LSD_Wash
+64|6815
I know a lot people have complained lately about jerks either tk'ing for vehicles or forcing tk's (particularly in jets) in order to get a tk punish.  I have thought for long time that it would be quite easy to program a few logical checks that could automatically ban such behavior.  I'll list a couple of the checks I think could be used to issue immediate kick/bans (1 minute, configurable, whatever).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-A friendly M95 headshot through cockpit glass (especially pre-takeoff)  This is NEVER accidental.

-A teamkill of a player who is say within a 10 meter radius where the victem is closer than the killer (i.e. shooting the guy who got the closer spawn).  This is ALMOST never accidental, but NEVER accidental in uncapturable bases like Karkand's USMC.

-If you had recent failed attempts to enter a vehicle (close enough to vehicle, pressing 'enter vehicle', but couldn't because it was occupied) and within 2-5 second you get a roadkill from that jet.  This one might be a little more difficult to implement a near-foolproof determination, but I would think you could get pretty close.  Maybe this one just deserves to give the 'victem' (jerk) the -4 instead of the 'killer' (the real victem).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there could be a lot of other 'intelligence' put into the game to prevent jerks from tk'ing for vehicles and/or forcing tk's in order to get the punish.  I think the check for recent failed vehicle entry check could be used quite successfully.   Another example, if you just tried to enter a tank but failed because it was occupied by a friendly and then within 2-5 seconds you place C4 on the tank and blow it up, that's obviously intentional and you should be kicked.

So do you guys agree or have any other logical checks that could be done?  I know this has almost zero chance of seeing the light of day, but it's a pretty fun mental exercise anyway.  (Yes, I am a programmer so I think about these types of algorithms a lot) 

-Edited for clarity and speeling corrections

Last edited by LSD_Wash (2006-05-19 12:50:40)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
We'd all love to see this, but somehow I doubt it will happen.

Also, players getting run over trying to get into a full vehicle is also a bit annoying. Happens a lot on mashtuur at the start of the round.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6808|Orlando, FL - Age 43
There is quite a bit of "little" intelligence's running around in this game, we need real intelligence!
LSD_Wash
+64|6815

Darth_Fleder wrote:

There is quite a bit of "little" intelligence's running around in this game, we need real intelligence!
Agreed!  I'm not sure I can edit the topic now though.   Hehe.
[FC]bigE
+7|6670|Akron, OH
I'm sure it can be done easily.  I still play a BF42 mod called Forgotten Hope and on some maps there are areas which cannot be entered by an enemy player (without taking damage similar to going out of bounds).  Since the game is able to differentiate between friend and foe, as well as determine their location on the map and assign damage (or no damage) as a consequence, the converse should also be true.  I'm saying, if a friendly is in a specific location (un cap base) then that friendly cannot recieve damage from another friendly.  It would go along way towards promoting mature gameplay since we typically have no control of the maturity of those playing the game.

Will it happen though....I doubt it
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6764
They should also add a first arrive, first serve system to use the vehicle or plane or heli.
When I had to force a teamkill this is the only reason.
I hate when I am waiting and waiting for the plane to appear, they see me waiting, and they don't care, they kill me or take the plane.
And I don't like it because I always respect when I see somebody waiting for the plane and wait for my turn.
Defiance
+438|6673

gblanco wrote:

They should also add a first arrive, first serve system to use the vehicle or plane or heli.
I hate when I am waiting and waiting for the plane to appear, they see me waiting, and they don't care, they kill me or take the plane.
And I don't like it because I always respect when I see somebody waiting for the plane and wait for my turn.
The queue idea has been said before, and it would cause more problems then it would solve.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
"We have lost Intelligence, I repeat, we have NO Intelligence!"
                                                                                    -Team America
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Defiance
+438|6673

SargeV1.4 wrote:

"We have lost Intelligence, I repeat, we have NO Intelligence!"
                                                                                    -Team America
Fuck yes I was waiting for that one. +1.
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6764

Defiance wrote:

gblanco wrote:

The queue idea has been said before, and it would cause more problems then it would solve.
But in combination with the original idea of this topic could work.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia
you mean to say you want smart people to play bf2?? OMG! HERESY!!!!

LSD_Wash
+64|6815
Good ideas everyone.  I was also thinking about possible reciprocal functionality.  If you toss a grenade and no friendly soldiers are within a 15 meter radius of its landing point, but someone fetches it like a golden retriever, no -4 and no punish opportunity.  If you place C4 on a tank while a friendly on the other side of the tank does the same thing (can't see him) and you blow him up, no -4.  Shoot enemy tank with TOW, it starts to smoke, a friendly but smoking HUMV drives by the instant the smoking tank explodes and kills 3 friendlies (yes... sadly this actually happened to me) you do not get -12 or kicked from the 3 punished that are surely to follow.    The code for this stuff is intern level stuff.  Could be done on a weekend!  But still, I'm sure it'll never happen.  Oh well... it's fun to dream isn't it?
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia
pass this info on dude. they stole the vehicle drop code from somewere... i think
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
you shouldnt be able to get tks for a vehicle blowing up under its own power... and it should be a ban immediately for TKing someone in a jet >.< why is it always the dumbasses who cant fly at fucking all who tk for jets?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
Please these fixes would take a team of programers that actually plays the game , these guys surely dont or they wouldn't be noobing down all the medals & requirments for stuff.
Not to mention adding stuff that we dont need i.e. squad fix & air drop vehicles?! What if you have a crap commander? no vehicles for the round?
God help us all adapt to the new smacktard bf2.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia

TrollmeaT wrote:

Please these fixes would take a team of programers that actually plays the game , these guys surely dont or they wouldn't be noobing down all the medals & requirments for stuff.
Not to mention adding stuff that we dont need i.e. squad fix & air drop vehicles?! What if you have a crap commander? no vehicles for the round?
God help us all adapt to the new smacktard bf2.
they noobed the medals so we would all get them, intime for 2141. We have them all, so "we must want to play a new game"
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

There needs to be Claymore FF AT mine FF and Cockpit glass ff, if disabled, a friendly M95 round cannot kill you in a jet, also a Jet / infantry ff (the jet running over infanty) off. It'd be great. I'd play Wake more.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
I reckon that you can't be tk'ed while in a jet. Simple as that.

I reckon that roadkill should count as a nothing point - much like falling off a cliff. Nobody gains or loses anything (except the guy who dies). Same for AT mines and claymores - there's still FF, but there's no points gained or lost.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6622
well there has been like 5 times where im wait ing for the jet or tank to spawn and i get stuck im either in the wing of the plane or stuck on the tracks of the tank and i cant do anything i mean i never hardly ever punish but ya somethime it is a accident(but not too often)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard