Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
I've always wanted to wall mount my monitor to clear up a bit of space on my desk but never really got around to it. Anyone know any good mounting brackets? I'd prefer one that had a swing arm on it so I could bring the monitor out and sit on my couch and watch shit, but I'm worried that'll be a) expensive and b) stick out from the wall really far. I'd be using a Samsung 2233RZ which has dedicated mounting screw holes on the back ().

tl;dr I'm looking for a fairly cheap (<£30) mounting bracket that doesn't stick out too far.

E: for reference my monitor is 4.5KG

Last edited by Finray (2011-11-15 13:16:25)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6622|Camp XRay

I doubt you'll find one for 30 pounds that you'd trust to hold your monitor up. I just bought a couple of standard vesa mounts for mine that you would use for a small tv. They don't swing out, but they do swivel up and down.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver
https://pinballmagic.com/images/dstape.jpg

three long strips of this.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I doubt you'll find one for 30 pounds that you'd trust to hold your monitor up. I just bought a couple of standard vesa mounts for mine that you would use for a small tv. They don't swing out, but they do swivel up and down.
Well I've found a couple of sites that are saying they can do very flat stationary mounts that'll hold 5 KG for as little as £7. I've found a couple of 20KG mounts with swinging arms for around £29.99.

Jenspm wrote:

I'd wall mount your mum
They don't make brackets strong enough |_()|_
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

SonderKommando wrote:

three long strips of this.
I'd rather not have my monitor covered in this if I ever decide to take it down

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/IMG00301-20111115-2201.jpg
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6684|West Yorkshire, U.K
You guys should be proud of yourself.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.
I'm gonna wall mount my monitor too
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
must be new to scots
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4553|Always Sunny in Philadelphia

RTHKI wrote:

must be new to scots
Third world?
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

must be new to scots
Third world?
oh god here we go again. back but a minute and being a cunt already.
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4553|Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I was just wondering what rthinki was getting at.
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

Is this going to end up like the "build a case out of my night stand" thread?  Where a year from now, you revive this thread informing us that you haven't done it yet?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
I imagine Scotland is more 2nd world than 3rd world. Like an ex-soviet satellite state. A lot of dark clouds and windy nights.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

tuckergustav wrote:

Is this going to end up like the "build a case out of my night stand" thread?  Where a year from now, you revive this thread informing us that you haven't done it yet?
tee hee hee
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
need to check my monitors, but i'm gonna get this one for my main monitor, and probably this one for my secondary. Gotta measure the holes on the back of the monitor, see if there VESA 75x75 or 100x100 compliant
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Finray wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Well I've found a couple of sites that are saying they can do very flat stationary mounts that'll hold 5 KG for as little as £7. I've found a couple of 20KG mounts with swinging arms for around £29.99.
Buy one to weight overspec (i.e., can hold more than you want to mount on it) and put some faith into reasonable user reviews. As long as you install it right (screws into stud if you know where to find it, else use butterfly anchors; don't trust the drywall screws), you should be fine. Focus more on how stable you want the joint(s) to be.

Also, don't strip the mounting holes on the back of the monitor itself.

Camm wrote:

need to check my monitors, but i'm gonna get this one for my main monitor, and probably this one for my secondary. Gotta measure the holes on the back of the monitor, see if there VESA 75x75 or 100x100 compliant
A lot of brackets are universal. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as there are mounting holes back there.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I use this one in the office:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 882021112R

Mounted directly into stud. Very stable. The arm detaches from the base, rather than the other way around like I've seen some. Easy to install. Would recommend, if you find it in stock somewhere.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Camm wrote:

A lot of brackets are universal. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as there are mounting holes back there.
Yeah, checked my monitors. A4 sheet = 300mm, fold into thirds, measure. That's accurate, right?

Ordered them just there.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Camm get the fuck out of my thread you hijacking diphtheria riddled asshole

No, this won't be like the other thread lol, cause this is one easy purchase. I'm really tempted to just get a flat stationary one. Keep the cost down, keep it flatter against the wall.. I don't really want the whole flair of it swinging about all over the place, just not necessary, I rarely if ever watch stuff on my computer from my couch, and if I really wanted to, I could always put it on the stand on my desk.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Finray wrote:

and if I really wanted to, I could always put it on the stand on my desk.
that'll be a pain in the ass
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Finray wrote:

No, this won't be like the other thread lol, cause this is one easy purchase. I'm really tempted to just get a flat stationary one. Keep the cost down, keep it flatter against the wall.. I don't really want the whole flair of it swinging about all over the place, just not necessary, I rarely if ever watch stuff on my computer from my couch, and if I really wanted to, I could always put it on the stand on my desk.
Once you go swing...
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Ilocano wrote:

Finray wrote:

Once you go swing...
you get pain in your ding (aling?)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Camm wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Camm wrote:

Yeah, checked my monitors. A4 sheet = 300mm, fold into thirds, measure. That's accurate, right?

Ordered them just there.
You can even look at the model specs online to figure its size without turning the thing physically around.

/first world shortcuts

Finray wrote:

Swivel+tilt > tilt unless your monitor has a really wide viewing angle. If you move seats around, don't lock the thing in one direction. Good monitor wall mounts really aren't that expensive. The one I pointed out earlier was like $30.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Swivel+tilt > tilt unless your monitor has a really wide viewing angle. If you move seats around, don't lock the thing in one direction. Good monitor wall mounts really aren't that expensive. The one I pointed out earlier was like $30.
I've got one slimline mount, and one swivel. don't need to move them about

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard