Stimey
­
+786|6273|Ontario | Canada
Also you can't delete that post. In no way does it breach any of the forum rules.
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

There's plenty of pirate forums out there if you want to bemoan the lack of a pirated copy of this game. Did you even play the demo?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

In other news, my Collector's Edition arrived today from Ye Olde England. The only other things I can remember having bought in pounds were the DoW2 Retribution collector's edition, Going Postal (DVD) and some Discworld calendars.

It's a nice big CE box built in a proper bulky style. The purity seal was made in China. A bit low on other extras, but it wasn't that expensive.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6844|Devon, England
Just went to pick this up before work and apparently the delivery isn't in yet D:

Hoping a friend can buy it me while I'm at work.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6728|London
Tried the demo. Apart from the 40K IP it seems utterly forgettable.

Although I assume you get to play as a dreadnought by the end of the game, which on it's own is enough reason for me to try the full game.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6592|Brisbane, Australia

You dont play as a dreadnought at any stage apparently. I agree about the 40k IP being the only thing that really makes it worth playing. It isnt bad but is pretty repetitive. I dont regret buying it but without the IP behind it it wouldnt be much fun I dont think.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Ending sucked almost as much as the one for vanilla Divinity 2. I don't mind the tone of it, just the bloody fucking cliffhanger.

Overall, it was pretty fun. Just a bit more empty corridors than I expected, and not nearly enough WAAAAGH death charges.
FFLink
There is.
Multiplayer is awesome.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

I intended to play that today, but then I got sucked into playing a Red Faction: Guerrilla that didn't lag. The destruction is MARVELOUS when it's running smoothly.
FFLink
There is.
It's seriously awesome. Balance is great for a release game, customisation is spot on and combat is just brilliant.

Few lag issues and some random freeze up at lobbies, but you can't expect a game to work perfectly on release, nowadays.

Ranked straight up to 15 with friends tonight. Such a good game.

Not sure how it will play out, though, when everything's unlocked.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

FFLink wrote:

Not sure how it will play out, though, when everything's unlocked.
This is one of those universes where "eliting" would actually have a point. Start over to unlock more visual gear.

...OR to unlock it for Dawn of War 2: Retribution.

It would be awesome if the two games synergized.
FFLink
There is.

Me and some friends playing.
TimmmmaaaaH

Man, the multiplayer is not far off being a lot of fun. If it didn't have matchmaking, auto muted everyone, pretty much removed lascannons entirely and dropped the stupid "higher lever has better weapons and shield than you" stuff. But that will never happen in any game ever again it seems.

I mean I still overall have fun playing it, but it wouldn't take much to really improve it.
FFLink
There is.
They've already commented on implementing mute-all and push to talk.

Las Cannon isn't that bad, the Plasma Cannon is a lot worse.
TimmmmaaaaH

It is really just that map with the big open section in the middle where they can cover most of the map and the points on the sides are either exposed or not easily reachable by jump pack.

I only play as assault btw, maybe that skews my perceptions.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

If one kit dominated the entire game, it wouldn't be very balanced.
Stimey
­
+786|6273|Ontario | Canada
So what are the types of Marines you get to play during the game?
­
­
­
­
­
­
FFLink
There is.
Tactical, Assault and Devestator

Tactical Marine gets:

Bolter
Scoped Bolter
Meltagun (Shotgun)
Vengeance Launcher
StormBolter
Plasma Gun

Devestator gets:

Heavy Bolter
Lascannon
Plasma Cannon
Maybe something else...

Assault gets:

Chainsword
Power Axe
Power Hammer
Power Sword

All classes get the bolter pistol.

Individual class and weapon perks, too.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Whose brilliant fucking idea was it to make assault marines explode when they die? The radius and damage of it is stupid. Even jetting away after he falls doesn't get me out in time, and forget it if I took a devastator kit.

Decrease the radius or lower the damage. Either of those, or it needs to go away. Shit belongs in CoD.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

In all, still a fun game.

Chaos Undivided:

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559793818461353969/88C0303CAF8145BA2AD315AF5AA39F569D6FAB8F/
TimmmmaaaaH

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Whose brilliant fucking idea was it to make assault marines explode when they die? The radius and damage of it is stupid. Even jetting away after he falls doesn't get me out in time, and forget it if I took a devastator kit.

Decrease the radius or lower the damage. Either of those, or it needs to go away. Shit belongs in CoD.
Haha, god damnit. I havent encountered this.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Haha, god damnit. I havent encountered this.
Apparently it's an assault perk. Die and your jet pack blows up. Makes sense, but the radius is such that you either need devastator health bonus, a lucky tactical roll away or an immediate assault jet-away. You're screwed if you're in the middle of a melee attack.

I'd be happy with either reducing the damage done or reducing the radius. Happier with the radius, though. The perk should be useful, but not someone's primary method of attack. I've had enough of that in CoD.

To the game's credit, I've played way longer than I intended to tonight. It's finally starting to pay for itself after the anti-climactic campaign ending.
FFLink
There is.
It's annoying at first, but it's so obvious that after a while you just naturally flee when you hear the beeping. I really don't mind it compared to Martydom in CoD, because it's just so obvious.

Can't remember the last time I died by one.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Chaos Undivided:

Pimp suit. Do you need to reach a certain level to start modifying your suit?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Blade4509 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Chaos Undivided:

Pimp suit. Do you need to reach a certain level to start modifying your suit?
If not at level 1, then at level 4. You have to set it before joining a game, or while waiting for the next map to start. Clicking on the configuration name lets you edit it, and highlighting the button to the left of each one sets it for the next game.

FFLink wrote:

It's annoying at first, but it's so obvious that after a while you just naturally flee when you hear the beeping. I really don't mind it compared to Martydom in CoD, because it's just so obvious.

Can't remember the last time I died by one.
So much noise going on that I don't really hear it. I just do my best to dodge each dead assault kit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard