chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

The site was down for a bit this evening while I updated the databases (couldn't do it live, sorry). Hopefully this new slightly more optimized database will be a bit better than the previous one (smaller indexes, faster queries, you get your stats faster -- that's the idea anyway.)
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6766|Barrington, RI
Great!  how much faster are we talking about here given the huge surge in the queue?
Bloody Sky
+2|6815|Texas
Yeah I noticed the down time eariler. Have been browsing the site for a few minutes (I was having BF2S withdraws!). Seems smooth. I like it.

Keep up the great work!!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

sewermasta324 wrote:

Great!  how much faster are we talking about here given the huge surge in the queue?
Different kind of "faster" -- faster as in, hopefully no more 4 second page generation times -- more like .1 second page gen times. EG: browse the site faster.

The queue I'm still trying to figure out.
midgetspy
+3|6798
The question is, did it work? ;-P

Nic
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6756

So -you- broke the site.  I was wondering why I couldn't check the forums last night at midnight.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

midgetspy wrote:

The question is, did it work? ;-P

Nic
https://images.bf2s.com/graph_qa.png

Can you see the point at which the optimizations took effect? Server load is still quite high, but the average query time has not only leveled out during the busy hours, but also went down a hell of a lot.

It's amazing what the correct column types can do for DB performance

(sorry about the transparent png, it's usually on my debugging white background.)
Dnamaster
+0|6781|Canada
queue is almost 0 for me today
jnick
+22|6752
Errr . . . why for the past week is it taking EA HOURS to update the stats .
[PNSF]Neo
+0|6736|Area 51
Quick question. my in game bfhq stats aren't there at all there all ranked at 0. How ever my internet stats still are right. I got promoted to corpral today. What should I do about this problem ?
aTi|Sanders
Hold your Fire, I forgot my gun!
+0|6737
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
erm... chuy? it seems like i cant get my stats updated. it tells me that i'm sometimes number 13, then 80, then 40, then xx.... and this after F5'ing in 3-sec-rhytm....

edit: okay, seems to be a prob of the EA stat-servers... ingame everything is missin' and the leaderboard is empty.

Last edited by AndrewPoison (2005-10-27 02:18:16)

L3on
+0|6728|Dallas, TX

aTi|Sanders wrote:

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?messageID=93067&#93067

Join the club
this is getting rediculous... hopefully it's just an upgrade, i wish there was some kind of status page with reports on wtf is going on with the system
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6745|Hamburg, Germany
stats are up again....
KiLLMasTer
+3|6752|West Va (USA)
yup I was at this site and was like Moma NOooooooooo
[B.D]bo_bo
+0|6727|england
why is the line for getting stats soooo long?

"You are #1,757 of 2,777 in the queue. Approximate wait time is: 4d 7h 36m 36s."

WTF????

(i don't know if this is the right forum for this but i carn't find a good one to post in)
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England
yeah, its going down at the normal speed its just the time left has gone crazy.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6810|Sicily, Italy
good job admin guy, keep it up.

and for the rest of you, jesus give it a rest, they will be updated whenever, there is more to life then bf2 stats, and i guess neithor of you have been here when the wait was weeks for a update.

...anyway...

r/
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England

Stasiek wrote:

there is more to life then bf2 stats
No there isnt.

Stasiek wrote:

i guess neithor of you have been here when the wait was weeks for a update.
Yes I was.

I wasnt complaining anyway...
Sleepkever
+0|6742
by the way, did you change anything in the stats pages, becous it is taking day's to update now.. mine says:
You are #2,343 of 3,527 in the queue. Approximate wait time is: 4d 16h 33m 18s.
EDIT: my number is going down ok i see now, only the time does not change with it...

are the EA stat servers still out? becous i am put at the back of the queue when i reach 1...

Last edited by Sleepkever (2005-10-27 12:45:04)

[PNSF]Neo
+0|6736|Area 51
I loaded up bf2 today and my stats are back. Well I'm glad for that lol.

https://bf2s.com/player/57862347/sig5.png

https://bf2s.com/player/57862347/awards.jpg
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

I'm screwing around with how I store and process the queue today (trying to find a better way of running it since using WHERE in an SQL query with > or < symbols sucks ass performance wise) so things are likely to be funky. Your stats are still being updated, but the place in line and the "time left" might be a little...deceptive.
The_Time
+-2|6762|California
i realize this is not the thread for stat stuff so i will just say, whenever you have a problem with stats disappearing or not showing up you should just wait. These things sort themselves out in time.

Last edited by The_Time (2005-10-27 16:30:50)

aTi|Sanders
Hold your Fire, I forgot my gun!
+0|6737
You are #1,997 of 5,520 in the queue. Approximate wait time is: 6d 3h 43m 21s.

OUCH
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6811|Scotland!
Why is there so many people checking their stats now?

About 2 weeks ago no matter when you went, you'd be no more than 200th in the queue.... Now you're like constantly 20,000th.. Why is this?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard