Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5691|College Park, MD
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/police- … 563253.ece

They're charged with pouring sand into the engines of construction vehicles and stabbing a company executive in the neck.

They're also accused of tossing hot coffee at non-union workers and threatening to sexually assault the wife of a company representative.

But in the eyes of organized labor -- and maybe the U.S. Supreme Court, as well -- the alleged violence, threats and intimidation by leaders of Local 17, Operating Engineers, in Buffalo may be permissible under federal law.

And that's why the AFL-CIO, the nation's largest labor organization, sought to intervene in the federal court case against the local.

"We're not condoning the allegations or arguing that union officials are completely immune from prosecution," said Jonathan D. Newman, a lawyer for the AFL-CIO. "Instead, we simply want to make sure that the [federal law] is not interpreted in a way that could have a chilling effect on legitimate union activity."

Between this bullshit and the Boeing fiasco where the government forced Boeing to construct 787s in Washington instead of South Carolina, I cannot see why we still have these legalized crime syndicates.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Karbin
+42|6284
I am a member of a union...I have NEVER agreed, nor will I EVER agree, with this type of shit.
I have been on the receiving end of this crap.
Was three feet away from a guy that got run over by a company security driven van running a picket line.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX
Any organisation with power will at some point be hijacked by self-serving scumballs.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HollisHurlbut
+51|5987
They're not saying the actions shouldn't be punished, they're citing a Supreme Court opinion that says a certain federal law is not the proper vehicle for bringing charges.  State laws already exist for such behavior and are not at all preempted from being used against these idiot union members.

Blah blah blah, tempest in a teapot.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

Thugs.

Unions need some internal reform before this kind of shit ruins all members' names.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6400|'Murka

To use an annoying posting style:

>pouring sand into the engines of construction vehicles and stabbing a company executive in the neck.
>legitimate union activity.

Pick one.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard