*DuTcH*
+0|6847

dsb wrote:

Wadoki, who is the chick in your sig and are there more pics somewhere?
She is kristin kreuk out of smallville i think

https://bf2s.com/player/45043573/awards.jpg
McCullough
+7|6839
But ofcourse that's baseraping. If you guard a spawn point and shoots everything you see it's raping.  Dont do that! Ever!
DMFDxUconn
+8|6768|Kannapolis,North Carolina

the_heart_attack wrote:

not base raping at all in my veiw, the point of the game is to rape there bases, capturing it while doing so.
Exactly.
Hoosyourdaddy
+0|6759|NZ
I've seen a lot of complaints about people strafing/bombing the carrier during a game (calling it base-raping), and I've been on both ends of it.
In a map like Wake or Gulf of Oman where USMC have a large amount of air support I want to discourage USMC from getting into attack choppers or jets and force them to spawn on the mainland (where it's fun for the whole family!).

Speaking as a happy MEC armour driver, I much prefer the game when I'm not getting strafed/bombed/helled every 30 seconds.

Would you call that base-raping?
If I'm on the carrier and get hit like that, I will spawn somewhere else.
A lot of people refuse to spawn elsewhere and miss out on their chance to fly, so start yelling 'raper' instead...
With air support being so powerful in the right hands, I see any method of reducing it's power as a benefit to my team.

Of course, if the carrier is their only respawn spot doing this makes me feel 'unclean' - too much like fish in a barrel, no sport...
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6782

there's no such thing as base-raping...stop crying
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland

dsb wrote:

Technically, yes it's base raping.  The things is, what are you supposed to do...back off and let them make there way out and start capping spawns again?  The MEC objective on Sharqi is to take all points.  Why wouldn't you keep hammering at it?

I've been on a side that's been base raped before, and while it's really annoying and frustrating, I can't get with the idea that the other side should just let us take stuff back without a fight.
I agree here. I mean what the hell are you supposed to do? Fly away and come back in 10 minutes when they have capped another point? Hell no is what I say! Although he should have TRIED to get the flag, so I can see why they called you a rapist
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6762

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

dsb wrote:

Technically, yes it's base raping.  The things is, what are you supposed to do...back off and let them make there way out and start capping spawns again?  The MEC objective on Sharqi is to take all points.  Why wouldn't you keep hammering at it?

I've been on a side that's been base raped before, and while it's really annoying and frustrating, I can't get with the idea that the other side should just let us take stuff back without a fight.
I agree here. I mean what the hell are you supposed to do? Fly away and come back in 10 minutes when they have capped another point? Hell no is what I say! Although he should have TRIED to get the flag, so I can see why they called you a rapist
I keep telling everyone, I was drunk, I didn't mean to!!
MattCicioni
+1|6830|Arizona
Not raping because it's a base that can be capped.  Base raping requires two componets:

1.  The base is not capable
2.  There are other bases that can be captured.

If you have all the other bases, and only their main base is left, I say that's not raping, there's just no other targets for you to shoot.

-Matt

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
B.Horning
+0|6763|U.S.A.
No you were not base raping. What else were you supposed to do? When all other flags are captured, you must take the last flag. Don't pay any attention to the babies.

Last edited by B.Horning (2005-10-27 14:08:43)

Major-Numb-Nuts
+0|6772
i cant stress enough that attack choppers are weapons of war... MADE TO KILL

seriously... people are just sore that they are getting killed...

if your getting screwed that bad and your ucb is getting pummeld just dont give them another easy kill... just admit defeat and stop playing for that round and then at the end of it just fight harder, or just spawn at a different spawn point (like on the arty island on wake island)
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland

Major-Numb-Nuts wrote:

i cant stress enough that attack choppers are weapons of war... MADE TO KILL

seriously... people are just sore that they are getting killed...

if your getting screwed that bad and your ucb is getting pummeld just dont give them another easy kill... just admit defeat and stop playing for that round and then at the end of it just fight harder, or just spawn at a different spawn point (like on the arty island on wake island)
Yet its so very hard to admitt defeat =P . Ive got a room big enough to fill with my ego so why not?
J/k, altough it IS hard to admitt defeat sometimes and you take it out on other ppl *not so cool, dude*
Major-Numb-Nuts
+0|6772
at the end of the day the deaths are boosting there stats and lowering yours...
summoner
+0|6762
All too easy is it for one to just horde in on a base and try and kill them as they spawn.
I like the thrill of the frenzy myself, let them out and have a flag or two. It's a risk, but, there's always risk. More fun when your opponent actually has something to fight back with.
theoflow
+1|6758
Hmm....baserapping is a sensitive subject isn't it?

I think the concensus is that if your consitantly killing people at an uncappable flag it is fairgame.  I mean, think about it, it is a fight, and i'm going to put myself in a situation where you can possibly kill me?  I think not. 

However, i feel that if you stay at an enemy base for a long period of time (excluding snipers) and not to try and take the flag, then that is questionable.  Stop being a pansy and try to take the flag.  I'm pretty sure a bunch of us have taken flags by themselves.  If your afraid of dying by taking a flag, then your fringe stat padding.  Objective is for the team to win.

I do understand that newbies might find it frustrating, and i think everyone should relate.  Basically, when someone is base-raping, or exhibiting that sort of behavoir, they know where the spawn points are.  Karkland is a perfect example, if you play on the USMC side, and u get to flanks of the first flag, you can basically rape the enemy as they spawn in the alleyways. 

HOWEVER, this is not base rapping, this is just good positioning.  The alleyways are good cover, and usually the only avenues of advancement for that map.  Just like good tactics, you find a choke point and sqeeze it.

BUT, if there is a tank or apc raping those alleyways, i do have a problem with that.  Regular foot soldiers you might have a chance of getting away, but definetely not tanks and such.

Since i'm pointing fingers, i minus well mention the developer.  I know i shouldn't because i love the game, but it is a suggestion; more random spawn points.  Good players memorize maps and spawn points, and players will take advantage of that.

As for base rapping uncapable flags such as carriers, i dun really have a problem with that.  First of all, if it is the last flag left, why the hell not?  There isn't really any other place for some action.  The USMC team shouldn't have even let it get to that point. They deserve to lose and capping the carrier only makes the round pass quicker.  Second of all, i think it is dumb to base rape a carrier on certain maps like Oman and Wetlands.  Attack helicopters are much better used by giving air support, and then getting to the point of base raping carriers.

my 2 cents
Wadoki
+1|6758

dsb wrote:

Wadoki, who is the chick in your sig and are there more pics somewhere?
The top one is random chics 11 total.

Bottom one is Kristin Kreuk from Smallville.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard