one love, one pig
+1,775|6568

>euro
>see the shitvette for what it is

pick two
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5539|Toronto
I want a Porsche. If I could have any car it would certainly be a Porsche of some variant. If I make decent money I want to drive a Boxster.

Porsches are great, agree?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire

Toilet Sex wrote:

>american
>corvette best thing ever

pick two
wat
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York

Pochsy wrote:

I want a Porsche. If I could have any car it would certainly be a Porsche of some variant. If I make decent money I want to drive a Boxster.

eh

Audi <3
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
audis are for black people
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5827|u fucking wot m8

Pochsy wrote:

Agree.

I'm picking up a 944 S2 Cabrio closer to Christmas and she's looking to be like a good buy. If you're planning to buy one second hand from a private sale, make sure you set up a trustfund of about $1,000+ for routine maintenance and any potential faults which will inevitably happen with cars from this era. Also, a detailed review of past service papers as well as a pre-purchase inspection from a mechanic specializing in European cars is a must.

Despite the fact that most oldie Porsches will have a fair few km's on the odometer, they're cars which'l treat you right if you treat them right.

https://liveimages.carsales.com.au/carsales/car/dealer/100963814.jpg

pic related; the soon to be lauramobile

Last edited by Laura (2011-12-02 21:12:04)

https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
iceman785
+93|6669|Alaska, mother fucker.

Toilet Sex wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

naw
how so? Lambo has Corvettes done over on style, attraction, history, sound, drive, interior, customer service, 'special' feeling, brand

ZR1 is faster around the nurburgring, oh........
Maybe that's because a lambo cost 4x as much as a Corvette. And most everything you described is all matter of opinion. At least most Corvette owners actually drive their cars, whereas lambos are pretty much garage queens. How many miles does your mom actually put on a lambo before she rids it for another?

And being faster around the 'ring is a pretty big deal if you ask me.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6568

ring times are pretty gay
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

Laura wrote:

make sure you set up a trustfund of about $1,000+ per year for routine maintenance and any potential faults which will inevitably happen with cars from this era.
Fixed.

Ring times have no bearing whatever on how a car will drive on a real road.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-12-03 04:10:45)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6188|Roma

Pochsy wrote:

911's are good, Boxsters have a reputation of being the poor mans variant.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5827|u fucking wot m8

Dilbert_X wrote:

Laura wrote:

make sure you set up a trustfund of about $1,000+ per year for routine maintenance and any potential faults which will inevitably happen with cars from this era.
Fixed.
Too true.
https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Laura wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Laura wrote:

Fixed.
Too true.
Doubt $1000 will be enough, old Porshes are insanely expensive to repair and buy parts for...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6568

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

it's worse than that

cayman is a poor man's 911
a boxster is a poor man's cayman

TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5977|Toronto

Laura wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Agree.

I'm picking up a 944 S2 Cabrio closer to Christmas and she's looking to be like a good buy. If you're planning to buy one second hand from a private sale, make sure you set up a trustfund of about $1,000+ for routine maintenance and any potential faults which will inevitably happen with cars from this era. Also, a detailed review of past service papers as well as a pre-purchase inspection from a mechanic specializing in European cars is a must.

Despite the fact that most oldie Porsches will have a fair few km's on the odometer, they're cars which'l treat you right if you treat them right.

pic related; the soon to be lauramobile
Nice. You're going to love the 944's handling, even as you kill your savings account. I almost bought a 951 myself a year ago--those cars are brobably the biggest smiles/km producers around.
I like pie.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black

iceman785 wrote:

Finray wrote:

oh I wasn't meaning supercars, or the ZR1 in particular, I was merely meaning American cars in general. 6 litre engines with 130 BHP and suchlike.
Wtf? It's pretty clear you are just making shit up at this point. Most American muscle gets atleast 80hp/ liter
Really? That much? My shitty '99 Corsa gets 65BHP/liter, and that's by no means a performance car.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
nurburgring ruins car production

'hey guys we could actually make this a really well balanced car with features the customer will enjoy!'
'haha faggt kill urself llo ring times r winrar'

#jamesmay4president
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5539|Toronto

Toilet Sex wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

it's worse than that

cayman is a poor man's 911
a boxster is a poor man's cayman

I completely agree. But even if I am a poor man, I would still like to drive a low-end Porsche if only because it's been my dream since age 10. I don't mind be labeled a poor man so long as I have my Porsche.

I know it's lame brand loyalty and all, but it makes me happy.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
rather have a nice audi/bmw for the price of a boxter. go 911 or go home
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
HudsonFalcon
+20|5928|New York
I have an '08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X currently and for around $30K I think it's a great bang-for-your-buck car performance wise.

Last edited by HudsonFalcon (2011-12-03 11:06:31)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
if you're 14 years old
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
nah evo's have always been good cars. services are a bit lol, but 4/5 seats, good power+handling. maybe they play a bit too much on the NFS generation but still nice cars.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
subaru impreza, what happened to you ;_;
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

And yes I know this is the hyper-EVO and not the regular one...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-12-03 11:13:32)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
HudsonFalcon
+20|5928|New York

Finray wrote:

if you're 14 years old
I'm sure you're an expert at finding out the likes and dislikes of 14 year olds after you lure them into your '99 Corsa.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard