Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6667|Washington, DC

Nyte starts boasting about his skills, dont_be_ss and Tahadar talk about their sklls, and suddenly people are on the Sniper kit faster than people in CS go for the AWP or autosnipers. So why are people all obsessed with the kit?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6798

Because it is easier IMO
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6727|The Netherlands
Because it's a very diffenent playing style than any other kit, I guess people get bored of normal weapons and therefor play as sniper.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6770|Singapore
Did anyone try the sniper kit using cs style?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6807|AUS, Canberra
becuase its fun.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6660|Birmingham, UK
Because you have a ghillie suit!
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6669|USA
because you look like a wookie
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6660|Birmingham, UK

Naughty_Om wrote:

because you look like a wookie
Isn't that Chinese army snipers only?
SiMSaM16
+48|6730|United States of America
The L96A1 owns...
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6688
Erm, i've always been into sniping and fast play. I tend to alternate between them.

For example, in CS i'd play with the AK47/M4+Deagle combo religiously and occasionally played as a sniper using the scount. (to piss off awp whores)

In Operation Flashpoint (all hail!) I loved playing as a sniper because it was the most challenging of roles in the game, along with special ops etc. It has VERY realistic bullet physics, so the SVD with its chevrons is the best sniper rifle in OFP.

And when it comes to BF2 while I do probably play more as a sniper i'll quite hapilly play as spec ops, medic etc.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6783|The United Center
well, i have expert badges for everything except assault and sniper so those are the only two kits i play with now.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6693|Devil's Perch
I've been playing this game for a while now, so please forgive my ignorance, but I don't see a "new obsession" for the sniper kit. There was a short time period of obsession after 1.2, when everyone spammed claymores all over the place and played around with the L96A1, but I didn't see more snipers on the servers I play than there have been ever since.

--
Edit: typo

Last edited by AmbassadorofPain (2006-05-20 08:17:16)

Proud member of a dead community.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6662|Britain and Damn proud of it!
I play Sniper for the sheer fun of it, its great, you can see everything that is going on around you if your in a good spot, plus you get to take out all the plane/heli whores if your near a enemy airfield, at which point they start swearing at you E.t.c

But no, i have not seen a massive increase of the sniper kit, in most servers i go in there are usually 5-8 snipers per team.
McCullough
+7|6875
Because the snipers are the coolest soldiers on earth and everybode wants to be one!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6798

McCullough wrote:

Because the snipers are the coolest soldiers on earth and everybode wants to be one!
Actually, I had more fun being a spotter.
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6765|USA
IMO people think its eaisier to get kills as a sniper. IE: you dnt need to be in the heat of battle to kill someone.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6748|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
I think the reason people go on about the sniper kit is because of the fact that its so different to play with and requires much more skill to be really good with. Sure anyone can just pick it up and piss people off by getting the occasional long range kill, but to really use the kit effectively, to be able to consistantly make first round kills beyond 200m and finally (and surely most importantly) to really make a difference to your team, you need to be pretty skilled.

The same elitism can be found in real life, Snipers live in a secretive world which is so close and yet so far away from the world of other soldiers, they learn the same skills and take them to extremes that other soldiers wouldn't even think about. Real snipers are taught to avoid elitism and to treat other soldiers as equals, spotty little 12 year olds from Toronto aren't quite so humble
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6745|Charlie One Alpha
If anything, there's a sniper obsession on these forums. It seems all we ever talk about is sniping.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6798

I joined a squad once that had three snipers in it, I could not stop laughing, then I could not stop flaming them.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6748|'Ull, Yorkshire, England

usmarine2005 wrote:

I joined a squad once that had three snipers in it, I could not stop laughing, then I could not stop flaming them.
What possible reason could you have for flaming them? If thats the way they want to play then let them. Some people just have nothing better to do.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6798

=FDX=VEga wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

What possible reason could you have for flaming them? If thats the way they want to play then let them. Some people just have nothing better to do.
Because there were no more squads left, they were all full, max squads created........We could have used another squad to capture flags instead of these three dildos yelling over voip....."did you see that headshot?"......"I am 1337 sniper"......."Pwned"....etc etc etc.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6745|Charlie One Alpha
While the number of snipers ingame hasn't really increased that much in my opinion, it does seem everyone on these forums is obsessed with snipers. We got people bragging how good they are at sniping, we got people complaining about snipers, we got people saying snipers are useless, we got sniper videos all over the place. Every third thread seems to be a sniper thread. People who are new here are under the impression that this entire game consists of jets and snipers alone, seeing as how that's all we ever talk about.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Viper38
+118|6706
I've been playing as a sniper for so long now that I've forgotten how to fight in any other style. As Nyte has written on many occassions, the place for a sniper is in the front line and aggressive fighting based around dexterous claymore laying is truly an art form in BF2
ssonrats
+221|6681

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Because you have a ghillie suit!
Exactly.
ssonrats
+221|6681
People try the sniper kit because the other kits offer similar roles on the battlefield - kill, cap flag, heal, kill, cap flag etc. The sniper kit is totally different, so unique in many ways and such a nice feeling those crisp headshots in the morning, aahhh.

There are more sniper videos than any other because people say something like this: 'i liked that vid can we have another' and people want to know how to achieve good scores, good kills and so on.

Sniping is art compared to the other brute classes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard