Valentinas_M4
+16|6698|Ireland
Well the admin keep armor whoring on warlord ....i  keep dieing dieing .. keep dieing until i  be an Anti-tank i pwned admin with RPG-7 while he in a vehicle or on foot i had 60 kills and 25 deaths  ....

KICKING !!! _TPC_ Valentinas_M4 for RPG-7 whoring ...

Last edited by Valentinas_M4 (2006-05-20 05:59:29)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6699|The View From The Afternoon
I agree with the admin. Its feckin annoying to get blown away with the RPG (or as well the SRAW or ERYX etc) when you're on foot expecting clean combat.

As quoted from UBAR "If you run into someone that is firing bullets at you, answer with bullets, its very unsportsmanlike to then blow the other guy away with the grenade launcher."

Why is it so hard to use the AT on veichles and the guns against infantry?
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6697|Teesside, UK

CruZ4dR wrote:

depends how far away you are.  Some of the AT guns are close range weapons and don't stand a chance against some of the other classes.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2006-05-20 06:14:51)

DSRTurtle
+56|6728
There's nothing wrong with pwning him with the RPG-7.  There is no such thing as a fair fight.  Kill the guy before he does unto you.  The admin was abusing his power.
Longbow
+163|6689|Odessa, Ukraine
Yes , It is annoying , but admin shouldn't kick him for this . It is a game , yep , but it describes a war , and when you are at war  all methods are ok . Admin is bitch , nuff to add.

Last edited by Longbow (2006-05-20 06:23:59)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

crimson_grunt wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

depends how far away you are.  Some of the AT guns are close range weapons and don't stand a chance against some of the other classes.
Actually i doubt that he used the RPG to shoot the admin at long range. As most people know, the RPG drops rapidly in air, therefore making it almost impossible to kill infantry on long range. I suggest you use the gun instead.

And btw.

I think there is such a thing as a fair war. And this is just a game.
Do what you will, but you will never gain my respect for killing with AT rockets in close combat.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6752|Charlie One Alpha

CruZ4dR wrote:

crimson_grunt wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Actually i doubt that he used the RPG to shoot the admin at long range. As most people know, the RPG drops rapidly in air, therefore making it almost impossible to kill infantry on long range. I suggest you use the gun instead.

And btw.

Do what you will, but you will never gain my respect for killing with AT rockets in close combat.
So if you're in a tank and someone shoots at you with his pistol, you should get out and use your pistol too?
Bollocks. The RPG-7 is there to kill stuff, just like every other weapon.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6809|UK
You are in the right, if he cant kill you when your using rockets hes a complete and uter noob and thus is probably why he kicked you. Dont worry it happens to everyone, some people just abuse power.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6620|Florida

LaidBackNinja wrote:

So if you're in a tank and someone shoots at you with his pistol, you should get out and use your pistol too?
ha ha
Breadman
+27|6776|Southern New Jersey
There's nothing wrong with using anti-tank (RPG-7,sraw or eryx)on people besides armor. In real life Anti-tank rockets are used to kill people all the time. It's just some players can stand getting pwned by anti-tank rockets. Shit chopper guys use rockets all the time to kill guys. They will use 8 rockets just to kill 1 guy running on foot or capping a flag.  Weapons are made for killing people. In real life would you yell to the enemy, Hay it's unsportsmanlike to be using that RPG on infantry personal!!!! As you are standing there yelling it to them. Enemy guy would shoot a rocket up your ass for their reply. There's nothing in BF2 that somebody doesn't whine about. In the real world combat is not clean. Some armies will take whatever steps need to win the war. If you want clean combat you need to go back in time. To the days when armies would stand across from each other in a open field and do battle.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-05-20 06:40:51)

Metamort
+19|6727

CruZ4dR wrote:

I agree with the admin. Its feckin annoying to get blown away with the RPG (or as well the SRAW or ERYX etc) when you're on foot expecting clean combat.

As quoted from UBAR "If you run into someone that is firing bullets at you, answer with bullets, its very unsportsmanlike to then blow the other guy away with the grenade launcher."

I disagree. Why just sit there and spam 12 useless DAO shells at a target 35m away and just let him kill you (If he's even a decent shot he'll hit you if you run at him, lets just say for the scenario's sake)? Sportsmanlike? I guess. Practical? No. Pull out that ERYX or SRAW and blow him away, thinks he's so cool with that little assault rifle

I remember one time a friend and I were fighting on Wake, we both ran out of ammo with the primary gun. I pulled out my pistol and he pulled out the SRAW. I was laughing as I was blown away helplessly.

It may be annoying, but at least it takes more skill than a gaymore. And most admins don't kick for gaymore whoring. In close range (or long range, really) the rocket goes slower than bullets, you can often just hop to the side and it will miss you. Or strafe. With the RPG-7, you don't even have to hop, because it goes straight, and they can't guide it. Just sidestep.

Last edited by Metamort (2006-05-20 06:42:57)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

LaidBackNinja wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

crimson_grunt wrote:

And btw.

Lol. I'd like to see that happen. But of course that wouldn't count. I was talking about infantry vs. infantry. So please be serious when responding.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

Metamort wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

I disagree. Why just sit there and spam 12 useless DAO shells at a target 35m away and just let him kill you (If he's even a decent shot he'll hit you if you run at him, lets just say for the scenario's sake)? Sportsmanlike? I guess. Practical? No. Pull out that ERYX or SRAW and blow him away, thinks he's so cool with that little assault rifle

I remember one time a friend and I were fighting on Wake, we both ran out of ammo with the primary gun. I pulled out my pistol and he pulled out the SRAW. I was laughing as I was blown away helplessly.

It may be annoying, but at least it takes more skill than a gaymore. And most admins don't kick for gaymore whoring. In close range (or long range, really) the rocket goes slower than bullets, you can often just hop to the side and it will miss you. Or strafe. With the RPG-7, you don't even have to hop, because it goes straight, and they can't guide it. Just sidestep.
The scenario you described counts for probaly 1/100 AT kills on infantry. In most scenarios you are 10 feet away and get blown away by an AT missile because the guy figured he was a noob on everything else but to shoot 1 shot-to-kill rockets on infantry in close combat. He must think he is world #1 shooting them rockets on every inf he runs into. He probably never killed a single tank.

Last edited by CruZ4dR (2006-05-20 06:48:55)

Breadman
+27|6776|Southern New Jersey
Funny thing is Cruz4dr probly has killed  infantry guys with a anti-tank rocket. Remember it's a weapon and the main function of a weapon is to kill. When I go to play BF2 later on. I'm going to look for you and use anti-tank against you. Reason being cause you don't like getting pwned by rockets.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-05-20 06:58:45)

gameaddict
+35|6723|let op drempels
goal of bf2:get the tickets of the enemy to 0 by any means necessary
nuff said
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

Breadman wrote:

Funny thing is Cruz4dr probly has killed  infantry guys with a anti-tank rocket. Remember it's a weapon and the main function of a weapon is to kill. When I go to play BF2 later on. I'm going to look for you and use anti-tank against you. Reason being cause you don't like getting pwned by rockets.
Yep I did. Who hasn't. But I dont run around using it as a primary weapon and "suddenly,accidentally" run into an enemy infantry and «had no choice» to blow him into stardust with the rocket. The weapon's name is Anti-Tank Missile. Go figure.

Funny thing is that you probably characterize it as pwnage.

Also, not very on-topic:

Why take 2-3 shots of AT-missile when you can sneak up to post two C4- packs on the sucker?
Anti-tank is by far the most useless class.

Come and kill me if you can with your noobish AT rockets. Find me at TV2 Karkand/sharqi servers and most SF Warlord servers. I'll go after you with knife. +1 karma if u kill me.

Last edited by CruZ4dR (2006-05-20 07:02:34)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6752|Charlie One Alpha
Thanks for the -1 karma. For your information, I'm quite the artist with the AT rocket. I kill tanks, cars infantry and choppers with it, whatever wanders into my sights. If you happen to do it on foot, I'll blow you up as if you were a tank. Nuff said.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Darky
Hi..
+71|6604|Here.

Breadman wrote:

There's nothing wrong with using anti-tank (RPG-7,sraw or eryx)on people besides armor. In real life Anti-tank rockets are used to kill people all the time. It's just some players can stand getting pwned by anti-tank rockets. Shit chopper guys use rockets all the time to kill guys. They will use 8 rockets just to kill 1 guy running on foot or capping a flag.  Weapons are made for killing people. In real life would you yell to the enemy, Hay it's unsportsmanlike to be using that RPG on infantry personal!!!! As you are standing there yelling it to them. Enemy guy would shoot a rocket up your ass for their reply. There's nothing in BF2 that somebody doesn't whine about. In the real world combat is not clean. Some armies will take whatever steps need to win the war. If you want clean combat you need to go back in time. To the days when armies would stand across from each other in a open field and do battle.
If you're talking RL situation, you'll find most decent armies save AT rockets for, well, TANKS and OTHER FORMS OF ARMOURED VEHICLES. If you want anti-personnel explosives, thats what the 40mm attachment on the assault rifle is for.

About the only time I can think of an RPG coming in handy against infantry is if they were dug in and well protected by a soft wall, ie. sandbags. It certainly wouldn't be used against troops out in the open that can easily be taken out by bullets.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6697|Teesside, UK

CruZ4dR wrote:

Why take 2-3 shots of AT-missile when you can sneak up to post two C4- packs on the sucker?
Once you work out how to direct missiles well AT can be one of the most powerful classes as you can hide behind cover and fire from great distances. spec ops have to go out in to the open, sneak close, plant explosives and then escape before blowing them up, too much left to chance.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

crimson_grunt wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Once you work out how to direct missiles well AT can be one of the most powerful classes as you can hide behind cover and fire from great distances. spec ops have to go out in to the open, sneak close, plant explosives and then escape before blowing them up, too much left to chance.
Spec Ops is my speciality- I take out 2 of 3 tanks i meet. And I almost never kill myself while doing it.
Once you go Ops, there's no way back
Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6642
He must have sucked, just jump to any direction to avoid RPG and that's really easy
Viper38
+118|6713

Valentinas_M4 wrote:

Well the admin keep armor whoring on warlord ....i  keep dieing dieing .. keep dieing until i  be an Anti-tank i pwned admin with RPG-7 while he in a vehicle or on foot i had 60 kills and 25 deaths  ....

KICKING !!! _TPC_ Valentinas_M4 for RPG-7 whoring ...
Hard luck mate

Try a better server, not run by children
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6608|Area 51

CruZ4dR wrote:

So when some punkass bombs me with an airplane, I cant shoot him down with the Stinger, but have to get a plane and kill him that way..mmm..
DSRTurtle
+56|6728
Anti Tank is not an useless class.  I'be played in a squad of 6 people with 4 of us as AT, 1 medic, and 1 support.  The enemy armor didn't get very far from the main base as we kept killing them with AT rockets.  Our side won pretty easily that round.  150 something to 0.

I prefer the RPG-7 for going after tanks.  It's a fire and forget weapon.  Giving you time to duck behind cover, move and reload for the next shot.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-05-20 09:58:28)

Badcomp
+2|6831|U.S.

CruZ4dR wrote:

This just irritates me to no end
Kill or be killed!!!!!!!!!!!! You're damn straight I'll send a nade your way if it kills you first and I don't have to worry about having an empty clip of the next joker who I might run into! Nade, boom, switch to bullets. If you got slammed by the nade, it's your own damned fault and not the other guys.
If you got pegged by the Eryx or SRAW, then you deserved it as well, because lets face it....they aren't that terribly fast or too highly manuverable. Great for killing snipers too.
If you don't think it happens in real life, just research on ways they've used the Javelin system on troops, door ways, etc..... also GREAT on tanks. Go figure.
Sometimes it's just quicker to use what you have drawn at the moment instead of having to switch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard