Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5696|Toronto
Once a year might be too infrequent. I can't imagine going more than a couple of months without seeing my GF, and that's with talking everyday. You at least stand a chance if neither of you are jealous.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5331|Sydney

lxcpikiman wrote:

one question......in general

do long distance relationships work?
for those who are in one........how do you go on with it?
and for those who were....why didn't it work out?

I'm in a long distance relationship with a girl who i think it is the best i have ever met.....
we were together for 8 months but i had to come back and now we are still together albeit very far away....but i wonder if it's going to last...i hope i will

so do you believe in long distance relationships????
My brother's girlfriend lives in Thailand, he lives in Australia. They've been together three and a half years now. About as long distance as you can get...

I'm currently heading straight towards what looks like a long distance relationship, though she told me I can still see other girls in the meantime, before we officially label each other as girlfriend/boyfriend. We only met two weeks ago she lives in Sydney, I'm in Brisbane. We're already making xmas plans together with our respective parents. Sounds full on and we both know it but it feels completely right. It's weird but a good-weird

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-11-06 15:09:56)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6439|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Jaekus wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

I'm in a long distance relationship with a girl who i think it is the best i have ever met.....
we were together for 8 months but i had to come back and now we are still together albeit very far away....but i wonder if it's going to last...i hope i will

My brother's girlfriend lives in Thailand, they've been together three and a half years now. About as long distance as you can get...

I'm currently heading straight towards what looks like a long distance relationship, though she told me I can still see other girls in the meantime, before we officially label each other as girlfriend/boyfriend. We only met two weeks ago
Isn't that just an excuse so she can sleep with anyone she might meet and get pissed at you if you do the same?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney
No, she actually told me she doesn't want to see anyone else but is fine with me seeing other girls as we live in different cities and it's all so new anyway. She even sent me a message on Saturday night telling me to have fun and make sure I use protection, lol.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6812|BC, Canada

lxcpikiman wrote:

They can work, they suck, but they can work. It all depends on if you really think you will end up together or not. If so, its worth it to try. My wife and I were long distance for 7 months, before we were married, her in New Zealand, and myself in Canada. It was harsh, but it worked out in the end. I was also long distance with the girl I was with before that for a little bit, totally wasn't worth it.
FloppY_
­

Jaekus wrote:

No, she actually told me she doesn't want to see anyone else but is fine with me seeing other girls as we live in different cities and it's all so new anyway. She even sent me a message on Saturday night telling me to have fun and make sure I use protection, lol.

A girlfriend that sends you prostitutes when she isn't nearby...

Mother_of_god.jpg

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-06 15:23:28)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5696|Toronto

FloppY_ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Mother_of_god.jpg
Yeah, more like she's deeply insecure and doesn't want to talk about it so she jokes about it to seem cool with it.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
FloppY_
­

Pochsy wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Mother_of_god.jpg
Yeah, more like she's deeply insecure and doesn't want to talk about it so she jokes about it to seem cool with it.
pr­olly
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney

Pochsy wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Mother_of_god.jpg
None of the above.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6812|BC, Canada
Go for it Jaek, but don't be surprised if she gets pissed about it.
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney
I actually told her about this other girl I was into, she said that's fine as we're not in a relationship as we've only just met and basically how about we just see where this goes and if we meet other people then that's cool... but then said she's not really interested in meeting anyone else.

Anyway, you guys can be as cynical as you like, I'm done talking about it for now... in saying all this I'm not really interested in anyone else.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-11-06 15:37:35)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
it's not a relationship if you're fucking someone else, i'm sorry. it's psychologically unhealthy.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Jaekus wrote:

she doesn't want to see anyone else but is fine with me seeing other girls as we live in different cities and it's all so new anyway.
That's just messed up.
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney
Wow

We met two weeks ago.
We don't consider us being in a relationship, but it looks like it's heading that way.
In the meantime we've said we won't hold each other back if the other decides to see someone else.

How is this unhealthy?

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-11-06 18:01:58)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Will the other girl you're into know about all this, or is she just the other girl.
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney
Well not really, but I've been thinking the past few days we'll be nothing more than good friends anyway. We're going to Melbourne together this weekend so if anything happens my conscience is clear as technically I'm not in a relationship with either girl. But I really don't expect anything to happen at this stage. If something were to happen I'd tell her I think she's really cool (which is true) but I can't see a relationship with us working out (which is also true) and I want to maintain this friendship we have as it's important to me (again, also true).
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5627|Ventura, California
I have four close friends currently in long distance relationships. They all say it's hard and that it totally sucks.

On my end: still haven't gotten around to asking that girl at the store out.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6626|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Want her running for you?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Steal something   Srsly. Start with a "Hi!". Next time, "Hi again!" etc.
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney
I've done the long distance thing before. You can make it work. Flights are pretty cheap these days too, and it's only an hour in the air each way.
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney
Also, have you actually had a conversation with that girl? Bit of banter? Get any banter back?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5627|Ventura, California

Ultrafunkula wrote:

not sure what to say or how to go about asking her. I have an idea, but I only see her once a week and don't usually have a chance to talk to her. I don't know her at all, just said some small chat here and there but yeah she seems really kind and is definitely drop-dead gorgeous
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6869
one willy two girls how to proceed bf2s
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6302|'straya

Cybargs wrote:

You're going to need a Y-splitter.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6869

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

You're going to need a Y-splitter.

Last edited by Cybargs (2011-11-07 00:07:00)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5331|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

not sure what to say or how to go about asking her. I have an idea, but I only see her once a week and don't usually have a chance to talk to her. I don't know her at all, just said some small chat here and there but yeah she seems really kind and is definitely drop-dead gorgeous
How long has this been going on for?

Seriously, make a move or move on. Nothing is going to happen if you do nothing, and if you hesitate forever you're just wasting your own time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard