PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6352|Roma

PrivateVendetta wrote:

bought a bigger tub of protein than I have before, and can't find the fucking scooper.
Fuck.
Having to make do with some tupperware I found
Just lost the tupperware in it. wtf.
This tub is going to be more plastic than protein soon.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
gurdeep
­
+812|4915|proll­y
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6820|The darkside of Denver
Well, finally back up to 365lb on my squat.  That broken foot set me back... Next stop, 405lbs.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Like a real stronglifter i squatted 50kg, benched the bar (20kg) and did curls with 4kg Dbs.
I know I know....    jealous much?

first lifting day in like 5-6 weeks. I'm not allowed to do a lot more than just the bar for exercises that involve bending the elbow (so most of em) and may do a little bit more for exercises that dont (hence the low squat). Everything has to be done 3x15, which is a drag considering the low weight.
I'll probably be back to making some real progress in a month or 2
This injury is really no laughing matter. Shitty lifting and physiotherapy, both twice a week.

Running is going great though.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6970|Marathon, Florida Keys

justice wrote:

Ran a 10k today, at the end looked down at my shirt and there was loads of blood around my left nipple (bad day to wear a yellow shirt), and it was painful for about an hour afterwards ...Anybody had that before, any suggestion to prevent that in the future?
Believe it or not when i was fat i wore a shirt while spearfishing and after a few hours my nipples were rubbed raw. Shit was no fun at all.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6266|eXtreme to the maX

Kampframmer wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

weights really screw with my muscle tone.
wat
Doing weights gives me more strength but less control, the difference between developing fast twitch and slow twitch muscles I guess.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

I also ran track a few years of HS, as a sprinter (220). We were prohibited from doing certain leg exercises/routines for fear of bulking up and slowing down. I ran a 4.3 forty . I'm certain my speed is one of the reasons I went so far in soccer. As a striker I was the long ball guy. ie kick it and watch Kerry run ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6451|Washington St.
anybody have experience with MuscleMilk? It seems super faddy to me and the 'bros' drink it but it's pretty cheap at Costco. (6lbs for $40)
It's no spectacular deal but if I can get it immediately and not have to pay for shipping and still have it 1 or 2 dollars cheaper then why not?

Upon further investigatory research, it appears it's CytoSport (who are affiliated with MuscleMilk) and I guess it's fairly decent. Flavor has VERY little to do with my leniency either way. I just want quality.

this is it (but cheaper and from costco obv)

Last edited by pirana6 (2011-09-08 23:36:59)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

I get the 6lb bag of eas whey protein from costco.
https://i.imgur.com/vGPbU.jpg
magic bullet
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6484|New Haven, CT
Resumed lifting five days ago. Squat dropped to 225 (102), bench to 135 (64.1), and I'm again ridiculously sore after workouts. Hoping to regain my old strength levels in a month or so. Jaekus, have you gone back to the gym yet?

Kmar wrote:

I also ran track a few years of HS, as a sprinter (220). We were prohibited from doing certain leg exercises/routines for fear of bulking up and slowing down. I ran a 4.3 forty . I'm certain my speed is one of the reasons I went so far in soccer. As a striker I was the long ball guy. ie kick it and watch Kerry run ..lol
Was Is that electric or hand timed?

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-09-09 00:42:51)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

Hand, averaged.. soccer cleats and grass. Spikes, blocks, and track would have undoubtedly shaved a little bit off.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6484|New Haven, CT
Hand always gives you .25 or .3 seconds though.

Edit: Not trying to disparage you, I'm just searching for explanations because the fastest NFL athletes barely run a 4.3 at the Scouting Combine.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-09-09 17:49:47)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6761|132 and Bush

nukchebi0 wrote:

Hand always gives you .25 or .3 seconds though.

Edit: Not trying to disparage you, I'm just searching for explanations because the fastest NFL athletes barely run a 4.3 at the Scouting Combine.
I know. My boy Warrick Dunn ran a 4.3 forty . I sometimes get flack when telling people that. Luckily I have enough irl friends that know and will vouch for me..lol. Like I said, speed has always been my greatest advantage. If it makes you feel any better anything over 100 yards I start to get pulled by other track athletes. I'm under 6 foot and I can't compete with larger strides.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
but out of the blocks i'd fuck you up ..lol
In football and soccer you don't really need to worry about much more than 40 yards though.
..and no hand does not always cut your time. It's just not as consistent, and that is why it is best to take an average.

btw, i remember being beat once under 100. It was by a guy I worked with at UPS, and it was in the parking lot. I remember thinking what an odd feeling that was.. wtf this dude is passing me (I know it sounds arrogant but that is the truth lol).  He also used to be a wide receiver for the giants, and so a graciously ceded defeat..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6917|Scotland

pirana6 wrote:

anybody have experience with MuscleMilk? It seems super faddy to me and the 'bros' drink it but it's pretty cheap at Costco. (6lbs for $40)
It's no spectacular deal but if I can get it immediately and not have to pay for shipping and still have it 1 or 2 dollars cheaper then why not?

Upon further investigatory research, it appears it's CytoSport (who are affiliated with MuscleMilk) and I guess it's fairly decent. Flavor has VERY little to do with my leniency either way. I just want quality.

this is it (but cheaper and from costco obv)
Not faddy at all. Does the job and is good stuff for the price. Definitely go for it if you can get it on the cheap.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney
Wow, five weeks off and I really suck. Felt nauseous when doing only 80% of normal.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6902|OctoLand
Ran 20K today....feel dead now...but feels good, lol.
I know fucking karate
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6352|Roma
I need a new workout. someone want to make me one?
Started 5x5 in January, swapped it to 3x8 with similar exercises and extras added in.
Thinking another hypotrophy routine, with 3 day split of chest, back and legs/shoulders.
Would like to keep Deadlifts, Squats and barbell rows, would like to swap out bench press for dumbbell press, as I don't like doing it if I'm on my own and don't want to be restricted to doing chest when i have a buddy.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
go from 3x8 to 3x10-12.
So you want a chest-, back- and shoulder/legs-day?
SonderKommando
355lb x2 on bench last night.. was supposed to be 1RM but pushed a solid second rep.

PV anyway you can squeeze a fourth day?  Shoulders (delts, rear delts, and traps) and legs (hammies, glutes, quads, and calves) really need their own days to be worked properly IMO.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2011-09-14 14:05:01)

Sturgeon
+488|5101|Flintshire
Got some new protein and my farts stink like shit and are very very regular
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
SonderKommando

Sturgeon wrote:

Got some new protein and my farts stink like shit and are very very regular
protein farts FTW.  Mine smell like chicken!
Sturgeon
+488|5101|Flintshire
Mine smell like an awful curry and some sort of exotic burnt vegetable
Sturgeon
+488|5101|Flintshire
Only downside is I've got an interview tomorrow
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6352|Roma

SonderKommando wrote:

355lb x2 on bench last night.. was supposed to be 1RM but pushed a solid second rep.

PV anyway you can squeeze a fourth day?  Shoulders (delts, rear delts, and traps) and legs (hammies, glutes, quads, and calves) really need their own days to be worked properly IMO.
I could do 4 day split, but i wouldn't guarantee doing all 4 in a week. I could just cycle them.

3x8 to 3x10, could do. Any thoughts on 10-8-6?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

PrivateVendetta wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

I could do 4 day split, but i wouldn't guarantee doing all 4 in a week. I could just cycle them.

3x8 to 3x10, could do. Any thoughts on 10-8-6?
Im personally not a fan of pyramid sets. I always think that its not as effective as just keeping 1 weight and 1 amount of reps/set for an exercise, and if you do pyramid do 12-10-8(-6).

If you cant be sure on completenig every part of a split then dont do it. If you cycle it around (so not a weekly basis) you will eventaully make mistakes and you cant really afford to lose a day on a split as you wont be training that muscle (as intense) for a whole week.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard