Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

Uzique wrote:

i don't have the desire to learn/play a game to that degree, either, but i'd hope it was at least there for those that are so inclined. a game feels very unsatisfactory and lacking something when there is no sense of a 'higher level' of play, i.e. a steep gradient to the learning curve. that is, after all, why a lot of people play certain games, such as MMO's and RTS games: knowing that there is a professional level where the game is played to an extremely high pedigree. i get the feeling with most modern fps games that they only feature an average, casual, entertaining-hollywood experience that doesn't allow any room for finesse or 'skill'.
I see your point and I agree with it to some extent, even though I never cared much for the higher levels myself. With gaming having a never before seen penetration however, the "high-skill" playing remains a niche. New iterations of games come out in a much more frequent fashion, there´s hardly a reason to build a meta game that requires a prolonged training period, keeping players busy after the initial freshness wears off. For FPS that is, can´t speak for RPG´s or MMO´s.

Last edited by Sisco (2011-11-03 01:40:26)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
^ viz. all games are now subscribing to the call of duty modern warfare model.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

SEREMAKER wrote:

SO .... what would you change or do different :
Commanders.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
something else sorely missing: not being able to see the state of the game you are joining. you can't list the server's teams and scores, or time/score remaining, from the all-so-brilliant-yet-somehow-entirely-redundant-Battlelog system. it's fucking annoying joining a server and being put on a team with 6 remaining players against 20 because everyone has just left, with 20 tickets left on the clock and a free loss chocked up on your stats. this happens all the time, made much worse by the games lack of a queue or proper server-join system (i.e. often times when a slot or two becomes free on a busy server, it's because a person quit whilst their team was way behind... so you conveniently take their place, and their loss). this was standard fare in bf2 so why the fuck is the supposedly great "revolutionary online gaming experience" battlelog missing it? i'm tired of joining games with 25 tickets left and having to grit my teeth on a server with massively unbalanced, stacked teams.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia
I'd get rid of most of the unlocks, and actually have them as standard in the kits vehicles. I mean, really:

Grenade launcher, smoke grenades, C4, claymores, landmines, defibs, shotguns, SMGs, high capacity magazines, red dot sights, Co-Axial MGs, flares, smoke, laser-guided missiles, TV guided missiles, air-to-air missiles, bolt-action sniper rifles, TOW missiles.

^Some of the things I can think of that were available in various guns/kits/vehicles from the get-go in BF2. You had access to them regardless of rank or time played. Every time I unlock these things, I don't feel any sense of achievement, just irritation: "why the hell didn't I start off with this?".
I'm not against unlocks in general, so long as you a) unlock alternatives rather then upgrades and b) can choose what you unlock. It ticks me off when I get a new gun and have to get a few dozen kills to unlock the things I'll actually use.
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
What are they?

1. Personally I would better utilize the size of the maps, spread out the flags more, add new flags etc. Maps like Firestorm and Caspian Have so much unused space.

2. Get Rid of the IRNV scope

3. Make the UI/Minimap better; aka this:
https://i.imgur.com/eUoVU.jpg

4. Get Rid of 50% Vehicle Disable

5. Nerf the Rockets so they don't have as much splash damage as to counter the constant rocket spam on maps like Grand Bazaar and Metro.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
Buff vehicles
Get rid of no player boundaries
Make recon a little more viable
Improve UI when selecting kit/spawn etc
Space out the flags a bit
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6622|Camp XRay

The TV missile for the helicopter sucks. Should be more like BF2.

AN-94 defaults to double shot even when you switch it to full auto.

Squad VOIP
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

nerf the g36e
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
mini-map/map is my biggest gripe

I'd like it to be more like bf2's map, basic and easy, not single-colored geometric shapes everywhere. It doesn't have to be detailed, just not what it is.

2-5: whatever. Ill get used to the rest. Besides I haven't really played enough to have a valid vote anyway

edito: i can't count

Last edited by pirana6 (2011-11-15 18:51:45)

BVC
+325|6694
1.Reduce the taclight's brightness by a metric shitload
2.Reduce the size of the chatbox, make it one line per line of chat/server message, for lines max, colour-coded.
3.Increase jet cannon damage vs. other air vehicles a little bit (not a lot)
3.Make spawn points and squaddies clickable on the map, like in BC2
4.Make kit/vehicle loadouts and camo changes persist between rounds/servers, perhaps introduce a COD4-style kit build/save setup
5.Fix the the map/minimap  ie. Make it a top-down photo like in previous BF titles, not a shitty graphical representation, and also make it remember zoom levels between deaths

Last edited by Pubic (2011-11-15 19:22:05)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
Vehicle buff
minimap/customization/chatbox rejig
map size and flag spacing
transition speed and smoothness
proper commrose that displays text in chat box so it's actually useful
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...