Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6898|Dallas

polarbearz wrote:

Sounds fucking awesome!
Trust me, don't waste your time.

I DL'ed this and played it today and after about 30 minutes I was like "WTF, this isn't real, realistic, accurate, entertaining, fun or worth 30 minutes of my time", followed by a prompt un-install.

I'm sorry but if I wanted to be killed in two shots from an unknown gun fired by an unknown player from an unknown location while having a weapon that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the two clips they so graciously gave me then I would have never gotten out of the military to begin with.  I mean the AT kit gets a pistol and two rockets.....kiss my ass.  It's a bunch of snipers and support players running around dieing every two seconds for no apparent reason.  The scoring system is....weird to say the least and the damn thing gave me a "There is a problem with your connection" on the last ticket of every round on every server I played on. 

I've fired the M16, I've fired the M4, I've fired the M249 SAW, all on firing ranges (Except for the M249 which was mounted in a Humvee) and I can assure you that if you are in the prone position and taking careful aim, your shot does NOT deviate 4 feet on the second shot!  It does not take 3 bullets from a M16 to kill and it does not take 5 shots from an M4 to kill someone, you do not live after being shot in the head with a sniper rifle, period.  This is not a realism mod, it's not even close.  The only thing "real" about it was driving a convoy across town and being shot at, and even that....is not real.  A Chevy suburban can not take 3 Eryx's and continue driving. 

Personally, (and I'm sure the fanboys will give me -100 for this, but like I give a fuck), I give the mod 2 stars out of 10.  1 star for the sounds they added (The M16 sounds somewhat like a IRL M16 and the AK sounds closer as well) and 1 star for adding different modes of game play, even though they all suck.  I DON'T recommend anyone spend the time to DL it but, Hey, do whatever the hell you like.  You may like it.  I didn't and all the people I play with didn't like it.

If you want something that is playable, download Nations At War.  At least the only thing wrong with it is extremely overpowered weapons and a few glitches, not a giant shit fest on every map. 

Plus NAW has quad-bike races.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6966
I like it. It's a nice change from the regular bf2.. and a lot of people actually work together online. It's just fun.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6806|Australia
Maps look good.
oberst_enzian
+234|6876|melb.au
how big is the download?
uber73
+188|6885|Brisbane
750mb ish
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6895

I agree with Cougar.  I was all excited and ready for realism, then just like most things in my life, I was disappointed.
raz
+22|6797|England, UK
How the hell do you install? Just copy and paste into main directory? :S
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6786|Norway

Cougar wrote:

It's a bunch of snipers and support players running around dieing every two seconds for no apparent reason.
That's what I said too: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=345357#p345357
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6915

if you want reality why not get america's army?  its free and pretty damn realistic...you die and you sit out the rest of the round.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6830|Sacramento
for some reason, to me you sound bitter Cougar  =/

heh.
to each his/her own I guess.

But yeah some will like it and some wont. hate it love it whatever, its worth a try regardless. My only issue is there are not enough servers that have a good ping for me.

btw, no "game" will ever be "real" so we have to take that and run with it heh. its not really nice to bash a game(or mod) that someone put their best effort into it for the enjoyment of others. no matter how lame you personally think it is.

superfly_cox wrote:

if you want reality why not get america's army?  its free and pretty damn realistic...you die and you sit out the rest of the round.
I liked it until I stopped playing for a while then came back only to be vote kicked out of every map cause I was not familiar with them anymore heh. that community doesnt really put up with newbs.

Last edited by No_Smoking (2006-05-19 23:52:35)

MarkPuppets
+16|6827|from my PC
quick question. If I install this mod and any other mod, am I going to get "modified content" error in vanilla BF2?
Thanks
tupla_s
+455|6725|Finland

MarkPuppets wrote:

quick question. If I install this mod and any other mod, am I going to get "modified content" error in vanilla BF2?
Thanks
No... And u can always uninstall it if u get
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6898|Dallas

No_Smoking wrote:

Yeah I am a bit.  I spent an hour and a half DLing and dumped 700meg on to my machine for something that didn't even halfway deliver what it said it would.  What a waste of time.  Also I wrote that right after I uninstalled so I was a bit frustrated.
theCrusifix
+4|6798|Marshall, IL

Cougar wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Sounds fucking awesome!

I DL'ed this and played it today and after about 30 minutes I was like "WTF, this isn't real, realistic, accurate, entertaining, fun or worth 30 minutes of my time", followed by a prompt un-install.

I'm sorry but if I wanted to be killed in two shots from an unknown gun fired by an unknown player from an unknown location while having a weapon that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the two clips they so graciously gave me then I would have never gotten out of the military to begin with.  I mean the AT kit gets a pistol and two rockets.....kiss my ass.  It's a bunch of snipers and support players running around dieing every two seconds for no apparent reason.  The scoring system is....weird to say the least and the damn thing gave me a "There is a problem with your connection" on the last ticket of every round on every server I played on. 

I've fired the M16, I've fired the M4, I've fired the M249 SAW, all on firing ranges (Except for the M249 which was mounted in a Humvee) and I can assure you that if you are in the prone position and taking careful aim, your shot does NOT deviate 4 feet on the second shot!  It does not take 3 bullets from a M16 to kill and it does not take 5 shots from an M4 to kill someone, you do not live after being shot in the head with a sniper rifle, period.  This is not a realism mod, it's not even close.  The only thing "real" about it was driving a convoy across town and being shot at, and even that....is not real.  A Chevy suburban can not take 3 Eryx's and continue driving. 

Personally, (and I'm sure the fanboys will give me -100 for this, but like I give a fuck), I give the mod 2 stars out of 10.  1 star for the sounds they added (The M16 sounds somewhat like a IRL M16 and the AK sounds closer as well) and 1 star for adding different modes of game play, even though they all suck.  I DON'T recommend anyone spend the time to DL it but, Hey, do whatever the hell you like.  You may like it.  I didn't and all the people I play with didn't like it.

If you want something that is playable, download Nations At War.  At least the only thing wrong with it is extremely overpowered weapons and a few glitches, not a giant shit fest on every map. 

Plus NAW has quad-bike races.
WTF are you talking about. I guarantee you if i shot you 3 times with a 22 you have a chance to die, and put any of the guns they have in there in my hands and chances are you will die. I dont give a god damn what you have shot, gimme a bow and arrow and i can kill you. i don't know what your talking about there....       NO its not COMPLETELY LIFE LIKE, but thats impossible beings its a "GAME" but its way better than the reg bf2, your Just pissed cause its not NERF'd to the MAX. And let me tell you one well places shot from a sniper rifle in this mod,,,they are down for the count, Look at my stats on the ABR, or (alternative battlefield ranking) http://www.battlefieldranking.net/optio … rld,5.html . Not saying i'm cool or blah blah blah, but I seem to kick more ass when its not NOOBIFIED for every 8 year old that has a PC can just install and go, this takes talent and teamwork. Its by far the best MOD ever for BF2. I play mostly on the Gloryhoundz server. Seems most the NOOBS dont like the mod because they dont have a commander telling them where to go, have a uav showing enemy, a red name tag to give away your spot, you can literally hide in a bush and watch someone walk on top of you and keep walking you have to keep your eyes open and play and FPS like it should be played.

SO, if you  are a noob that have zero skills in point aim click, working as a team, listening to orders and playing sneaky sneaky then you will HATE this mod. If your tired of logging hours upon hours into a game and getting little rank as possible then you might like this game. stats system is about the same only if you take a jet and you crash/get killed in it, you get neg points. same with Humvee, or anything else you can drive. however if you take any of the above out you get bonus points. Long sniper shots get bonus points, capping flags gets major points, along with assisting/defending. So to those of you out there tired of the people getting in stealing the chopper/tank/jet, dont worry not as many on this, yet there are some, and even a map called armored fury featuring nothing but tanks/apc's kinda fun, but not my fav map.

Game modes consist of reg game play, but thing is you cant sneak around back to the back flag and cap it, must get all flags in order,,,,meaning you cant capture next flag till you secure your last one. and them move on, but yet you must defend that flag or you will be even further back,,,,,GREAT GAME PLAY...
2nd game is extraction were you take an SUV and try to get it from point A to point B, you get about 3 chances and the only way is with teamwork....great one as well
last game is single objective, thats where one team defends there RADAR and UAV, while the other team tries to destroy them, harder than it sounds on both sides. but every map is played 2 times so its evenly played.

So go DL it and come to the Gloryhoundz server and get on the other team as DEDMON and I and a few others and be prepared to have your ass handed to you jk. but please get this and if your noob get it, play it 4 rounds break your keyboard and go back to reg BF2..

theCrusifix..

p.s. I'll try to get some in game screenies for you.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6830|Sacramento

Cougar wrote:

No_Smoking wrote:

Yeah I am a bit.  I spent an hour and a half DLing and dumped 700meg on to my machine for something that didn't even halfway deliver what it said it would.  What a waste of time.  Also I wrote that right after I uninstalled so I was a bit frustrated.
well, a word of advice.. take it or leave it

Life is too short to allow things like (in your opinion) a bad mod get you down.
you could have done worse

on a side note.. I just remembered something else.. I am not really a fan of the new game modes. They are interesting, but I prefer the standard mode better. I do however like how you can cap random flags.. you have to do it in order. THAT I like.. thats what Join Ops did and I loved it.

It does make it hard to gain ground though, but I guess thats the point.

Last edited by No_Smoking (2006-05-21 01:50:22)

theCrusifix
+4|6798|Marshall, IL
yes makes game play soo much better

i mean think about it, everyone meeting at the same place at the same time. but when you die...you have to wait 30 sec or longer to respawn, you hear of all these people running around with support guns well those are the noobs that we have on reg bf2 they die alot and hate the respawn, but you'll have that

if your team is filled with snipers which is usually what happens then you will lose. if you squad up with at least 2 medics a resupply maybe a sniper and support class you will do wonders. thats if you work togeather,

on a side note you dont play those other games that much, only on karkand, and mashtuur. but with 15 new maps you wont have to play them all the time and with the objective mode where you have to defend, well you also need to cap the flags like usual to gain controll over what vehicles they get. if they get many its lights out for uav/radar most the time.

Last edited by theCrusifix (2006-05-21 02:14:28)

[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6846|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

Cougar wrote:

No_Smoking wrote:

WTF are you giving shit reasons, 1.5h is not much time, and I hope you have more than 1GIG free on your HDD (c'mon, 750 MB isnt that much)
and ofcourse were you shot from an unknown location, that realism.

I think you're someone who can only play if you know the exact reason of the enemy by UAV.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6822|Computer Chair
Flags need to be capped in the right order.
And that Mini-bird, very much like Joint Operations
Longbow
+163|6780|Odessa, Ukraine
Just played this mode ... only few things are better , on my opinion .

Hydra missiles does more damage - good change , and choper has only 24 of them - also agree , but reload time - better not to reload , every reload you're killed by jet\baseraper\baseraper-in-tank etc .

SIMRAD - I like this thing , Range Finder - this thing is really missin' in vanilla , espeshially for sniper .

MK12 Mod 0 - nice silenced semi-auto sniper rifle.. if this could be unlock in original BF2...

HEAT\SABOT tank\apc shells - thats great .

AK-74 - they made it as in real life

Bleedrate & medic's charges for defibrilator - looks well , more realism

SVD is still less powerful then M24 - bullshit , M24 is more accurate in real life , but at ranges that we have in BF2 they must do same damage

I personally dislike beeing out off crosshairs , yes they don't exist in real life , but in real you feel your gun and you can fire 10-20 methers without aiming , placing rather accurate shots . Why not to do crosshairs that work only at range not more then 20 methers ?

All ather changes - hmm , I have nuff to say .

p/s anyone undestands the reason to replace silenced M92FS with P226 in s\o kit? I don't...

Last edited by Longbow (2006-05-21 06:14:05)

[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!

Longbow wrote:

p/s anyone undestands the reason to replace silenced M92FS with P226 in s\o kit? I don't...
variation, laser pointer? dunno
CrazeD
+368|6806|Maine
I spent 5 hours downloading that, only to find out how much it sucks..

No crosshair, you can't change view in heli's, snipers are horribly inaccurate...not for me I guess.

I appreciate the work that went into the mod, as it is VERY well done..but I guess it's a little too realistic for me.
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
why the fuck is it an MSDOS programm and how do you download it without the probs
theCrusifix
+4|6798|Marshall, IL
MSDOS? dont know what your talking about on that one. explain...
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!

theCrusifix wrote:

MSDOS? dont know what your talking about on that one. explain...
watch this :S

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/bartk/prmm.jpg
https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/bartk/prmm0306.jpg
theCrusifix
+4|6798|Marshall, IL
Is that the latest download for it? you might wanna try getting it again...not sure why that is like that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard