I kill him before he can get behind cover for me to suppress. I guess on PC with 32 players there's a lot of more opportunities to suppress.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I don't really use suppression. Most of the time if I see somebody I kill him before he can get behind cover for me to suppress. I guess on PC with 32 players there's a lot of more opportunities to suppress.
Well, the point is to fire in the general direction of the spotted red triangle to suppress them before they even come out of cover in the first place.
Then a team member has time to flank and take them out from another angle.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

globefish23 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well, the point is to fire in the general direction of the spotted red triangle to suppress them before they even come out of cover in the first place.
thats not a description of a battlefield game.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

jord wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

True.
Throw five grenades and fire three RPGs in the general direction of the spotted red triangle, so the enemy medic can rush in for a revive attempt and get snuffed a second later.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon

globefish23 wrote:

jord wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

True.
Throw five grenades and fire three RPGs in the general direction of the spotted red triangle, so the enemy medic can rush in for a revive attempt and get snuffed a second later.
lol that's about the general idea.  man those meatlockers like bazaar and metro get so repetitive at times.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

steelie34 wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

jord wrote:

True.
lol that's about the general idea.  man those meatlockers like bazaar and metro get so repetitive at times.
Best BF2-Karkand-Hotel-Spam material then...
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5751|Roma

jord wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Thats apb reloaded
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Is the silencer really made that useful by not making you appear on the radar? Seeing as the radar can only be set as 'show only 10 feet around me' and 'show the whole map and not see shit because of the icons', no one can see you anyways.
Actually a really valid question I must say.

Until they give us a 0-100% scalable zoom level (N+Scroll wheel?), the minimap is more a problem than aid.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2011-12-12 11:56:21)

GeoEnvi
+22|6684|Philadelphia, PA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's the sound too. You can't really tell where a suppressor sound is coming from as easily as a loud rifle. Plus a loud rifle will make you look at your minimap to see where it's coming from.
Plus, the suppressor feels like it cuts back on recoil and muzzle climb.  Therefore, in CQC, your shot grouping tends to be closer and (as long as your aim is true) more shots his where you want them to go.  Combined with Grip and Red-Dot or Holo, it is a pretty deadly combo.
Sisco
+493|6341

GeoEnvi wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Plus, the suppressor feels like it cuts back on recoil and muzzle climb.  Therefore, in CQC, your shot grouping tends to be closer and (as long as your aim is true) more shots his where you want them to go.  Combined with Grip and Red-Dot or Holo, it is a pretty deadly combo.
According to one of those one-liner tips on the loading screens the added weight indeed reduces vertical climb.
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden

Sisco wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

According to one of those one-liner tips on the loading screens the added weight indeed reduces vertical climb.
+ Reduces vertical climb
+ Doesn't show up on minimap
+ Harder to pinpoint shooter based on sound and muzzle flash

- Reduced velocity means more bullet drop and less effective range
(The "Flash Suppressor" doesn't impact the effective range, only the decreased range accuracy)
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
The FAMAS is like an F2000 that shoots faster. Unbeatable at close range, shit at mid-long range, even with heavy barrel and foregrip. Not to mention the hideous iron sights.
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
L85 is the best gun in the game. It has even greater accuracy than the AEK or M16. Put it on burst fire and it's game over.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5682|SQUID
I really like the SVD with suppressor and russian holographic scopegreat medium and even farish range gun because the reticle is so open and clear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard