Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

People take way too many drugs.
So true! You should see the crap the parents here give the children that come to our daycare. These poor kids' immune systems are probably useless now. They get medication for anything it's ridiculous. Even preemptive medicine.
And their sugar regulating systems are useless from constant flow of sugar.

Kids should not be on psycho-active medication full stop. Most other types of medicine neither.
Kids are supposed to get sick to develop an immune system - and to get used to a life of pain, or they'll end up as whiny adults/old people who want a drug every time they don't feel 200%.

I personally believe giving kids paracetamol lines them up for adult amphetamine abuse.

https://www.pharmacy2me.com.au/assets/full/NUR018.jpg
Fucks sake people.

(I know its codeine and ibuprofen - which sounds worse...)

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-09-09 18:52:16)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So does it work, or does it still get obfuscated in middle-man mess?
we get like every 4th or 5th script sent back to us to type out ourselves because central fill cant read it right through the scanner. they type shit up wrong too all the time, dosing, quantity, refills, strengths, ect.
"Oh, no biggie. It's just working with substances that could kill people..."

lol
lrishpride
+68|5149

Dilbert_X wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

People take way too many drugs.
So true! You should see the crap the parents here give the children that come to our daycare. These poor kids' immune systems are probably useless now. They get medication for anything it's ridiculous. Even preemptive medicine.
And their sugar regulating systems are useless from constant flow of sugar.

Kids should not be on psycho-active medication full stop. Most other types of medicine neither.
Kids are supposed to get sick to develop an immune system - and to get used to a life of pain, or they'll end up as whiny adults/old people who want a drug every time they don't feel 200%.

I personally believe giving kids paracetamol lines them up for adult amphetamine abuse.

Fucks sake people.

(I know its codeine and ibuprofen - which sounds worse...)
This is so true. We (my family) where never brought up completely over-reacting to simple illnesses with drugs and now I never get sick nor do any of my family. Meanwhile my neighbors and cousins with their control freak "OH MY GOD MY BABY IS SICK" mother all seem to get diagnosed with the stupidest shit and are on tonnes of medication. Asthma (2 of the lads 'have it' but neither have ever suffered an asthma attack, inhalers twice daily), ridiculous allergies to shit they just won't eat, common fevers/colds almost annually, 2 of the girls have had reconstructive surgery (nose/jaw) and 2 of the lads have dyslexia and one even has 'chronic fatigue syndrome' (basically he's a lazy bastard)

This is what an overprotective and over-reacting mum results in.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And Doctors who prescribe drugs to get people out of their surgery/make their bonus holiday with the drug co.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

Dilbert_X wrote:

And Doctors who prescribe drugs to get people out of their surgery/make their bonus holiday with the drug co.
fkn america .................... you know what I'm sayin Dil ... fkn america
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its not just America where that happens, France is much worse for example.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

if that doctor is a surgeon you better believe he'd rather perform surgery..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Kmar wrote:

if that doctor is a surgeon you better believe he'd rather perform surgery..
Thats another side of the problem, surgeons try to prescribe surgery, doctors try to prescribe drugs, few are interested in treating the patient.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I know this quite well in fact. I was seeing a orthop surgeon that kept pushing me in to back surgery, without doing non invasive stuff first. I was so pissed that I ended up settling (i was hurt on the job), and I found another doc. I'm doing much better now and I was never cut.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Surgery should be a last resort, so should drugs, not many people understand this.
Sometimes its better to live with a problem than risk 101 complications and still not solve the problem.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I understand it.. but that's because I took the time to educate myself. And yea, most people don't.
https://i.imgur.com/XhFr5.jpg

I remember sitting in the office whilst the assistant was telling me about how they were going to cut me open from the front, move my organs around, place a cage in me and start using power tools on my spine. I was like really? How about more than a week of ptherapy first?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I was thinking about getting that book, for maintenance as my back has always felt unstable.

I have a problem with one jaw joint, being slightly lopsided and having occasional spasms is still preferable to having my face chopped open and bits ground off my skull I think.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

It is a light read, but the information is solid. It helped my understanding of how the spine works. I've been building my core for years now and tbh that is what has helped me the most.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
allcovered
+2|4611
Funny to see this book posted on this thread, it was required reading for pre-med for my sister at the University of Arizona. I might need to take a peek. I have been looking at bookstores online and was surprised at how many have bad reviews. Do you guys ever use [url=http://www.facebook.com/angieslist]angies list[/url] to scope out reviews online?

Last edited by allcovered (2011-10-01 16:44:38)

BVC
+325|6697
Haven't spent a lot of time in pharmacies, but have heard a few stories.  Saw a couple of junkies at an A&E one night (looking after a drunk mate who punched a bottle & cut his hand), claiming they had intense back pain but running all over the place like idiots when the nurses back was turned.  They got really angry when they were turned down, started telling other patients to fuck off, calling everyone cunts etc.  Saw cop cars pulling up as I left.
andros
Banned
+256|4714|HK Chitral, Pakistan
my aunt's ex got paralyzed from the waist down as a result of some sort of fuck up in a back surgery.

he got a pretty good lump of money and is still slowly starting to get better but it's not worth it imo.
Philosophy, economics, culture, science, art. <3
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6390

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA

andros wrote:

my aunt's ex got paralyzed from the waist down as a result of some sort of fuck up in a back surgery.

he got a pretty good lump of money and is still slowly starting to get better but it's not worth it imo.
The fuck does that have to do with this thread.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
nothing, andro is just a terrible poster (and human being)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard