TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6667|Birmingham, UK
But it is changing. Anyone seen Killer 7 for GameCube? What about Project H.A.M.M.E.R. only for Wii?
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6689|Nova Scotia

[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov wrote:

Sony trumps all with the best selection of games, and when the games are on multiple consoles, Sony's comes out 1st.  I will buy a PS3, because I will not be able to wait 6 monthes for the next Grand Theft Auto to come out on another console, cause you know it will hit the PS3 1st. Also nintendo's games are usually for kids instead of adults and I don't think this will change any time soon.
All true points.  However, the games that come out for multiple systems are USUALLY better on the Xbox than the PS2 in one way or another (graphics, dolby sound, soundtracks, extra stuff (see the 6 month wait period?), etc)...
joey_915
+4|6623
my 360 seems to be working pretty fine. I had a problem with it with a couple rental games freezing but it was just the games(they were scratched up).
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6823|Great Brown North
ill get all 3 eventualy
[RTC]invaderzim69
+19|6599|newcastle australia
why not jiust spend the money on a computer. it would beat the shit out of all three systems! also for the people winging about game prices..... in australia 360 games on average cost $110, so stop whining about having to pay 70 euros for a game!

im done bitching now
SiMSaM16
+48|6736|United States of America
Plain and simple...

Compy > Any Console!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6716|Colorado
The problem here is you didn't wait a couple years for them to work all the bugs out like with the original xbox.
Early adapters always get screwed, & then again & again, take heart for your putting warm food on the table & clothes on baby gates.
The bottom line is that console systems are a dying breed, the more you play on the computer the less you want to do with that console unless it has a dvd.
Once their fault, twice your fault, 3 times?!WTF learn the lesson that 1st gen xbox360's are crap & get your money back.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-05-19 23:04:35)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6741
PS3 vs.s 360

PS3 Pros:

Better graphics on HDTV
Better library of games stretching down to PS
Able to hook up PSP
Larger hard drive
Uses Blu-Ray
Shouldn't have to be upgraded for 10 years if Microsoft stick with their plans

PS3 Cons:
Pricey
7 controllers, good or bad i guess
Microsoft is taking away exclusive rights
No rumble, but sensitivity thing

360 Pros:
Larger processor
Great games coming out
Xbox live

360 Cons:
Persuading ppl to buy 360 and Wii instead of PS3 (desperate)
Bugs
Small games due to only having DVD
Backwards compatibility isn't as smooth as PS3
controllers feel awkward for people with bigger hands

What's my verdict? PS3 all the way. What Mircrosft has shown over the past few weeks is desperation. Suddenly they want to add the HD DVD to the 360 yet claim they're cheaper and just as good as Sony. Asks Wii for support....hey, you're on your own and get used to it. Smaller games but with good graphics equals seven hours of repetitive gameplay. Jacked up prices for games that are just visually pleasing.

PS3 although pricey will be like a dvd player except Blu Ray player. So forget about the price for a second and think about the big picture. A lot of exlclusive rights were bribed away by 360 but here's where it's anyones arena:

When gaming producers find out whether the normal consumers likes to buy from 360 or PS3 they'll shift sides to the winner. They have no idea what the true potential of both are because developers are still in the old gen mind set. PS3 games have the ability to be 200 hours long or more on one disc...ok maybe 100 hours.

Either way, the only way 360 will win is if Microsoft does some more underhanded crap.
diglow~Flow
+32|6669|British Columbia, Canada

[RTC]invaderzim69 wrote:

why not jiust spend the money on a computer. it would beat the shit out of all three systems! also for the people winging about game prices..... in australia 360 games on average cost $110, so stop whining about having to pay 70 euros for a game!

im done bitching now
oh i am i spent already $1,500 on a computer so far and its not even DONE!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6667|Birmingham, UK

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

PS3 vs.s 360

PS3 Pros:

Better graphics on HDTV
Able to hook up PSP
Larger hard drive
Uses Blu-Ray

PS3 Cons:
Pricey
ye7 controllers, good or bad i guess

360 Pros:
Larger processor
Great games coming out
Xbox live

360 Cons:
Bugs

What's my verdict? PS3 all the way. What Mircrosft has shown over the past few weeks is desperation. Suddenly they want to add the HD DVD to the 360 yet claim they're cheaper and just as good as Sony. Asks Wii for support....hey, you're on your own and get used to it. Smaller games but with good graphics equals seven hours of repetitive gameplay. Jacked up prices for games that are just visually pleasing.

PS3 although pricey will be like a dvd player except Blu Ray player. So forget about the price for a second and think about the big picture. A lot of exlclusive rights were bribed away by 360 but here's where it's anyones arena:

When gaming producers find out whether the normal consumers likes to buy from 360 or PS3 they'll shift sides to the winner. They have no idea what the true potential of both are because developers are still in the old gen mind set. PS3 games have the ability to be 200 hours long or more on one disc...ok maybe 100 hours.

Either way, the only way 360 will win is if Microsoft does some more underhanded crap.
Lets take the other view on this, and write it another way:

PS3 vs.s 360

PS3 Pros:

Same graphics on HDTV (only on more expensive $600 version)
Better library of games stretching down to PS (apart from Halo and other great Xbox games)
Able to hook up PSP (who'd want to link to this piece of hyped up PalmPilot?)
Larger hard drive (depends)

PS3 Cons:
Pricey (Buy a Xbox360 and a Wii instead - or just the Wii and a lot of games and controllers)
7 controllers (why not eight?)
No rumble, but sensitivity thing (which is also useless and shows exasperation)
Uses Blu-Ray (I think, and so do many others, HD-DVD will win over Blu-Ray)
Won't be upgraded for 10 years
Being a PlayStation fanboy always following what the people tell you, never listening to sense...

360 Pros:
Larger processor
Great games coming out
Xbox live

360 Cons:
Persuading ppl to buy 360 and Wii instead of PS3 (obivously the second best - just the Wii is fine!)
Bugs (and the PS3 doesn't have?!?!?!?!)
Small games due to only having DVD (AHEM! Blu-Ray currently costs more per disc and only has about a 5GB advantage over HD-DVD - you wont even need to use this which means you are paying for nothing)
Backwards compatibility isn't as smooth as PS3 (what is it - a milkshake?)
controllers feel awkward for people with bigger hands (get the 'S' version which is now the standard for Xbox360!)

What's my verdict? Wii all the way. What Sony has shown over the past few weeks is desperation. Suddenly they want to add the motion sensors to the controller after finding out just how good the Wii's controller is. Sony getting sued http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/27/sony … ntrollers/ so they cant use rumble (what a load of use that'll be to the old games...). Smaller games but with good gameplay equals seven hours of repetitive good-looking gameplay (games are about how they play, not how they look!). Hightened prices for games that are only visually pleasing and from a company that never thinks for itself, only steals and brainwashes.

PS3 although pricey will be like a dvd player except a Blu-Ray plar. So forget about the price for a second and think about how rubbish the games will be, and how they are giving you a second-hand and inferior experience to the Xbox360 and the Wii.

When gaming producers find out whether the normal consumers likes to buy from 360 or PS3 they'll shift sides to the Wii. They have no idea what the true potential of both are because developers are loving the Wii. PS3 games have the ability to be 200 hours long or more on one disc...ok maybe 100 hours. And PS3 game have the ability to cost £500 ($1000).

Either way, the only way the PS3 will win is if Sony brainwashes people and the majority of people once again buy the most inferior console for the biggest price...
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6689|Nova Scotia
The difference between Blu Ray and HD DVD (dual layer) is 20G, not 5G.  And Elangbam has a great point with the fact that a Blu Ray DVD player is > $1000 (Cdn)  while the PS3 (BEING a blu ray dvd player) 660.
I wouldn't make a wager on who'll win the HD DVD vs Blu Ray battle yet, as they both have big names (a lot) on board.  It'll be a long expensive time before the dust settles on that one.
And don't expect the PS3 and Wii to be bug free.  Maybe not as bad as the first round of 360's, but there'll be issues for sure.
So yeah, if you've got a lot of money, and can't decide, buy a computer or the PS3 and 360.  I'll never suggest anyone buy the Wii until I play it.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6667|Birmingham, UK
Perhaps, but for 5GB more with Blu-Ray you are paying about £15 ($30) more! Paying for lost space...
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6689|Nova Scotia

Rygar wrote:

The difference between Blu Ray and HD DVD (dual layer) is 20G, not 5G.
Are you being paid by Nintendo?
The_Movielife
+2|6595|Lincolnshire, UK

TheDarkRaven wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

PS3 vs.s 360

PS3 Pros:

Better graphics on HDTV
Able to hook up PSP
Larger hard drive
Uses Blu-Ray

PS3 Cons:
Pricey
ye7 controllers, good or bad i guess

360 Pros:
Larger processor
Great games coming out
Xbox live

360 Cons:
Bugs

Lets take the other view on this, and write it another way:

PS3 vs.s 360

PS3 Pros:

Same graphics on HDTV (only on more expensive $600 version)
Better library of games stretching down to PS (apart from Halo and other great Xbox games)
Able to hook up PSP (who'd want to link to this piece of hyped up PalmPilot?)
Larger hard drive (depends)

PS3 Cons:
Pricey (Buy a Xbox360 and a Wii instead - or just the Wii and a lot of games and controllers)
7 controllers (why not eight?)
No rumble, but sensitivity thing (which is also useless and shows exasperation)
Uses Blu-Ray (I think, and so do many others, HD-DVD will win over Blu-Ray)
Won't be upgraded for 10 years
Being a PlayStation fanboy always following what the people tell you, never listening to sense...

360 Pros:
Larger processor
Great games coming out
Xbox live

360 Cons:
Persuading ppl to buy 360 and Wii instead of PS3 (obivously the second best - just the Wii is fine!)
Bugs (and the PS3 doesn't have?!?!?!?!)
Small games due to only having DVD (AHEM! Blu-Ray currently costs more per disc and only has about a 5GB advantage over HD-DVD - you wont even need to use this which means you are paying for nothing)
Backwards compatibility isn't as smooth as PS3 (what is it - a milkshake?)
controllers feel awkward for people with bigger hands (get the 'S' version which is now the standard for Xbox360!)

What's my verdict? Wii all the way. What Sony has shown over the past few weeks is desperation. Suddenly they want to add the motion sensors to the controller after finding out just how good the Wii's controller is. Sony getting sued http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/27/sony … ntrollers/ so they cant use rumble (what a load of use that'll be to the old games...). Smaller games but with good gameplay equals seven hours of repetitive good-looking gameplay (games are about how they play, not how they look!). Hightened prices for games that are only visually pleasing and from a company that never thinks for itself, only steals and brainwashes.

PS3 although pricey will be like a dvd player except a Blu-Ray plar. So forget about the price for a second and think about how rubbish the games will be, and how they are giving you a second-hand and inferior experience to the Xbox360 and the Wii.

When gaming producers find out whether the normal consumers likes to buy from 360 or PS3 they'll shift sides to the Wii. They have no idea what the true potential of both are because developers are loving the Wii. PS3 games have the ability to be 200 hours long or more on one disc...ok maybe 100 hours. And PS3 game have the ability to cost £500 ($1000).

Either way, the only way the PS3 will win is if Sony brainwashes people and the majority of people once again buy the most inferior console for the biggest price...
XBOX LIVE...sony havnt got anything (as far as im aware of) compared to that! download movies soon to be!, songs aswell, arcade, friends list, patches, new maps, text messaging, voice messaging, mesaging between pc and xbox, ipod connection, and a thriving community and so forth

also microsoft have had a year head start but this link: http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/709/709495p1.html

shows some bad rumblings for sony!!!

my xbox is perfct, couldnt be happier mate, unlucky yours broke! (i wont be getting a ps3)
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6835|Jupiter

[DEI]Bart wrote:

Wii>PS3>xbox

Wii is the best because of the funny comtroller
Yea boi!
Breadman
+27|6776|Southern New Jersey
Yea you just got your Wii and the latest version of Madden football. So with the new controler you can use it  to pass just like with a real football. But your stupid ass forgets that it's not a real football. You go nuts after scoring a touchdown and spike the controler on to your concrete basement floor. Priceless!!! I can imagine how many asshats are going to trash that new Wii controler.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-05-20 17:20:22)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6705|USA

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

Wait till Halo 3 comes out then X360's will be selling like MAD!
They better beef it up from Halo 1 & 2. As much as the gaming community sucked Halo's dong for 2 years, overall, it was a 5/10 compared to other FPS. Great graphics......yay

Sony>Microsoft

Nintendo = Atari/Tiger
Both Halo's scored over 9 on gamespot... what are you talking about 5/10? If a game is mediocre it will NOT get the marks the Halo series has obtained. Halo 2's multiplayer is just as fun as BF2 and it is almost 3 years old... that says something.

And the biggest reason Microsoft has the upper-hand in the long run is because of the Xbox live service, which Sony now only plans to implement. Xbox live has been in service since the first xbox in 2001. Xbox Live is probably the most reliable online service for gaming I have ever come across, not to mention it's very cheap. For Sony, it might seem too-little, too-late.
5/10 in my opinion. I know the reviews. I know the awards.
Overall, it is a beautiful game. And a very linear FPS. Nothing groundbreaking. 

XBOX=HALO

And when that one game doesn't tickle your fancy....well

# PS2 quality games > # XBOX quality games

Im curious to see how it goes nex-gen.

XBOX360 games haven't impressed me at all thus far.
RedEyes-CAD
+1|6755|Arizona
Comps pwn consoles in all circumstances.  Do not argue the fact that consoles suck compared to the awesomeness of comps.

END
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6815|PNW

No 1 Gooner wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

PS3 > X360........as usual.....
Who mentioned the PS3? i didnt....
Though I avoid consoles at all costs, the PS3 owns the X360.
The_Movielife
+2|6595|Lincolnshire, UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No 1 Gooner wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

PS3 > X360........as usual.....
Who mentioned the PS3? i didnt....
Though I avoid consoles at all costs, the PS3 owns the X360.
playstations are prone to breaking aswell, my friend got a ps2 and a year later, BANG herpies, er ... i mean it broke! we took it apart and after bout a month, it worked again!

(family guy fo you)

microsoft have made huge loses and when a xbox does get abused and manages to break microsoft pay adelivery co. to come out, pick it up and then straight back to thehouse door all within 3 days!

i would like to see a society set up to make awarenes levels higher on abused xboxs...something like abused xbox awareness carity (AXAC) ???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard