M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Tbh, this looks awesome.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624
The Aliens theme is cool enough that it deserves a good game in its honor, but nothing made to date has really achieved that.  Hopefully this does.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

This is the sort of game that would benefit most from dynamic map generation.

You get thrown into a base as a recovery team, search and destroy and each time you play have no idea the map layput and alien spawn locations, investation areas, etc

Early footage looks good but it's still a long ways off from release.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver

AussieReaper wrote:

You get thrown into a base as a recovery team, search and destroy and each time you play have no idea the map layput and alien spawn locations, investation areas, etc

It would lend itself to some sort of MMO type game with random dungeons.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

AussieReaper wrote:

I think the aliens attack you from different directions and never the same place. So they'll randomly come from the floor/walls/ceiling. They also work in packs and if they're on their own or outnumbered, will run off.
allcovered
+2|4580
This game seems risky to me, It is almost an impossible genre to make a classic game....
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

New stuff.

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-demo-aliens-colonial/721651[/video]
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Ossum
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
I'm gonna love this, even if it does look like it was made in 2005....

Makes me wanna play quake 4 or doom 3 again.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624
This does look fun...it also looks like the sort of game I'll wait to buy until it's $20 or less.  Hopefully they do it justice.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

This does look fun...it also looks like the sort of game I'll wait to buy until it's $20 or less.  Hopefully they do it justice.
I agree, unless I hear it's very awesome. After AvP3...ugh.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I think it'll be very hard to make a game like this good nowadays. Maybe 10 years ago when single player reigned supreme, but with MP being what the majority of what people play a game like this with no real substance or strong storyline can't succeed. Not many people want to run around corridors and wait for the inevitable alien coming up through a vent/from the roof/out of a dark corner/out of an air duct and then get to a repetitive boss-like stage with the no doubt hard to kill Queen alien with a few smaller Aliens running around in an attempt to mix up that stage.

No, sorry.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Single player games or games with a single player aspect can still be good if enough talent is thrown into them. The restrictive motion of AvP 3 really threw me off. If I could do that campaign using AvP2's freedom of movement, I'd be pretty happy. The only mechanic from 3 that I'd take into 2 is the targeted jumping to use alongside 2's reflex high jump.

Most of the Aliens fans I know are amped up for this release, but I'll wait. If sales slump, no doubt Steam will knock off a good percentage on some midweek madness.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Single player games can be great still, sure. I completed Fallout 3/NV doing like 90% of the side missions because the storyline was very immersive and the gameplay was decent enough to keep me entertained. I recently completed just cause 2 and that was alright enough, though towards the end I was getting a bit bored but still the sandbox style and level of freedom kept me in it 'till the end. Not that both these games wouldn't be better with friends on MP...

I love the Alien films, and I played one back on ps1 that at the time was pretty cool. I just don't think it's suitable for a single player game anymore...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I suppose they could make it less stagnant by adding a sandbox element to the next Aliens game and forcing you to take the fight to the hive before it grows too powerful and kills off the planet's colony. There's always an alien that escapes, but that's where the Predators would come in.

And no. No MMO...

Being able to fight alongside non-scripted troops in procedurally-generated events would be nice rather than sitting through an in-game cutscene only to be thrown into yet another corridor alone with just a pistol, flashlight and your radio for company.

(e: scripting is really killing replay value in these games..."oh look, this is the part where the guy gets pulled into a hole in the wall")
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I think for them to pull this game off, it needs to be a mix of suspense and not just constant action. Like at the very start where you're wandering through the med lab and random things fall open. Could really build up to that crescendo where you brown your shorts.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I don't think there's any other way a colonial marine campaign could be done than to include the obligatory "abandoned" facility map. Shit was like that as far back as Aliens TC for Doom.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

One thing I hope they change is the sound of your gun. It doesn't sound like the pulse rifle. The NPC guns do, but yours is more a rattling drone.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I saw some gameplay demo of this...

It looked ok but the blood and acid effects look horrible... And I didn't like the sounds of the weapons
Seems like the alien AI is pretty great except for when it gets stuck and they start dryhumping walls or stairs...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver

FloppY_ wrote:

It looked ok but the blood and acid effects look horrible... And I didn't like the sounds of the weapons
Seems like the alien AI is pretty great except for when it gets stuck and they start dryhumping walls or stairs...
Are Xenomorphs capable of Dry humping?  They're pretty slimy.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

SonderKommando wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Are Xenomorphs capable of Dry humping?  They're pretty slimy.
From what I've seen in the movies that blank black shell is dry they drool alot tho'
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That music made this game seem much cooler.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Shame it's been delayed though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

And too bad it isn't being made by Ubisoft.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard