Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.

This is how you jet.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
owning at jets, but then again most guys here suck. got 9 - 3 and all deaths were suicides by crashing into other F18s while following a MIG xD
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto
Is 9 kills in a round really considered good? It used to be 30-0 was par for the course if you were 1/4 decent.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6589|Your attic

-Sh1fty- wrote:

owning at jets, but then again most guys here suck. got 9 - 3 and all deaths were suicides by crashing into other F18s while following a MIG xD
>owning at jets
>got 9 - 3

Pick one.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anyway I get the feeling that jets could be vastly improved if they just reduced the disable threshold to 25% rather than 50%, that would mean one stinger couldn't disable you but one mobile AA volley could. I know the point of AA is to actually function against aircraft but the rock vs paper vs scissors analogy only works for vehicles in my eyes, infantry should be ants that are nothing more than a jam eating nuisance until there are at least a few of them scurrying around. Maybe you'd want to increase the recharge time on flares/extinguishers to compensate.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

-Sh1fty- wrote:

go get them champ!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Teamkiller.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
12v12 on consoles is probably what is keeping me at such low kills. That and jets to very little damage to vehicles other than jets and helicopters. I need 14 rockets to disable a tank, and then another set to destroy it. That's ridiculous.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
ok champ!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Can't do shit in the Flanker! It's such a huge ass target.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah I just gave the Flanker another go and I can't do a darn thing with them! The F18s always blend right into the environment or sky unlike the giant black "shoot here" triangles.

31 kills in F/A 18 and 1 in Flanker...
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

-Sh1fty- wrote:

12v12 on consoles is probably what is keeping me at such low kills. That and jets to very little damage to vehicles other than jets and helicopters. I need 14 rockets to disable a tank, and then another set to destroy it. That's ridiculous.
1 volley of rockets from far enough out then switch to mg and you can kill a tank...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
I shoot down F18s in the Flanker all day urr day

seems like a l2p/patriotism placebo effect issue
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke
Sounds like shifty just sucks at the game...
No real surprise there
thepilot91
+64|6235|Åland!

Finray wrote:

I shoot down F18s in the Flanker all day urr day

seems like a l2p/patriotism placebo effect issue
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

1 volley of rockets from far enough out then switch to mg and you can kill a tank...
Maybe in the Su-25 or A10 it's enough (infact you don't even need rockets in those aircraft to kill a tank with the guns) but with the fighter jets it's abit more difficult to do that, with belt speed it's easier but you're better off doing two volleys and using air radar.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
hi mek xox
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sturgeon
+488|4940|Flintshire

FatherTed wrote:

hi mek xox
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6738
Found a great way to kill jets, helos etc, Rush on defence on Kharg Island, swim to carrier, get in carriers anti air, bask in the glory of all the messages of hate sent to you as your ground their air arm for the entire game lol.

No idea why dice didn't make the carrier out of bound.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

paranoid101 wrote:

Found a great way to kill jets, helos etc, Rush on defence on Kharg Island, swim to carrier, get in carriers anti air, bask in the glory of all the messages of hate sent to you as your ground their air arm for the entire game lol.

They fixed that in the latest patch
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6738

mtb0minime wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

They fixed that in the latest patch
Not on Xbox as yet
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Got the hang of the Flanker! Feels exactly the same as the F/A 18 but seems to still turn slower.

Almost have the guided missile unlocked. Does it disable a vehicle in one hit? What I plan on doing is firing on at a tank than using guns so as to finish it off in one pass. Easier to hit a tank with one guided missile than 14 unguided ones.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Easier to hit a tank with one guided missile than 14 unguided ones.
Nope, it isn't. And you also won't do nearly as much damage. Guided missile sucks balls.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Guided missiles are useless, if you've unlocked air radar and rocket pods than forget about anything else you've unlocked or will unlock with jets. ECM Jammer is also not as effective as flares, ECM prevents anything locking onto you, but it lasts so pathetically short that you'll be locked on again pretty quickly, and in dogfights with anyone using A2A missiles they're even more worthless.

From my experience the rockets do the same damage no matter where they hit the tank, but for the guns it does matter. Try to hit tanks from the sides and back with the gun, coupled with a single volley of rockets and I've found it can do the job, as long as you're accurate. The top, not so much, I've attacked numerous tanks from the very top and they don't seem to be as weak as the sides/back. But still, lazy option is to spam two volleys and finish off with the gun from any direction. It can make you abit of a sitting target, abit, if you're not careful though. Flying around and hitting the vehicles from the sides/back you can be abit quicker with things, not having to slow down as much.

I haven't noticed any handling differences between the two sets of jets, whether it's the Su-35 vs F/A-18 or Su-25 vs A-10

I've been shot down in the stupidest ways possible, I can count at least three times getting shot out of the sky by a tank. Today I got RPG'd after slowing down and going way too low, sometimes I get complacent and stupid, so stupid things happen, but it's all part of the fun. Slowing down/throttle control is one of the most important things with flying in this game, but do it within reason, don't underestimate some of the fools on the ground, they can be handy with shit.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2011-11-24 18:34:05)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke
Mek is your in game ktpk or some shit like that?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard