Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England

BBC wrote:

The publishers of Modern Warfare 3 have filed legal papers in America to try to get control of the modernwarfare3.com domain name.

According to online reports Activision has complained to the National Arbitration Forum, an organisation that settles disputes over web addresses.

It's not known who currently administers the site.

That person is not a fan and describes the game as the most overhyped first-person action series of all-time.
Cool settings

Insults hurled at the latest chapter of the hugely successful, multi-billion pound Call of Duty franchise on the website are that MW3 is a "copy and paste experience that looks exactly like Modern Warfare 2".

Other criticisms are that the game, due out in the autumn, "ultimately... fails to live up to its massive hype train".

There are concessions that the game has some "cool settings such as Wall Street in New York City".

But one of the key reasons it's created such a row is because it then goes on to describe rival EA's forthcoming Battlefield 3 game as a "more satisfying gaming experience".

"Battlefield takes first-person shooter realism and action to the next level" and "delivers cutting-edge graphics and game play like no other console shooter," it states.

So far there's no comment from Activision.
Find this very amusing tbh +1 internet
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
olololol.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
ahahahhahaha
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Inb4 anon retaliation
13rin
+977|6449
Anon apparently is getting popped in the US.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
they won or so it seems, can't connect to modernwarfare3.com
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
retarded
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville
Going to buy modernwarfare4.com so I can sell it too them for some $$$
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

too late
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Stuff like this is so bad... surely whoever buys the domain first owns it, that person can hardly be blamed for foul play just because some massive corporation decides to trademark that name and force a takeover...

Someone rich should pull a google and buy the most common mis-spellings of CoD's main site and make them all forward to BF3's site.
I nominate Toilet Sax
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England

FloppY_ wrote:

Stuff like this is so bad... surely whoever buys the domain first owns it, that person can hardly be blamed for foul play just because some massive corporation decides to trademark that name and force a takeover...

Someone rich should pull a google and buy the most common mis-spellings of CoD's main site and make them all forward to BF3's site.
I nominate Toilet Sax
Don't work like that, you have to set up a site that is loosely based on the name & then not make any money from it. Then you can keep the name.

case in point here for Wayne Rooney http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15604222
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard