RossDargan
+2|6576
Has anyone managed to get and X-Fi card working on Vista in Battlefield 2? Im a bit stumped!

Thanks!
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6701|The Netherlands
You even got Vista? Guess the chance it's not compatible yet is quite big since it's not out officially, it's only a beta you are running...
RossDargan
+2|6576
Long story - its a legit copy, and I cant get xp to install - bf2 is working perfectly apart from this!
Breadman
+27|6744|Southern New Jersey
I Haven't been able to get my audigy 4 to work right with My beta copy Vista. Only will work in 2 channel mode and BF2 plays like shit on Vista for me. If you know someone who has a MSN Developer License you can get Vista. Or If you get it from a torrent,limewire or other sharing programs. Years back I got a Dev License for free at Microsoft clinic held at local hotel. When microsoft was having  Developer clinics for XP before XP's release. Everyone who attended it got a free developer copy of XP Pro and a MSN Developer License. Plus the Dev license I got that day doesn't expire.

Few years later I attended a VS.Net 2003 clinic at same place and they gave out free copies of VS.Net 2003 Pro. I've gone to 4 Microsoft Dev clinics so far. A few months Before Vista release they will have a developer clinic for Vista. I'll be there sitting in the back watching and listening to my Ipod. At the end they will probly give out free Dev copies of Vista. Microsoft sends me emails and letters in mail to my house about up and coming events in my area. Some are free to attend and others you have to play for. 3 I have gone to where free and the VS.Net one cost me 150 bucks but it was worth it. Cause full version of VS.Net 2003 Pro was 700+ bucks. And I sold it on ebay for  half price.

The catch to getting the free stuff is you have to stay there for whole program. The Microsoft clinics can be 1 or 2 days maybe 3 days like the VS.Net one was. Then when it's over they hand out packages with freebies in it. There's nothing like getting  free stuff and software from Microsoft.  Microsoft sends me all kinds of shit in the mail. Free trail softare,beta software,t-shirts,discount coupons for training and other stupid shit. Plus you have access to the MSN Dev download area on Microsoft's site.. Where you can dl all kinds of programs.

Did you try using the XP Pro 64 driver? Problem I have is I have no SB console for speaker setting,eax or other sb console stuff.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-05-20 08:43:43)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6464|The Twilight Zone
There are new X-FI beta drivers on Creative's website. They work for me.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Axon
Jet Whore
+107|6508
Omg Thread revive!!!

/lock
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6464|The Twilight Zone

Axon wrote:

Omg Thread revive!!!

/lock