Beach
+3|4551

FFLink wrote:

The A-10 is broken. Anyone noticed? Worst jet in the game.

If you take damage, it starts vearing out of control as if it's disabled, when HP is clearly above 53%.

I'm not sure if this is just after I use extinguishers, but it doesn't stop flying shitty til 100%.

I never noticed it before, but maybe it was just a bug in the two rounds I played.
I thought that was a one time glitch when it happened to me. It's probably just a bug with the disable tag that activates the listing.

Oh DICE, you have the best game launches.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

I guess the few times I've used the extinguisher have been unfortunately timed with enemy attack. I'd never see it put me back to 53%, though I've seen it happen plenty of times riding in the heli.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6710|US

Beach wrote:

FFLink wrote:

The A-10 is broken. Anyone noticed? Worst jet in the game.

If you take damage, it starts vearing out of control as if it's disabled, when HP is clearly above 53%.

I'm not sure if this is just after I use extinguishers, but it doesn't stop flying shitty til 100%.

I never noticed it before, but maybe it was just a bug in the two rounds I played.
I thought that was a one time glitch when it happened to me. It's probably just a bug with the disable tag that activates the listing.

Oh DICE, you have the best game launches.
Helicopters like to instantly roll 90 degrees from machine gun fire...which really sucks when you are trying to use terrain to get away.
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!
My experience is , you can only get disabled once / wheter you repair or "extinguish" it (used it once in the beta, hated it) , it wont recover anything at all by it self anymore, even if you repair your disabled vehicle (say 45%) up to 99% it's still disabled, only works the first time..
CC-Marley
+407|6824
I seem not to be able to get my Extreme 3D Pro set up right. Very frustrating. I bind my afterburners to a key and when I hit ithe key it acts as Esc button. The counter measure key brings up the commo rose. grrrr
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5032|Massachusetts, USA

CC-Marley wrote:

I seem not to be able to get my Extreme 3D Pro set up right. Very frustrating. I bind my afterburners to a key and when I hit ithe key it acts as Esc button. The counter measure key brings up the commo rose. grrrr
You have to clear out all the joystick controls. From foot soldier to jet. Then restart the game, then re enter the joystick controls you want for each vehicle.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
CC-Marley
+407|6824
Did that already..more than once..
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6686|Devon, England

thepilot91 wrote:

My experience is , you can only get disabled once / wheter you repair or "extinguish" it (used it once in the beta, hated it) , it wont recover anything at all by it self anymore, even if you repair your disabled vehicle (say 45%) up to 99% it's still disabled, only works the first time..
Nope.

Finally had a skilled pilot in the skies the other night and after I finally got enough time behind him to disable him, the next amount of bullets I put into him disabled him again - the signs of extinguisher.

You can be disabled, extinguish yourself and then get disabled again later.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
i think he means even though you can repair from disabled (i.e. slowly disintegrating) you never regain proper healthy controls
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!

FFLink wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Nope.

Finally had a skilled pilot in the skies the other night and after I finally got enough time behind him to disable him, the next amount of bullets I put into him disabled him again - the signs of extinguisher.

yeah but you killed him the second time didnt you?

I'm not saying you cant get disabled twice I'm saying that the second time you have to repair the vehicle to 100% for it not to be "disabled" and lose health by it self
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
Rockets pods are the shit. You're guaranteed to at least get a disable on a tank in one pass. And you can kill it if you come in from far enough away that you can switch to your cannons.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6523|London (At Heart)

1500 from rocket pods. Bring em on..
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6686|Devon, England

thepilot91 wrote:

FFLink wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Nope.

I'm not saying you cant get disabled twice I'm saying that the second time you have to repair the vehicle to 100% for it not to be "disabled" and lose health by it self
No, each extinguish brings the health to 53% and if no damage is taken after that, it will repair again. I've been hit and disabled, extinguished and shot a bit to disabled state again, then flown around waiting for extinguish to recharge and then been fine.

Some guy was complaining at me because he managed to disable me about 8 times before I bailed and gave up (Only jet in the air, too much AA and no support).
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5469|Ventura, California
I can't use jets without air radar. I barely have time to take off before an enemy jet is on my tail, and I can fly around in circles all day and if he's half-decent he'll never lose me but will always stay out of the lock FOV.

I want an F12 view and F11 view for BF3 on console. DICE, why can't you freaking make the un-used 4-way arrow keys be F9, F10, F11, and F12 views? FFS you retards
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
For someone who complains about realism all the time, you sure do love your magical outside views of vehicles you're in.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6654|BC, Canada
What side were the ejection ports on again?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6775|Great Brown North
lolconsole OHMEEGEE I NEEDS DA BUTTONZZZ
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5680|SQUID
Does anyone know how to change minimap on PS3?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5760|Belgium
I can't spot at all with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro in a jet or a chopper... However, when I press the button long enough, it does bring up the commo rose, so the game does register it.. Any help?
jmsprovan
+18|5807|Alba

Jebus wrote:

I can't spot at all with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro in a jet or a chopper... However, when I press the button long enough, it does bring up the commo rose, so the game does register it.. Any help?
If you are on a Hardcore (or modified normal) server then 3d spotting will be turned off.
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!

Jebus wrote:

sometimes you have to "q and click" but most of the time it's just enough with" q-ing" , even if the commrose never appears
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!

FFLink wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Nope.

No, each extinguish brings the health to 53% and if no damage is taken after that, it will repair again. I've been hit and disabled, extinguished and shot a bit to disabled state again, then flown around waiting for extinguish to recharge and then been fine.

Some guy was complaining at me because he managed to disable me about 8 times before I bailed and gave up (Only jet in the air, too much AA and no support).
ok, well, as I mentioned earlier I tried the extinguisher in the beta, found it useless ( aa-missiles)
UnkleRukus
That Guy
Beta =/= release copy.
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!

UnkleRukus wrote:

Beta =/= release copy.
true, but:

extinguisher =/= survive aa missiles

but one thing that defenitely has changed from the beta is the abilety to LAND YOUR JET (without flying at 150 for 6 miles2 feet above the ground)

anyone else noticed this ? , I always try to land and repair when disabled , worked like a charm as soon as I got the hang of it in the beta not I just fucking float over the grund at ....like 2 feet until the speed is 0  THEN I lose lift (hmmm...) and do a vertical landing

the only way I've been able to land sorta quickly is to roll a bit to left (since the plane want's to roll left when disabled) during the "LANDING SEQUENCE"
wich makes the plane lose lift and slam the front landing-gear into the ground making that horrifying noise do a ~90degree spin , after that it's usually slow enough to safely jump out and repair

either I want that godforsaken shitfunction gone or "repairfields" (as in bf2)
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6728|Cambridge, England

RAIMIUS wrote:

Helicopters like to instantly roll 90 degrees from machine gun fire...which really sucks when you are trying to use terrain to get away.
This is the most irritating thing ever and has received me many "gtfo noob pilot" comments lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard