FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Pubic wrote:

I'd give it the BC2 spawn/squad interface and server browser.  This web stuff is a POS.

There are also way too many unlocks/awards.  You unlock a scope, it should be unlocked for all guns etc.  Standard rails are standard.
The BC2 server browser is shit
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
i kinda like server browser. now if origin didnt have to tell me i was loading bf3 every time
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
BVC
+325|6694

FloppY_ wrote:

Why?  It works, and the interface is easy enough to use.  The web system is buggy as hell, and represents another layer of stuff which can go wrong.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

I agree, the unlock system is messed up, there's no way you can remember what you have and for which weapon. It gets to the stage where you just can't be bothered navigating your way through the menus so you don't bother with unlocks and add-ons. See it'd be okay if the unlock system was as overcomplicated as it is if there was a decent menu system to go with it, but there's not, the menu system just complicates things further.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6589|Your attic

Ty wrote:

I agree, the unlock system is messed up, there's no way you can remember what you have and for which weapon. It gets to the stage where you just can't be bothered navigating your way through the menus so you don't bother with unlocks and add-ons. See it'd be okay if the unlock system was as overcomplicated as it is if there was a decent menu system to go with it, but there's not, the menu system just complicates things further.
I actually disagree, there are only a large amount of different scopes and I find once you find one that you're comfortable with (if you don't like the iron sights of a particular weapon) you tend to stick with it, there are some which I've tried and find useless but friends of mine find fantastic, it's nice that we have the option.

However I do find the vehicle unlocks to be a pain, I have most of the meaningful ones now as they are all thankfully reasonably easy to get but I could imagine someone picking this game up in a few months time would feel pretty awful when he can't even deploy flares against teams of people with AA up the wazoo. Though even more annoying is that a lot of the later unlocks, I'm looking at you guided missiles (jet), are pretty lacklustre for the effort required to obtain them.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Pubic wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Why?  It works, and the interface is easy enough to use.  The web system is buggy as hell, and represents another layer of stuff which can go wrong.
It doesn't work! Most of the servers that are up and running show up as offline, it can only tell you ping half of the time and it shows outdated information like playercount and other server info...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

People are complaining quite a bit about the WebUI. Personally, I love the hell out of it. You know why?

A) http://userstyles.org/styles/55505
B) http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/116535
C) http://www.coderah.com/?page_id=389

With the UI in a webpage, crafty people like me can go and UPGRADE the UI. That's bad ass. Up to me? I'd have put MORE of the game ui in web-based formats...
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

I like it also, they were never good at the in game menus anyway. Far more flexible.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
I actually havent encountered any of the issues people are having with the browser base. I actually kinda like it. Having 2 programs up before you can even play can be a bit of a pain, but everything is so well integrated.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
it bleeps a lot
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6438|Brisbane, Australia

FloppY_ wrote:

Pubic wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

It doesn't work! Most of the servers that are up and running show up as offline, it can only tell you ping half of the time and it shows outdated information like playercount and other server info...
Yeh what the hell, the BC2 browser is and was a giant piece of shit that hardly works. Battelog is great and far better than any earlier battlefield games implementation. I dont know why everyone hates it so much - as Chuy said, if something isnt there or is broken it can be easily fixed. Auto-join was missing, now it isnt because someone coded up a modification.

You can change settings when you are dead - press Esc on the spawn menu. I havent even noticed origin since I installed it. It just opens (minimized to the tray) when windows starts and I just go to battlelog when I want to start the game.

Compared to the previous games in the series, BF3 has been much smoother sailing at least from my perspective. Only things that have really annoyed me are the default to uncap when person/beacon you spawn on dies/gets destroyed and that on the larger maps there isnt enough vehicles at the start of the round for everyone to get in one.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Yeh what the hell, the BC2 browser is and was a giant piece of shit that hardly works. Battelog is great and far better than any earlier battlefield games implementation. I dont know why everyone hates it so much - as Chuy said, if something isnt there or is broken it can be easily fixed. Auto-join was missing, now it isnt because someone coded up a modification.

You can change settings when you are dead - press Esc on the spawn menu. I havent even noticed origin since I installed it. It just opens (minimized to the tray) when windows starts and I just go to battlelog when I want to start the game.

Compared to the previous games in the series, BF3 has been much smoother sailing at least from my perspective. Only things that have really annoyed me are the default to uncap when person/beacon you spawn on dies/gets destroyed and that on the larger maps there isnt enough vehicles at the start of the round for everyone to get in one.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
On Xbox 360

-Give us a commo rose. Let us access it via tapping select and 'fire' to select whichever of the options we highlight. I still can't figure out how to request ammo/transport/medic.
-Rear-view mode similar to 'F11' button view from BF2/2142 when in a vehicle.
-Keep the weapons as they are, they're just fine and nobody wants all guns to be broken within a year from patches.
-6 man squads, spawn on any squad member
-No killcam, 15 second revive time (seems like 10 then dead for 5 seconds before respawn.)
-Aircraft can fly at any height
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6825|Lithuania

Finray wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

120 player servers
Fuck no, I hated playing anything above 32 on BF2.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Finray wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

120 player servers
Fuck no, I hated playing anything above 32 on BF2.
Is that something away from you guys if there was 120 player servers?
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
120 player operation metro.....
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Roc18 wrote:

Hooray!

============================ wrists

Note, two cuts along the highway. One scratch across the street would not suffice.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6438|Brisbane, Australia

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Hooray!

============================ wrists

Note, two cuts along the highway. One scratch across the street would not suffice.
Would join that server faster than I could select extended mags and IRNV scope on my M249.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6713|US
Bring back in-squad VOIP!

Sure, I like being able to talk with friends in my party, but it is annoying as hell ONLY being able to talk to them. 
During the height of BF2, we would run into other clans and coordinate squad movements via the commander.

...speaking of...a commander function would be nice.  Right now, the "teamwork" is based off party chat, REALLY obnoxious typing, or silently following people around.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

the party function and joining friends' games are the only part i like about the web browser.  Both of those could just as easily be done in a steam(origin)/in-game sort of way
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia

-Sh1fty- wrote:

On Xbox 360

-Give us a commo rose. Let us access it via tapping select and 'fire' to select whichever of the options we highlight. I still can't figure out how to request ammo/transport/medic.
You need to put your crosshairs over the player/vehicle and spot. At least, that's how it works for the PC. Although you can request transport through the commo rose, you can only ask for ammo/meds through the old BC2 'spot the friendly' system.
Which is horseshit, as it doesn't work more often then not and when it does work, it doesn't seem to display much of an indication that you need assistance - rarely do my teammates throw down their packs. We need the BF2 request system back: while aiming anywhere at all, you can request a medic and all medics show up on your radar and you show up on the radar of all medics.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
You already need to place the crosshair over the target and hit select to spot an enemy. Simply make it a commo-rose with the default one being "spot" and you can hit select and fire in under a second. It's not much longer, and you're going to have to shoot the guy anyways with the fire key after you spot him 90% of the time.

We need a Joint Operation Typhoon Rising system. Have an arrow on the corner of the screen + a box around the character's dot on the minimap whenever they request something. In BF3 there's a medic icon above wounded people but it's too subtle and I've yet to see a "need ammo" box icon.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
Make the fucking jets invincible to damage when they are on the ground.

I cannot describe how many fuckin lowlife assholes who would not last 2 seconds in a admin-moderated PC server dominate the skies on the console.  Fuckers should be removed from live service.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
There really needs to be a key to shut off the 3D map. Like there was in BF2. Not be able to tone down this visual noise is a huge dissatisfaction. The distracting lights that overlay the intense battle only serve to distract me and strain my eyes faster, sending me to press alt-f4 as I die for the last relentless time.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Jets are ridiculously easy to rape with. Same with choppers, especially on Rush maps where the players are in a concentrated area.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard