+3,311|6486

wat
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6498|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Weird, because most of the college students I've known used laptops instead of desktops.
Tu comprendes ingles?
90% of university students and every single housemate i have ever had (except one that was a super WoW geek) had laptops.

i've just got back from my girlfriend's place and she lives with 5 other undergraduate girls. every single one has a macbook except one, who has a hp laptop. not a desktop in sight.

and why would non-college students need a desktop at all? all my family members that work fulltime have laptops for ease-of-use and portability around the home. no non-college student i know has a desktop except for those interested in computer games (a fractional minority). to most people a desktop is an office workstation, and they certainly don't want one in their home.

i think your impression of desktops is somewhat flawed.
I think your inability to comprehend written English is somewhat funny.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6797|Little Bentcock
I don't like the keyboard on laptops
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6946|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

I don't like the keyboard on laptops
Neither do I. Which is why I attach them to an external keyboard.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6645

nukchebi0 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Tu comprendes ingles?
90% of university students and every single housemate i have ever had (except one that was a super WoW geek) had laptops.

i've just got back from my girlfriend's place and she lives with 5 other undergraduate girls. every single one has a macbook except one, who has a hp laptop. not a desktop in sight.

and why would non-college students need a desktop at all? all my family members that work fulltime have laptops for ease-of-use and portability around the home. no non-college student i know has a desktop except for those interested in computer games (a fractional minority). to most people a desktop is an office workstation, and they certainly don't want one in their home.

perhaps you should simply write better. that or me and jay, with college degrees, can't read?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6498|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

perhaps you should simply write better. that or me and jay, with college degrees, can't read?
The word 'unless' is too complicated for your vast literary lexicon?

e: it probz iz 4 jay since he went 2 a tech school

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-11-08 15:35:00)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6859|United States of America
I don't like how some college classes act like everyone has laptops or smart phones these days. One of my classes has a way for you to send in questions (which get extra credit if they're good) but my desktop is in my room and a data package so I could go on the internet on my phone would be too expensive.
My desktop works for all my needs though. I study better from my own notes rather than annotating slides on presentations, too.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6645
i covered the scenario of both college students and regular users so i don't see how my post misunderstands yours. so, uuuum...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6498|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

i covered the scenario of both college students and regular users so i don't see how my post misunderstands yours. so, uuuum...
um why would you provide two stories showing that college students mostly use laptops unless you thought i was saying otherwise?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6645
my post stated (in statement 1+2) that college students definitely don't use desktops, it also stated (in statement 3) that the supposed non-college students that you speak of using them, also do not use them. i hope this clarifies my complex technical prose. thank you.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6498|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

my post stated (in statement 1+2) that college students definitely don't use desktops, it also stated (in statement 3) that the supposed non-college students that you speak of using them, also do not use them. i hope this clarifies my complex technical prose. thank you.
that didn't answer the question. i can read your post and know what it says - i cant understand the underlying need unless you are responding to an argument that asserts otherwise.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6712|Long Island, New York
a desktop at my school would probably get stolen anyways
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6645
nuk my post is just there to comprehensively state on both sides of the coin that the desktop is on the way out.

all that analytic language and yet no common sense.
gurdeep
­
+812|4929|proll­y
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6498|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

nuk my post is just there to comprehensively state on both sides of the coin that the desktop is on the way out.

all that analytic language and yet no common sense.
do whatever you need to save face.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6645
save face? christ i made a simple post that in the first paragraph concurred with the two people before me with my own experience, and in the second paragraph addressed what you were saying and debunked that, too. you are a queer child.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5760

I asked marine to come back. He said no thanks
DesertFox-

Poseidon wrote:

They're rare enough that people would go to the extra trouble of stealing them?

There's always hard lessons learned by freshmen in the dorms when they don't lock their doors at night and a bunch of laptops always get stolen every year. No one's unplugging and lugging out my tower and 24" monitor without me waking up though.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DesertFox- wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

They're rare enough that people would go to the extra trouble of stealing them?

There's always hard lessons learned by freshmen in the dorms when they don't lock their doors at night and a bunch of laptops always get stolen every year. No one's unplugging and lugging out my tower and 24" monitor without me waking up though.
you clearly do not know the city of albany
DesertFox-
I know they called hamburgers "steamed hams" there.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6915|OctoLand

Macbeth wrote:

Who gives a shit? Of all the frequent posters he contributes the least, it was either spam or being an asshole with him, heck Andros is more entertaining than that redneck...Oh, he'll be back anyway, don't worry yourself too much.
I know fucking karate
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

justice wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Who gives a shit? Of all the frequent posters he contributes the least, it was either spam or being an asshole with him, heck Andros is more entertaining than that redneck...Oh, he'll be back anyway, don't worry yourself too much.
i don't think i could've said it better myself

whiny old man who spent a good portion of his day insulting people 10 years+ younger than him
gurdeep
­
+812|4929|proll­y
marine > all
Roc18
`
+655|5965|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Doesn't seem like this forum got the population boom some people were expecting BF3 to bring.
gurdeep
­
+812|4929|proll­y
anything is possible if 50 fucked vivica

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard