jmsprovan
+18|5810|Alba

UK|Hooligan wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

So we Battlefield fans who have been here through the last FIVE titles get it after PS3?
Its only a week.
Its not the point, every game is made for the consoles nowadays, we finally get a game that is "made" for PC gamers, and PS3 gets it 1 week before us.

One word.

Gay.
Sony probably paid EA millions of dollars to get that week.

I really don't see why a week matters so much just to play karkand again.
thepilot91
+64|6235|Åland!

jmsprovan wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

Its only a week.
Its not the point, every game is made for the consoles nowadays, we finally get a game that is "made" for PC gamers, and PS3 gets it 1 week before us.

One word.

Gay.

that's the point ffs!

PS3 didn't have BF2 nor karkand when the "nowdays-veterans" started playing it , so why should they get to play it one week before the bf2 fans/veterans WHICH THE "BACK TO KARKAND-PACK" WAS CREATED FOR!?!?!?!?!??! grrr
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5035|Massachusetts, USA
You people really want to play karkand that bad. It was one of the worst maps ever.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
thepilot91
+64|6235|Åland!

UnkleRukus wrote:

You people really want to play karkand that bad. It was one of the worst maps ever.
no u
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
It's only a fucking week. Cry moar.
TravisC555
+118|6218|Cox Convention Center, OK

thepilot91 wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

One word.

Gay.

that's the point ffs!

PS3 didn't have BF2 nor karkand when the "nowdays-veterans" started playing it , so why should they get to play it one week before the bf2 fans/veterans WHICH THE "BACK TO KARKAND-PACK" WAS CREATED FOR!?!?!?!?!??! grrr
Don't forget its not only for Back to Karkand, but ALL future expansion packs I don't really mind, but yes I can see how it may make the PC community a little frustrated.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/09/ … usivity-2/

jmsprovan wrote:

Also Wake Island, Gulf Of Oman, and Sharqui Peninsula are in the Back to Karkand expansion pack

Last edited by TravisC555 (2011-09-23 07:19:48)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Anybody able to sign into Battelog yet or do you get a 'You are not Allowed' message?
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

TravisC555 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

jmsprovan wrote:

that's the point ffs!

Don't forget its not only for Back to Karkand, but ALL future expansion packs I don't really mind, but yes I can see how it may make the PC community a little frustrated.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/09/ … usivity-2/

jmsprovan wrote:

Also Wake Island, Gulf Of Oman, and Sharqui Peninsula are in the Back to Karkand expansion pack
So two good maps, both of which we've already played to death.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6687|"The Empire"

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Its nothing to do with Karkand DLC, its EVERY DLC will be one week early on PS3.

Considering this game was to "give something back to PC gaming", it hardly feels like it with vehicle re-generation, no commander etc. and now PS3 owners get EVERYTHING before the people who actually made the brand what it is today. Makes sense.
Christbane
+51|6233
so buy the damn pre order if you cant wait an extra week for the maps   edit...  didnt know it was for ALL the future expansions   but still  big deal

Last edited by Christbane (2011-09-23 07:52:51)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Its nothing to do with Karkand DLC, its EVERY DLC will be one week early on PS3.

Considering this game was to "give something back to PC gaming", it hardly feels like it with vehicle re-generation, no commander etc. and now PS3 owners get EVERYTHING before the people who actually made the brand what it is today. Makes sense.
Ok, maybe Sony is paying for the development of the DLC. You honestly have no idea why this is happening. And it's still only one week, why bother getting mad over this shit?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

UnkleRukus wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Useless?  Take out other jets and helicopters?  Strafing runs?
Yes useless. The game is about interactions between different facets of the battlefield. having the pilots off in their little mini game adding nothing to the main battle is completely pointless.
Shitty balance for the kids who cant deal with getting bombed in the face.
I had no problems getting bombed.  I rarely got bombed anyways.  I've done some bombings myself.  It's easy mode.  Nothing on the ground could take you down.  Only another jet posed any challenge to you.  And on most games, rarely did both sides have equally skilled pilots.  No challenge in it.  What I have a problem is players who will teamkill because they must have the most dominant weapon/vehicle in the game, aka fighter jets with bombs.  Make it so that they aren't so dominating, and maybe more average players will get a chance to use them.  It's called having for all concerned.  Don't give me that sh*t that you're teamkilling because you can win the game for the team.  That's plain BS.  Plain and simple, you want to make kills with very little chance of dying.

1943 did it right.  Enough aircraft for everyone who wanted to fly.  In the hands of a good pilot, easy kills everywhere.  But with plenty of aircraft to use, and effective AA on the ground all over the place, even the best pilot was not invulnerable. 

As for nothing to do?  Serious?  Like I said, taking out other aircraft, especially helicopters.  And rather than a no-aim easy mode bombing run on a flag, just maybe, some skill with a few strafing runs.  Without jets, the helicopters would be the dominant vehicle in the game.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

UnkleRukus wrote:

Karkand non-IO was fun as hell, with armor convoys and really the only map that the commander played an important role.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

Ilocano wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Karkand non-IO was fun as hell, with armor convoys and really the only map that the commander played an important role.
Quit kidding yourself. Karkand was a fucking stalemate on all modes.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Quit kidding yourself, karkand was by far the most popular map because it was fun/action packed.
jord

Ilocano wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Yes useless. The game is about interactions between different facets of the battlefield. having the pilots off in their little mini game adding nothing to the main battle is completely pointless.
Shitty balance for the kids who cant deal with getting bombed in the face.
I had no problems getting bombed.  I rarely got bombed anyways.  I've done some bombings myself.  It's easy mode.  Nothing on the ground could take you down.  Only another jet posed any challenge to you.  And on most games, rarely did both sides have equally skilled pilots.  No challenge in it.  What I have a problem is players who will teamkill because they must have the most dominant weapon/vehicle in the game, aka fighter jets with bombs.  Make it so that they aren't so dominating, and maybe more average players will get a chance to use them.  It's called having for all concerned.  Don't give me that sh*t that you're teamkilling because you can win the game for the team.  That's plain BS.  Plain and simple, you want to make kills with very little chance of dying.

1943 did it right.  Enough aircraft for everyone who wanted to fly.  In the hands of a good pilot, easy kills everywhere.  But with plenty of aircraft to use, and effective AA on the ground all over the place, even the best pilot was not invulnerable. 

As for nothing to do?  Serious?  Like I said, taking out other aircraft, especially helicopters.  And rather than a no-aim easy mode bombing run on a flag, just maybe, some skill with a few strafing runs.  Without jets, the helicopters would be the dominant vehicle in the game.
Take ff off and there's no teamkilling, problem solved.

Though I did like c4ing people off the carrier to get the jet, that was funny.
jmsprovan
+18|5810|Alba
Warlord was a much better city map than Karkand
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

jord wrote:

Quit kidding yourself, karkand was by far the most popular map because it was fun/action packed.
And not at all had to do with the fact that it was super easy to get retarded amounts of points on!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

jord wrote:

And not at all had to do with the fact that it was super easy to get retarded amounts of points on!
Yes, for everyone.  And that was a problem because?

Wait, I know.  Only jets and helicopters are allowed to have retarded amounts of points.

Edit: lol at mod edit comment above.  I meant to edit my comment and edited yours first.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

https://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1544/newmapc.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

jmsprovan wrote:

Warlord was a much better city map than Karkand
jord

jord wrote:

No I've said it before. It's because the action was nonstop because of the close proximity of the flags. Who cares about points, dude?
jord

Ilocano wrote:

jord wrote:

Wait, I know.  Only jets and helicopters are allowed to have retarded amounts of points.

Edit: lol at mod edit comment above.  I meant to edit my comment and edited yours first.
On a jet map then yes, the person in a jet should be getting a lot more points than the guy on the ground. I see nothing wrong with that at all.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

jord wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

On a jet map then yes, the person in a jet should be getting a lot more points than the guy on the ground. I see nothing wrong with that at all.
Depends on the map.  Flag hopping on Fu She and Dragon Valley on those FAV's?  Not much killing, but plenty of points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard