Roc18
`
+655|5810|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Tyson Chandler agrees with Knicks

wrote:

from Tim MacMahon, ESPNDallas.com:

The ink on the four-year contract isn't dry yet, but free-agent center Tyson Chandler confirmed that he will sign with the New York Knicks.

Chandler said Friday on ESPN 103.3's "Ben and Skin Show" that there will not be a sign-and-trade deal with the Dallas Mavericks, the team he helped win its first championship during his lone season on the roster.

The 7-foot-1 Chandler, who served as the best defensive backbone Dallas has had in the Dirk Nowitzki era, realized almost immediately in the negotiation process that he wouldn't be able to work out a deal to return to the Mavericks.

Chandler opted to sign with the Knicks after being heavily courted by the Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets among other teams.

"It just really happened over the last, like, 48 hours," Chandler said. "I just think the future of the team, being able to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and the young talent that we have, I feel like puts us in contention over the next four or five years."

Dallas owner Mark Cuban, who is determined to maintain financial flexibility under the new, more restrictive collective bargaining agreement, offered only a two-year deal. The New York Times reported that Chandler's deal with the Knicks is expected to be in the range of $58 million for four seasons.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ … ith-knicks

https://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfo0z05MHB1qe9f1qo1_500.jpg

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-09 11:29:23)

Roc18
`
Front Court
>Melo
>Chandler
>Stoudemire

Back Court
>Fields
>Douglas

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mystline18/dis_gonna_b_gud.gifhttps://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mystline18/dis_gonna_b_gud.gif
hocSiciliano
+6|4572|New York

Roc18 wrote:

Front Court
>Melo
>Chandler
>Stoudemire

Back Court
>Fields
>Douglas

Yes sir! Get excited!

I am glad they did this move over getting CP3, they needed defensive help more than a PG...you can get a PG where ever cause really once the ball gets in the hands of Melo or Amare they are shooting anyway. Haha.

Last edited by hocSiciliano (2011-12-09 11:58:24)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6651|949

gurdeep wrote:

stern is such a douche
his legacy is going to be the lockout and this debacle.  What a fucking joke.

Howard to Nets is NOT a done deal either.  Magic filing tampering chargers against the Nets (and maybe Rockets).

CP3 deal isn't 'officially' dead either.  They really have to move Lamar at least, because you can't pretend you weren't offering him up.  He probably hates Lakers ownership now.
Roc18
`
Odom showed up to practice like an hour and a half later.

Must be really awkward practicing with an organization that effectively let you go.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

He probably hates Lakers ownership now.
Players get put on the trading block and taken off all the time. It's part of the sport and only an immature player (although to marry a Kardashian I guess you have to be) would throw a temper tantrum after being put on the block. Bobby Ryan of the Anaheim Ducks was on the block for weeks, team fired the coach and took him off. Now he's playing better. Different sport (and difference race lol ), but the same sentiment still applies.

Really does piss me off that a legitimate trade can be blocked because of a few butthurt owners though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6651|949

Lamar took less money to stay with the Lakers, because we wanted to be a Laker.  He could have signed a more lucrative contract to play somewhere else, but he didn't.  Surely, it was his own decision, but I completely understand his anger.  It's like he took one for the team and they show him no love.

From what Stern is saying, it's in 'the best interest to the Hornets' to have CP3 play there.  This is complete bullshit though.  How is having a player go through the motions during the season while everyone (including the player, fans, team, league) knows he's going to leave at the end of the season better than actually getting value for that player why you still can?  Either he plays a full season in New Orleans as a disgruntled player and then signs elsewhere (and the Hornets get nothing), or they trade him and receive assets signed beyond next season.  Is this supposed to be some sort of magical season for the Hornets?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT
david stern is a terrible human being who no one would miss if he suddenly disappeared into the heart of the congo
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Lamar took less money to stay with the Lakers, because we wanted to be a Laker.  He could have signed a more lucrative contract to play somewhere else, but he didn't.  Surely, it was his own decision, but I completely understand his anger.  It's like he took one for the team and they show him no love.

From what Stern is saying, it's in 'the best interest to the Hornets' to have CP3 play there.  This is complete bullshit though.  How is having a player go through the motions during the season while everyone (including the player, fans, team, league) knows he's going to leave at the end of the season better than actually getting value for that player why you still can?  Either he plays a full season in New Orleans as a disgruntled player and then signs elsewhere (and the Hornets get nothing), or they trade him and receive assets signed beyond next season.  Is this supposed to be some sort of magical season for the Hornets?
I understand that, but it's just the nature of the game. Players get traded all the time and know that going into the sport. I understand he wanted to be a Laker, but he has to understand that the team is trying to get better, and that might mean he has to leave. It's just the nature of sports. I doubt Buss and Kupchak were negotiating with him on the block with ease. He's free to be pissed about it, but don't throw a temper tantrum and not show up to camp. That's unprofessional.
Roc18
`

nukchebi0 wrote:

david stern is a terrible human being who no one would miss if he suddenly disappeared into the heart of the congo
sad thing is this is true
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

Roc18 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

sad thing is this is true
Yeah, he is very reminiscent of Sepp Blatter.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Knicks got Mike Bibby.

This would've been awesome 6 years ago.
Roc18
`
lol @ the Knicks signing minime

https://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/30/023a03b1-5e0f-44da-b499-193199a4612e.jpg

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-10 20:29:46)

gurdeep
­
+812|4774|proll­y
let me guess, the hawks arent going to do jack shit for trades/pickups yet again. fucking joke organization
gurdeep
­
+812|4774|proll­y
poor paul if he goes to the clippers
hocSiciliano
+6|4572|New York

gurdeep wrote:

Seriously, I read that yesterday. I also read he is going to exercise his contract with the Hornets and then be traded to the Clippers meaning he will be stuck a Clipper for another 2 seasons....ouch. Could be decent because of Blake Griffin but who knows.
hocSiciliano
+6|4572|New York
Clipper/Hornets trade for Chris Paul fell through and is no longer happening.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A … ade_121211
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

>implying Griffin/Paul Combo wouldn't be boss.
hocSiciliano
+6|4572|New York

Roc18 wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

>implying Griffin/Paul Combo wouldn't be boss.
That would be a sick combo, ESPN is reporting the deal may not be completely dead, just put in holding pattern.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6516

wound up buying a half season package. in 33 games we wont even see chicago, miami, or new york. of the 17 we did get, deron williams returns, we get dallas twice, and the lakers twice. i hope la get's rid of gasol before they show up, but that prolly means they got howard.
young team, lost kirilenko, and if the wife wife weren't such a big fan i wouldn't be going to any games this year.
hocSiciliano
+6|4572|New York
As per ESPN/Twitter...Looks like Chris Paul is heading to the clippers for 3-4 players and a draft pick.

Griffin and Paul teaming up...should be fun to watch.

This trade also means that Paul will not be a free agent at the end of the year and instead will be a free agent at the end of the 2013 season...lookin good again for Knicks fans though I am not sure I would want him...two years older.

Last edited by hocSiciliano (2011-12-14 16:11:55)

Roc18
`

can't wait for the season to start
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5503|Bolingbrook, Illinois
rip hamilton welcome to chicago
spectraman
+27|6792

HaiBai wrote:

rip hamilton welcome to chicago
You can have that crybaby, locker room poison.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5503|Bolingbrook, Illinois
nah, he'll fit in here

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard