BVC
+325|6703
Does this happen often in your country?

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/manawatust … 03,00.html
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6701|San Francisco
Once again, it's an abrupt culture clash.  Chinese culture has been severely influenced by Mao, and it's really easy for people who haven't lived under the Maoist regime or haven't lived in that type of society to view it all objectively and think "people should just take it lightly!"  Is it so wrong that their culture is important to them?
MooseRyder
+37|6662|Montréal, Canada
we have that kind of stuff once in awhile here, not really often though.

last one i heard is, about a kid that had a religion that you need to like carry a little knife on him all the time. im not sure exaclty which religion it was but, the school didnt want him to let him in with it, so well the media start talkinga bout it and shit.

Conlcusion. they put a safety lock on the knife holder so he cant take off the knife out of the case and still can come to school with it.

the knife was maybe 4 inches long and you werent even abble to cut shit with it. They were scared he would try poking someone with it .

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-18 19:32:26)

yerded
Bertinator
+255|6644|Westminster, California
Yeah it happens here; recently we had our "day with out an immigrant" protests where about a millions asshats           { as I've been so eloquently called by some mods } protested for their illegal rights.
Result;
Everybody enjoyed in L.A. freeways without all the mexicans and almost all businesses where open. Moral?:
They have to make a whole lot more noise before anybody cares. In fact, them being noisy does more to make them unpopular than anything.
     You gotta love it when godless commies protest for communisim in a free country instead of just going back to whatever dungpile wasteland that brain dead idea came from. Fuck em , I say.
MooseRyder
+37|6662|Montréal, Canada
well what i dont understand is, they come to your/mine country to have a better life, knowing the laws before they come in (if they dont well its not our fuckin problem). then after awhile in their new country, they start bitching that they want better and better and better. I mean fuck! If you dont like what you have here, get the fuck out period. I mean we never ask for anyone to come in here so why should we start making special laws for them, make no sense to me. Idk sometime i get pissed off at those people when they start being picky and shit.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6851|Bryan/College Station, TX
The Constitution is clear on all sorts of things. As long as you do not harm or intend to bring harm to any other person then you are pretty much free to practice whatever you wish. The only thing I disagree with is equal opportunity. There is a certain level of this that I appreciate and think is good however it has gone a bit too far in some cases. Prejiduce due to skin color and nationality is more reinforced by economic status and religion than anyother factor. Why does the white woman clutch their purse when passing a black dude. Because she is afraid that they will steal the purse. Why would they steal the purse? Because a majority of black Americans are in the lower economic bracket. She would do the same thing while passing a trashed out looking bum or in some cases redneck trailer trash. I think there is more an economic discrimination these days than racial discrimination.

At least that's my observation and opinon on the matter.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6668|Just Outside Seattle
Is it terrible, that I couldn't help but giggle at the cover??? As for minorities complaining about racism, I think that in America at least, racism exists to some degree; however some civil rights activists shoot themselves in the foot, by making a big deal out of minor things, and then when something truly horrible happens people are too tired of them to be as sympathetic as they otherwise might be.

Edited for grammar

Last edited by Not Entirely Sane (2006-05-18 22:15:32)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569
They're free to protest though, and it's a pretty serious issue to them.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6845
Isn't Mao the all time winner for Genocide against his own people from 1960 to 1989. Am I wrong ?
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6662|United States of America
I hate it when Majorities cry discrimination for the minorities just so they can say things like "I feel your Pain" and call other people racist. 

I am sure I am a racist for say this though.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

Horseman 77 wrote:

Isn't Mao the all time winner for Genocide against his own people from 1960 to 1989. Am I wrong ?
No, you're right.  Stalin does pretty well to, though, and there are many in Russia who wish he was still alive.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6720|Wherever the F**k i feel like

Pubic wrote:

Does this happen often in your country?

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/manawatust … 03,00.html
All to often. I say let the communist whine. If they love thier communist leader so much why the hell arnt they in china right now? same for people in america who want america to be communist. If you want fucking communism then move to China.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

All to often. I say let the communist whine. If they love thier communist leader so much why the hell arnt they in china right now? same for people in america who want america to be communist. If you want fucking communism then move to China.
Maybe because China *isn't* communist?  Not only that, they might respect Mao but feel the current government has twisted his ideal (which is true in the same way that Lenin twisted, or "reimagined" as he put it, Marx' ideals.

Not only that, but if they're students they may well be going back after they've finished studying.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-05-20 20:50:37)

shellshox345
+4|6700
My dad said that if you are black its worth like 100pts on the SAT or something like that. Plus there's the whole Affirmative Action thing where a certain percentage of workers/students have to be black (or any Minority). So when you think about it, racism has gone the other way.
SiMSaM16
+48|6701|United States of America
A lot of people use the "Race Card" in the United States.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6720|Wherever the F**k i feel like

Bubbalo wrote:

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

Maybe because China *isn't* communist?  Not only that, they might respect Mao but feel the current government has twisted his ideal (which is true in the same way that Lenin twisted, or "reimagined" as he put it, Marx' ideals.

Not only that, but if they're students they may well be going back after they've finished studying.
China isnt communist? Ok they run a fake demorcacy. Are you happy now? Either way its all a corrupt conglomerate of the few ruling the many, when it should be the many ruling the few
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6800|Jupiter
Gingers are a minority... And we are discriminated.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

I used to be friends with a whole family of gingers before they moved out of state. I was subject to much scrutiny at school because of it.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

China isnt communist? Ok they run a fake demorcacy. Are you happy now? Either way its all a corrupt conglomerate of the few ruling the many, when it should be the many ruling the few
Which means moving to China would solve nothing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

I used to be friends with a whole family of gingers before they moved out of state. I was subject to much scrutiny at school because of it.
I openly admit, I have never heard of the term "ginger" , who in the world are you guys referring to??
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6661

lowing wrote:

I openly admit, I have never heard of the term "ginger" , who in the world are you guys referring to??
Red hair.  See "Red hair in popular culture" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair for a definition of "gingerphobia".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard