Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Lemme tune that a bit.

Kmar wrote:

Some alcohol drinks [s]should[s] are supposed to be cut with ice cubes or crushed ice.
There
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Ultrafunkula wrote:

We get ice in our drinks over hia. Come to think of it, I got ice in my drinks in Mehiko at the cruise ports. Didn't get aids or my stomach turned inside out tho. But put one piece of ice in a drink at the canary isles and I'll be in the shitter for days.
Try that in mexico city. it also depends on how fast you finish your drink. derp
Man up and just ask for a glass of tap water if ur so confident tough guy.

You couldnt pay me enough to drink the tap water in Caracas.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Lemme tune that a bit.

Kmar wrote:

Some alcohol drinks [s]should[s] are supposed to be cut with ice cubes or crushed ice.
There
When you drink tequila on the rocks you want it toned down when you get to the bottom of the glass.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ultrafunkula

Kmar wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

We get ice in our drinks over hia. Come to think of it, I got ice in my drinks in Mehiko at the cruise ports. Didn't get aids or my stomach turned inside out tho. But put one piece of ice in a drink at the canary isles and I'll be in the shitter for days.
Try that in mexico city. it also depends on how fast you finish your drink. derp
Man up and just ask for a glass of tap water if ur so confident tough guy.

You couldnt pay me enough to drink the tap water in Caracas.
Tbh the reason why I didn't get my belly broken was probably due to those sites we were at were mainly built by a couple cruise companies who deliver their own booze and water there But ye, I wouldn't try that elsewhere in Mexico Oh, man I miss those mojitos and daiquiris at the beach. Last time at the canary isles I even used bottled water when I brushed my teeth and got the shits anyway
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK
Some parts of Europe don't put ice in. Though you'll probably find the glass was frosted (i.e. been in a freezer
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
My drinks always came nice and cold in chilled glasses. I don't know if that's what you mean by frosted.

Way better than ice.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ultrafunkula

Like Buckles said, the glasses have been in a freezer so they have this thin layer of frost. Usually done so with shot glasses like for Jäger or such. Keeps the drink cold that short moment longer if you need to take a platter of them to the table for the rest of the folk with you.

Like so.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qX80cspN-J8/TOqIUjCixuI/AAAAAAAAAQM/D8XayTA9vS4/s1600/joulu-kylma-1.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/food/20 … ice-cubes/
One explanation I’ve heard elsewhere, and which may hold some truth, is that Europeans see ice as taking up valuable real estate in the glass, so that they would feel cheated if they got too much ice and too little beverage. This theory has two problems: It doesn’t explain, again, why water shouldn’t be served with ice, and it doesn’t take into account the fact that one is often served a whole can or bottle of soda, which could then be used to refill the glass. My guess on the first issue is that drinking water with a meal is (or at least was) less common in Europe than here—a Parisian waiter once sarcastically presented my requested water as “Champagne”—and since no one had become accustomed to ice in drinks the preference carried over to water.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/20 … ef=opinion

I like a sipping drink with ice, personally.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Like Buckles said, the glasses have been in a freezer so they have this thin layer of frost. Usually done so with shot glasses like Jäger.
They do the same thing here. In some places they do that with salad bowls as well.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ultrafunkula

Kmar wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Like Buckles said, the glasses have been in a freezer so they have this thin layer of frost. Usually done so with shot glasses like Jäger.
They do the same thing here. In some places they do that with salad bowls as well.
Salad bowls?

Never seen that.
Ultrafunkula

Hmm.. Maybe it's the water those frozen pints that mess up my stomach at the canary isles. Who knows. We'll see in december again
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Salad bowls?

Never seen that.
Oh yea.. I even do that if I'm serving up a salad to someone worthy ..lol. A lot of nicer restaraunts do it. It's presentation more than anything I think. You certainly don't want a warm or hot salad bowl.

the little things, ya know.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ultrafunkula

Kmar wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Salad bowls?

Never seen that.
Oh yea.. I even do that if I'm serving up a salad to someone worthy ..lol. A lot of nicer restaraunts do it. It's presentation more than anything I think. You certainly don't want a warm or hot salad bowl.

the little things, ya know.
Yeh, I know what you mean. Thinking of it, sometimes it's good for preserveving the foods too. Some weeks ago we went to serve drinks with my buddy to a party and did some other kitchen stuff too. The food was right there on the table the whole time and not in the cold. Majority had been there standing on the table for who knows how long. We looked at eachother and decided we ain't gonna eat any of that... In the end the lady asked have we had a chance to eat. I was panicing to come up with some lies but my friend saved the situation by saying, we're grown men, we have taken care of ourselves. Ordered pizzas after we got back home...
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

Nic wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I ask for no ice. ice waters my drink down
If your ice melts you are taking to long with it anyways... time for a new one.
not really, also with ice you get less value for money, and it alters the test of the drink.

e: the ice starts melting the second you put the glass in, making the top layer of the beverage slightly watered down, so every sip is slightly watered down. Down the bottom might still be fresh, but you dont rink that part.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2011-09-05 00:47:49)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
Never noticed it.
Did notice how none of the Americans in Arizona drank the water from their own taps though. Bottled water is such a waste of money.
But the water did taste weird, had to put it in a bottle and leave it in the fridge for a bit to make it easily drinkable
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I remember when I went to Paris a few years ago that practically no restaurants served their drinks on ice. No problem for me as they were usually well-chilled to begin with, but it did strike me as odd. Any reason as to why?
Don't like their booze watered down.

Same reason they don't serve American 'beer'.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
why that's just a waste of valuable alcohol space!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Ultrafunkula

Adams_BJ wrote:

the ice starts melting the second you put the glass in, making the top layer of the beverage slightly watered down, so every sip is slightly watered down. Down the bottom might still be fresh, but you dont rink that part.
That actually depends on the drink. In some cases the water is heavier and sinks below the alcohol.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Solution: Order a beer.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
I've heard of places in London being sued when people choke on ice, so may be some places see it as a legal risk lol...I'm not one for ice anyway.

Last edited by justice (2011-09-05 04:37:02)

I know fucking karate
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
fuck the ice, I would settle for free refills on water or soft drinks!!
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Free refills is such an American thing.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Jenspm wrote:

Free refills is such an American thing.
and kinda hard to live without once you had it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Ice is for cocktails, apart from that no drink should have ice.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
What? I never have ice in my cocktails.
I know fucking karate

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard