.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6818|Marathon, Florida Keys
I was almost always the highest ranked person in bf2. I got corporal, sgt and staff sgt before almost anyone else and when they added officer ranks i skipped all the way from staff sgt to LtCol. When i got full bird col pretty much the only others i ever saw were in TOP. Every time i played people in my squad were like holy shit u must be good. Same thing in bf2142 except with the condensed ranks i never got the same attention. Nor in any COD title or BC2 (actually my laptop played bc2 at 25 fps and i could never manage to get above a 3kdr). This 100 levels of colonel shit is a fucking joke lol. I loved all that attention in bf2 i got just because i had my "look everyone i have no life and play games all day" award. Even more awesome when i got my 3 star general and lead my team by 40 points every fucking round. Game producers just keep dumbing down every aspects of games to make them more enjoyable for the casual console gamer. What else is going to happen though, companies make these games. They're goal to make money and to make the most they can they want to appeal to the most people they can (and most people are fucking terrible at games). You think they give a shit about the minoriy (l33t uber pwner types that like to take the time to master a game and run everyone else over because they know all the little secrets of the game mechanics)? Fuck no! Me and my team used to empty servers due to the enemy ragequiting. Good players are bad for business, so they dumbed everything down including ranks so that these uber l33t people dont even stand out as much as they would in older games.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Didn't Battlefield 2 make huge sales, and yet that wasn't really catering to brain-dead 20 year olds living with their mother.
Yeah Sh1fty, gaming hasn't changed at all since then... not at all...

Gaming is now something nearly everyone does in some shape or form, the most popular kind of gaming is the "pick up and play" console kind where you enjoy a short burst of dumb fun.

It's all about making money these days, not about making the hardcore fans happy...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6390|the land of bourbon
^ yep.  another reason why this game is not a bf2 sequel..  explain to me why they took the best aspects of bf2, and completely removed them?  i just don't get it.  just found out the other day that i don't get repair pts in the littlebird or transport helis, why should i bother repairing at all?  no commander?  protected bases?  bf2 wins because of the sheer number of ways to dominate alone or with a team.  this game is simply a console fps that i mistake for cod when i see the tv commercials.  *sigh
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma
DICE can't do anything since they are owned by EA, and EA wants COD money....
If only DICE made mod tools available....I mean PR with this game would be spectacular.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
FloppY_
­

aerodynamic wrote:

I mean PR with this game would be spectacular.
If you enjoy hiking

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-12-04 14:49:29)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5482|Ventura, California
Isn't Project Reality actually making their own game from the ground up now alongside their ArmA II and future ArmA III mod?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma

FloppY_ wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

If only DICE made mod tools available....I mean PR with this game would be spectacular.
If you enjoy hiking
I never walked in pr, always piloted.

@shifty yeah they are making mods for mainly Arma 2 now, and their own game thing has been in "dev" for years now...i doubt it will see the light of day.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-12-04 14:50:40)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477

aerodynamic wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

If you enjoy hiking

sure.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

If you enjoy hiking

sure.
I did, transport chopper i mean.
FloppY_
­
The only good part of PR in my opinion was that you could actually feel useful as a transport-heli pilot..

Other than that it was a walking simulator only interrupted by gunfights that most likely involved you getting sniped only to start the hike all over again...
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma

FloppY_ wrote:

The only good part of PR in my opinion was that you could actually feel useful as a transport-heli pilot..

Other than that it was a walking simulator only interrupted by gunfights that most likely involved you getting sniped only to start the hike all over again...
Depends tho, if you had a good team on voip and mumble you pretty never had any trouble at all.
But then you would also join a super serious server with people going crazy and all nerdgasmic with military linguo....
FloppY_
­

aerodynamic wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Depends tho, if you had a good team on voip and mumble you pretty never had any trouble at all.
But then you would also join a super serious server with people going crazy and all nerdgasmic with military linguo....
*cringe*
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6141|Scotland!

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

I was almost always the highest ranked person in bf2. I got corporal, sgt and staff sgt before almost anyone else and when they added officer ranks i skipped all the way from staff sgt to LtCol. When i got full bird col pretty much the only others i ever saw were in TOP. Every time i played people in my squad were like holy shit u must be good. Same thing in bf2142 except with the condensed ranks i never got the same attention. Nor in any COD title or BC2 (actually my laptop played bc2 at 25 fps and i could never manage to get above a 3kdr). This 100 levels of colonel shit is a fucking joke lol. I loved all that attention in bf2 i got just because i had my "look everyone i have no life and play games all day" award. Even more awesome when i got my 3 star general and lead my team by 40 points every fucking round. Game producers just keep dumbing down every aspects of games to make them more enjoyable for the casual console gamer. What else is going to happen though, companies make these games. They're goal to make money and to make the most they can they want to appeal to the most people they can (and most people are fucking terrible at games). You think they give a shit about the minoriy (l33t uber pwner types that like to take the time to master a game and run everyone else over because they know all the little secrets of the game mechanics)? Fuck no! Me and my team used to empty servers due to the enemy ragequiting. Good players are bad for business, so they dumbed everything down including ranks so that these uber l33t people dont even stand out as much as they would in older games.
The only people who stand out in bf3 are the cunts with IRNV, tactical light, f2000 and no ingame brains

I miss being able to bring a server to a standstill in bf2, while playing with one hand

Last edited by I'm Jamesey (2011-12-04 14:57:25)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5482|Ventura, California
^^

Gosh I miss the good old days

Only similar feeling to BF2 I get in BF3 is having the skies completely free of aircraft thanks to me Only downside is that aircraft don't play a significant role against ground combat so my efforts aren't really helpful to the team as in BF2.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-12-04 15:06:54)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
Finray on my clan server, got his dog tags taken by my clan mate, rage quit...
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5973|London, England

ro

fl
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

If you enjoy hiking

sure.
i never walked on PR either

littlebird squad fo lyfe
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4977|Dundee, Scotland.
jord sounds like chesney from Corrie
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
more like a young sean bean in sharpe.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

jord wrote:

can i be your harper pretty please?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord

FatherTed wrote:

jord wrote:

can i be your harper pretty please?
yes
jord
uzique can be sir henry
jord
lucien can be that one with the long hair thats a good shot
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
yaaaay. tsex can be our dan hagman (he's from cheshire you see) and uzique can be the ginger one
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard