pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6451|Washington St.
haha where i did you guys go? Fort Worth Texas? Slidell Louisiana?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney
Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and a couple towns in between.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
New England area, Boston NYC etc
Not an awful lot of landwhales, but quite a few. Food was decent though.

Did see one that was pushing the extremes. Funny thing was, we went to the docks to go whalewatching and that where we saw her.
I thought that the conrete bench she was sitting on was going to break. And well, she wasnt really sitting on it. She sort of oozed over it.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

Kampframmer wrote:

Did see one that was pushing the extremes. Funny thing was, we went to the docks to go whalewatching and that where we saw her.
I thought that the conrete bench she was sitting on was going to break. And well, she wasnt really sitting on it. She sort of oozed over it.
I saw someone matching a similar description at Manhattan Beach in LA *shudder*
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6451|Washington St.
Good effing lord dont visit the south if you come back. I mean it's not like it's ONLY obese people down there but more than what you guys musta saw. You both went to fairly 'skinny' cities too.
Good ol 'merika.

And yeah most places you go for dinner will give you more than you can eat, especially with appetizers and all that. It's normal to take some home or leave it to be discarded. Unless you go somewhere EXTREMELY posh, the chef won't mind.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I saw someone matching a similar description at Manhattan Beach in LA *shudder*
LANDWHALE AHOOOOOOOOOOYYY
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

pirana6 wrote:

Good effing lord dont visit the south if you come back. I mean it's not like it's ONLY obese people down there but more than what you guys musta saw. You both went to fairly 'skinny' cities too.
Good ol 'merika.

And yeah most places you go for dinner will give you more than you can eat, especially with appetizers and all that. It's normal to take some home or leave it to be discarded. Unless you go somewhere EXTREMELY posh, the chef won't mind.
I'm planning on going to NYC, Chicago and Canada next time.
Eating everything on your plate is just expected here, and we're all brought up to do as such. Kinda hard to break, even when there's enough there to feed two people... I often had to leave food behind. The two posh restaurants we visited, food was great and it wasn't enough to feed an army, more like a normal/large portion for one person.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5703|Toronto

Jaekus wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Good ol 'merika.

I'm planning on going to NYC, Chicago and Canada next time.
Eating everything on your plate is just expected here, and we're all brought up to do as such. Kinda hard to break, even when there's enough there to feed two people... I often had to leave food behind. The two posh restaurants we visited, food was great and it wasn't enough to feed an army, more like a normal/large portion for one person.
Which cities in Canada will you be visiting? Montreal>Toronto for tourists, honestly, but Toronto isn't as far away.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
I've got friends in both Lethbridge and Whistler, so no doubt I would be visiting both those places.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Benched and OHP'ed 22.5kg this week. Jealous much?

Stimey
­
+786|6280|Ontario | Canada
wait, you OHP the same as your bench?

O.o
­
­
­
­
­
­
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6451|Washington St.
shouldn't your bench be much more than your OHP? that seems off
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
If you guys read back a few pages you'll notice he's recovering from an injury.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6819|BC, Canada

Jaekus wrote:

I've got friends in both Lethbridge and Whistler, so no doubt I would be visiting both those places.
Haha, been in and around Whis since 99. Damn fun place.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Yeah, I've been told. My friend who lives there, she originally went there for a one month holiday. That was seven years ago, she's never left!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6819|BC, Canada
Oh yeah, maybe I know her, small town and all, whats her name?
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Jess. She's blonde and dj's.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6819|BC, Canada

Jaekus wrote:

Jess. She's blonde and dj's.
So do lots, maybe I know her maybe I don't, I haven't really been partying in the last couple years so maybe not. Maybe to see, Whis is one of those places where you meet so many people that you only remember their faces. Everyones name is "bro" or "hey you!" But PM'ed you.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Sounds like Tassie, where we both grew up
Stimey
­
+786|6280|Ontario | Canada

Jaekus wrote:

yea but like, it should still keep its proportionality
­
­
­
­
­
­
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Yeah I dunno, that's something only KF can explain.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Stimey wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

yea but like, it should still keep its proportionality
Pretty simple really.
Once i started woring out again, I was only allowed to use the bar (20kg) and last week i got to add weight for the first time and my smallest plate is 1.25kg (so 2.5kg).
I will keep increasing both as long as i am allowed, but if i only get to becnh 22.5kg, im not going to stall my OHP at 20, even though i am alowed to increase, just to keep it under my bench.
As soon as both lifts wil hit something like 30-40kg my OHP will most start to progress slower and my becnh will keep going. I just need to get all my lifts back to their original weight as soon as this injury is gone.

Simple really.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

Jaekus wrote:

It was really hard to get anything that wasn't loaded with fat and carbs
Anyone serious cooks their own meals here. I usually only eat out at nice restaurants where there is almost always healthy items.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

Kampframmer wrote:

America is just insane.
After going there i had a lot more respect for people that live there and manage to maintain a healthy diet.
It did explain all the fat people though (I did see quite a bit more, and quite a bit fatter than in other countries)
Where have you been exactly? I've been all over North America, Europe, and South America and to me the Obesity problem is just as apparent in any first world country. The only places in the states that really stand out is the deep south. Drop Alabama and Mississippi and the entire North American continent rises up to greet the sky.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

Kmar wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It was really hard to get anything that wasn't loaded with fat and carbs
Anyone serious cooks their own meals here. I usually only eat out at nice restaurants where there is almost always healthy items.
Yeah, but I was eating out the entire time. I cooked a total of one night I was there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard