{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6848|Toronto, Canada

weigt wrote:

i know, im not meaning to be a jerk... its all in good fun

I do the same thing to Canadians that say aboot and eh
You have a problem when we say aboot, eh?

Although I might quite possibly kill anyone who actually speaks like certain sterotypes say they do.
weigt
+0|6780|USA
yeah its all good i'll hold back im sure i say a few funny things too... and for all you southies its Soda not Coke damnit... LOL
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6794

weigt wrote:

i know, im not meaning to be a jerk... its all in good fun

I do the same thing to Canadians that say aboot and eh
YEH EH, WE CUHNAYDEUYUNS DO TULK FUNNEE EH?
[clears throat]
nowis'a spek newfanese fur ya, sees ifyas can decifer me's newfanese!
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6848|Toronto, Canada

weigt wrote:

yeah its all good i'll hold back im sure i say a few funny things too... and for all you southies its Soda not Coke damnit... LOL
Thats another weird one.......its soda pop.....americans say soda, canadians say pop. For the most part on both of these, but still strange.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6779|Atlanta, GA USA
Where I grew up, we called everything Coke.  It didn't matter if it was actually Coke or Pepsi...
weigt
+0|6780|USA
Yeah i picked that up when i was in the Corps id say i was going to get a drink one of my guys from like LA or TX would be all get me one... id ask what they wanted they would say a coke so id bring them back a COKE.. then they would get all pissed saying they wanted like Dr. Pepper or something... finally after about the 5th time the got wise and started saying exactly what they wanted.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6794
Your going to hate me, well, by the end of the post you will.  I saw this thread and thought I'd see what all the hoohah was about, and I was inclined to agree with you guys until 5 minutes ago...  I mean I thought getting veteran knife would be near impossible, as I barely got the basic one before, but now, Im thinking its really easy to get knife kills.

Reason being I got 7 in 5 minutes.  Yes your going to hate me !  I thought I'd give it a go, see if I could get it and, yeah, I did.

How you ask? Strike at Karkand.  The first base in and with a UAV going.  Wait down the side street furthest away from the American incursion, nearest the second MEC base and wait.  when you see them heading towards the base, run around the two corners and just click repeatedly until badge is earned.  They dont really tend to watch their backs and there are lots of chances to get ladder kills. I got about 8 in the end, I didnt count, and I used the MEC Support Kit, with the RPK.

Good luck to those who still need it.
morbesso666
+0|6771|Givataim, Israel
It's COCA COLA!!! And it rocks!
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6770|Austin TX
in tx we say soda and coke.  YALL would get laughed at for saying pop here. not that i care.  we do say YALL, witch sounds silly to you yanks...so its all the same.

go astros!

Last edited by Kr3G (2005-10-26 15:12:45)

Michael82
+4|6789|Copenhagen, Denmark
The way i got my pistol badge was actually quite brilliant (if i say so myself).

Take the sniper, use M95. Shoot someone, if you hit head, you get a kill (yay), if u hit body, the guy needs one or two hits with pistol. I even "sniped" people with pistol .

They knife badge i've just started to work on. I'll prolly do it as spec op when im hunting for the enemies UAV / SCAN / Arty.
lowyaukee
+2|6842
Eventaully, Having Tried For Almost One Month, I Have Just Got The Knife Combat Badge!

Just Made It Before The Ticket Went Donw To 0.

I'm Very Excited Right Now.

Cheers!!!!!!
lowyaukee
+2|6842
Forget to mention that I've got it at a 64 Sharqi Pennisular map.

ENJOY!
thinner44
+1|6817

lowyaukee wrote:

Eventaully, Having Tried For Almost One Month, I Have Just Got The Knife Combat Badge!

Cheers!!!!!!
Congrats' . I'm not quite ready to go for it yet. I keep eyeing up the pistol and knife basic badges, but I've heard they're very hard to get.

Cheers for the info on which map though, that's a help
lowyaukee
+2|6842

thinner44 wrote:

lowyaukee wrote:

Cheers!!!!!!
Congrats' . I'm not quite ready to go for it yet. I keep eyeing up the pistol and knife basic badges, but I've heard they're very hard to get.

Cheers for the info on which map though, that's a help
Thanks a lot.  I'm still very high.  You will understand why I'm so excited when you look at my stats.  It has been almost 5.5 hours in using the knife and killed 180 by knife.  When I first tried to get the knife combat badge, I only used the knife for a few minutes and killed 3x by knife.

For those who are still working on the knife combat badge.  Here are a few additional tips: -

-  You must be very patient.  Waiting for your solitary enemy.  Hide away from the crowds. 
-  Don't panic when your enemy finds you. Run away.
-  Be a Special Op, his sprint is longer and has armour.  I think it's better than a medic.

Hope these are helpful.
morbesso666
+0|6771|Givataim, Israel
rednecks = indians?
lowyaukee
+2|6842
I will always remember the feeling when I got the badge!

https://www2.hkedcity.net/citizen_files/aa/ka/ly698888/myresources/200402/136164/Vetran_Knife_Combat.jpg

Enjoy!
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6795
The only way I got them was by finding a knife, Pistol and Revive only server.
And you weren't allowed to captures any bases.

https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/awards.jpg
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

redfoxster wrote:

OK, here's my list of tips for knife and pistol badges:

1) SHARQI PENINSULA - this map is loaded with lots of cover, the best thing to do, is go to the buildings that are under construction when the enemy controls it and then kind of chill outside the east wall of the east building, the one with the flag, and watch for people to spawn, nobody ever heads east, and nobody is ever naturally lookign that way, when they do spawn, run up and knife them, ive gotten 17 in a round when Iw as trying, just stay out of the open.
Aint this spawn camping?

I think the best way, fearly its Karkand first flag being Mec waiting for Us to appear at the patio with crates, being engineer or support.  U wont sprint fast but gets more shots killing u.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

Scootering_Scoot wrote:

The only way I got them was by finding a knife, Pistol and Revive only server.
And you weren't allowed to captures any bases.

http://bf2s.com/player/45960455/sig.png
http://bf2s.com/player/45960455/awards.jpg
This is forbidden by EA.  In fact all these sites have been closed cos thats stat padding.
weigt
+0|6780|USA

morbesso666 wrote:

rednecks = indians?
No Indians would be redskins but that is derogatory so we dont use it anymore... Rednecks is well there are so many ways to say it. Most of them offensive to those south of the Mason dixon line...
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6801

weigt wrote:

morbesso666 wrote:

rednecks = indians?
No Indians would be redskins but that is derogatory so we dont use it anymore... Rednecks is well there are so many ways to say it. Most of them offensive to those south of the Mason dixon line...
The theory is that people in the south spend too much time in the sun (farming, sports, intimate relations with animals, etc) and as such, their necks are all sun burned red.  Hence, "red-neck".  I think that's it anyway.
cat4ever
+69|6761|CATALONIA
u have to play as a medic for the knife, so u can heal yourself and for pistol enginier.
if u are lucky u can find knife and pistols server, than it'll be easier to u to earn this badges
weigt
+0|6780|USA

cat4ever wrote:

u have to play as a medic for the knife, so u can heal yourself and for pistol enginier.
if u are lucky u can find knife and pistols server, than it'll be easier to u to earn this badges
its been said a million times Knife and Pistol servers will get your stats reset and or Banned account...
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6761|Norway
i was so close to get the expert pistol badge. 32 pistol kills in ONE round, but medics revives and kits are changed...i HATE that changing kits when you rae revived bug!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard