baggs
+732|6174
I need to buy some new ski goggles and gloves, i don't want to spend an absolute bomb! However, they must be good enough for skiing in the German Alps over New Years and then Canada next year and onwards.

I've been looking at some Oakleys which were really at the max end of my budget and some O'neill OSG 1's which fit may face very well but to be perfectly truthful i'm not very well clued in on matters concerning ski goggles and gloves. Budget for goggles is up to £90/£100, MAX end of the scale.

I'd like to spend around £50 on gloves if i can do with that but i appreciate the saying 'buy cheap, pay twice' comes into play.

Any recommendations or advice is welcomed!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Oakleys are good, I've been using Electrics the last couple seasons and the EG2.5 is comfortable and works quite nicely.

Gloves are gloves, leather ones will last longer. Spending money will get you quality. Maybe something like Burton AK Clutch glove, Burton AK Yeti mitt, or DC Zao glove. All depends on if your hands get cold or not easy. I'm trying a pair of DC Mizu gloves this winter, then I have a pair of burton pipe gloves for spring riding.
baggs
+732|6174
Ive been having a look at those EG2.5, i found a few retailers in the UK, can i ask tho what kinda face shape you are?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Burton makes quality gear, like gloves. Oakley for goggles.

Anon makes great goggles too, they are what I have.

Last edited by Jay (2011-11-06 11:07:14)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

AuClair gloves. Most comfortable and warm pair of gloves I've ever owned for skiing.
http://www.auclairgloves.com/products.cfm?uid=56
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

baggs wrote:

Ive been having a look at those EG2.5, i found a few retailers in the UK, can i ask tho what kinda face shape you are?
Skinny I guess. I prefer them over the EG2 because those are just all around huge. I havent heard any complaints and lots of compliments about the EG series also. The 2.5 would work better with a helmet though.
silk long johns yeeeeaaah
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
where's adams
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
baggs
+732|6174
thank you for the suggestions, i think i will try and find a vendor for the EG2.5's and try them on, otherwise i think i might buy the O'Neill OSG1's.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Shit, now I want to go skiing again...

Make sure both goggles and gloves fit right and are comfortable.

IMO, you should buy two goggles. One like polarized sunglasses and one with clear lenses. For gloves, get the kind with removable liners so you can wash them, and with a long sleeve to help prevent snow from getting inside.

And don't forget to buy one of those electronic boot/glove driers as well, if you don't have one yet.

Grab one of these too for lolz:

http://www.amazon.com/Husky-Animal-Hat- … amp;sr=1-5
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

IMO, you should buy two goggles. One like polarized sunglasses and one with clear lenses. For gloves, get the kind with removable liners so you can wash them, and with a long sleeve to help prevent snow from getting inside.

And don't forget to buy one of those electronic boot/glove driers as well, if you don't have one yet.

you can change out lenses
-Frederick Bastiat
electronic boot dryer lol.. make sure it's sharper image.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

you can change out lenses
Quicker to simply keep a second pair in your coat pocket, I think.

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

electronic boot dryer lol.. make sure it's sharper image.
They're great. Burns out all the cold damp.
baggs
+732|6174
Again, thanks for the help on this. I ended up buying some Oakley Crowbars w/ Persimmon lens plus an Iridium Fire lens too.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p3704408

I found these to be the best fit goggles i could find, and i got the whole lot for £120 from an Oakley store so i'm very happy. Lenses are dead easy to swap too, Airbrakes looked good but £200 was too much to pay.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

PrivateVendetta wrote:

where's adams
late to the party

Jay wrote:

Burton makes quality gear, like gloves. Oakley for goggles.

Anon makes great goggles too, they are what I have.
That's because anon is owned by Burton

Personally I like my dragon rogues, but that's because they fit into my helmet and my face comfortably, and look sick to boot.

Gloves - gortex is the way to go if it's economically viable. Ak gear is the bar personally
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
who are these trolls suggesting that burton makes quality stuff
Adams_BJ
The people who know
i have a burton ski jacket, it works>
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
burton is good though overpriced. paying for the name and so forth.

i have a pair of 3o dollar scott goggles and they work fine.
Adams_BJ
Burton isn't  overly overpriced, they are uasually on par with the other big brands.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
idk, almost every pair of burton gloves/gear i have bought didn't survive past 2 months.  most other snowboarders/skiiers i know agree with me
13rin
+977|6449
Gauntlet mittens.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

baggs wrote:

Again, thanks for the help on this. I ended up buying some Oakley Crowbars w/ Persimmon lens plus an Iridium Fire lens too.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p3704408

I found these to be the best fit goggles i could find, and i got the whole lot for £120 from an Oakley store so i'm very happy. Lenses are dead easy to swap too, Airbrakes looked good but £200 was too much to pay.
so, how'd they do?
Adams_BJ

HaiBai wrote:

idk, almost every pair of burton gloves/gear i have bought didn't survive past 2 months.  most other snowboarders/skiiers i know agree with me
I've never had any quality burton gear come back for warranty ever. Not even the cheap punters Burton gear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard