RossDargan
+2|6576
Hi

I have just built a new pc and am now having a few problems!

Firstly I can not install windows xp, xp sp1, or 2003 - so I have had to install Vista Beta 1 - very strange!

Anyway, everything is working nicely (and oc'd my processor by 1ghz!!)

I have installed the latest beta drivers for the X-FI card, and the latest ati drivers (I have a new x1900xtx)

so... two problems

Firstly BF2 does not recognize the X-FI card - it says my hardware does not support this configuration - I can live with this though

Secondly my screen has a square in the top right hand corner that fades from black to white then back again quite quickly - seen screen shot for example. I do have my video settings up to highest - so i will try knocking them back but I would rather have them on highest!!! [FIXED!!!]

https://static.flickr.com/49/149744445_5cedf2eeb6_b.jpg

Any clues as to how to fix either of the problems would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by RossDargan (2006-05-20 07:18:25)

RossDargan
+2|6576
...Just tested it on lowest settings - same again, screen shot below - interestingly things do overlay the screwed up part!
https://static.flickr.com/45/149747753_7675471315_o.jpg
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6724|Norway
Vista Beta
OC'ed CPU
beta drivers

This poor, poor game doesn't take well to anything other than "mainstream" as far as I have concluded..

About the X-Fi card. do remember to set it to Game Mode before launching BF2..

Why on earth can't you install XP?
RossDargan
+2|6576

Friluftshund wrote:

Vista Beta
OC'ed CPU
beta drivers

This poor, poor game doesn't take well to anything other than "mainstream" as far as I have concluded..

Game mode... well there wasnt an app installed with the beta drivers so Ill see what I can find for that/

Thanks for the advice +1!

Xp wont install - not really sure why just get to a point where it says "Setup is waiting to start windows" or something like that and freezes! - same regardless of Sata or Pata drive! strange!

Vista is quite nice though - growing to like it!
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6643|Derby, England

RossDargan wrote:

Friluftshund wrote:

Vista Beta
OC'ed CPU
beta drivers

Game mode... well there wasnt an app installed with the beta drivers so Ill see what I can find for that/

Thanks for the advice +1!

Xp wont install - not really sure why just get to a point where it says "Setup is waiting to start windows" or something like that and freezes! - same regardless of Sata or Pata drive! strange!

Vista is quite nice though - growing to like it!
Do you have sum sort of firewall or any antipopups enabled? ( that looks like to me Back ground program ruining )

And it's interfering with game

Peace Boris
RossDargan
+2|6576

Friluftshund wrote:

Vista Beta
OC'ed CPU
beta drivers

Ok - I tried the following

Installing Beta drivers + nothing else --> message in bf2 saying "your hardware is not supported for xfi blah"
Installing the creative cd (assumes it installs xp drivers) --> select the x-fi in bf2 but the game hangs the second I click apply - can still move mouse but music stops and background vid stops
then I installed the beta drivers again - same prob as before

In better news the square has vanished!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard