RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6555|Area 51

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Commander isn't that important. I'm glad I won't hear "ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED" every 0.1 seconds from a spamming commander. Too many commanders didn't do their job anyways, so I'm not concerned with it's removal.

I do hope they add more mechanical sounding gun sounds.
Commanders for one are important.

Second that wasn't the point.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6678|"The Empire"

SonderKommando wrote:

I think its a little ridiculous to make these bfbc comments when all we played was the alpha version of a rush map with one vehicle.
I thought during the Alpaha trial it looked like an updated BFBC2, then i watched Caspian Border vid and changed my mind.

We just need to see more maps vehicles etc..
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459

RDMC wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Commander isn't that important. I'm glad I won't hear "ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED" every 0.1 seconds from a spamming commander. Too many commanders didn't do their job anyways, so I'm not concerned with it's removal.

Commanders were important for making BF2 fucking frustrating as hell.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5348|London, England
I think I had a 2/3 victory percentage as commander. An active commander was a godsend.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5027|Massachusetts, USA
Shifty shouldn't be allowed in any battlefield section anymore.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6555|Area 51

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

RDMC wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Commanders were important for making BF2 fucking frustrating as hell.
Thenurdoinitrongm8
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
Being commander was fun, like playing a strategy game. The only problem was that squad leaders didn't always follow your orders.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5348|London, England
I found that most of them would if you didn't give them direct orders. Like: "Hey, there's no one guarding the alleyway! Squad A and B, can you head over there?". As long as you followed up with it, gave them UAV support and spotting, they were usually willing to follow whatever instructions you provided after that. If you gave the order and then left the UAV on the hotel for points people would just ignore you.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5499|America

Superior Mind wrote:

The only problem was that squad leaders didn't always follow your orders.
This was by far the biggest problem. It doesn't matter if your the best commander alive. No one in a pub EVER listens to you, but they sure didn't have a problem requesting artillery drops.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6302

Then there are people that C4 jump onto a roof then ask the commander for supplies when the battle's taking place at the complete opposite end of the map.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5464|Ventura, California

Superior Mind wrote:

Being commander was fun, like playing a strategy game. The only problem was that squad leaders didn't always follow your orders.
That's the thing. I've played as commander a lot in BF2 and BF2142, but squad leaders rarely listen to orders. Commanders are useful and extremely so in a match but in a public server they're just annoying.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5675|SQUID

AussieReaper wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

And why the heck wouldn't you want loud cool mechanical sounding guns?
If you had fired these guns, you would know that you get a ringing in your ears. Constant fire will cause you hearing damage. Hence the reason you wear ear muffs at the gun range.

Do you really want to deafen gamers who are wearing headsets with the volume turned up in the hope of hearing enemy footsteps, for the sake of realism?

Stop trolling, trolly mc troll person.
Hence why soldiers wear hearing protection these days.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I just don't understand why the heck everybody doesn't give a crap about anything being done right.

If you like the first sounds better than the modded sounds I donno what the heck is wrong with you.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6317|Australia

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

That's the thing. I've played as commander a lot in BF2 and BF2142, but squad leaders rarely listen to orders. Commanders are useful and extremely so in a match but in a public server they're just annoying.
TBH I'd rather have a bit of spam and know where the enemies are then run around blind in silence.

I'm wondering what they'll do with commander in BF3. It seems odd that they'd leave the position out entirely and just leave 8 squads running around like headless chooks. Then again, BF2 commander was nowhere near flawless; If one side had a commander and one didn't - or worse, had a commander that did nothing - then it made the battle very one sided. It could also be a pain when you want to run around and shoot shit, but you end up being the one having to sit back and command. It seems kind of odd, now that I think about it: jumping into a FPS and just end up sitting off in a corner somewhere directing people around.
I think I might need to tweet Demize about and see if he'll respond.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Well, when I did play commander in BF2/BF2142 I did a darn fine job if I may brag a little. Although, as it was somewhat boring I'd do it when I had like pistachio nuts and something to drink next to me, or some chips and salsa, etc. I'd never just sit there and stare at the screen while sitting in a corner of the map. Was too boring without the food/drinks
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6314|Graz, Austria
BF2142 had the best points reward system for squads so far, which directly led to more people squadding up and following the commander's orders, as you could get much more points that way.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6678|"The Empire"
When i was commander nobody really followed orders.

When i was a squad leader i never really did what the commander said.

Would you sit guarding a flag while everyone else was throwing medic packs and reviving non stop with the rest of your team.

Really commander was just for UAV's, spotting and supplies. Artillery was picked where you thought you could get the most kills, not where the squad leader wanted it. And as for orders....
Roc18
`
+655|5781|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well, when I did play commander in BF2/BF2142 I did a darn fine job if I may brag a little. Although, as it was somewhat boring I'd do it when I had like pistachio nuts and something to drink next to me, or some chips and salsa, etc. I'd never just sit there and stare at the screen while sitting in a corner of the map. Was too boring without the food/drinks
lol
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.
console haters gonna hate

https://i.imgur.com/HduSS.jpg

let em. ours will be better
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6727|Oxferd Ohire
doesnt really work since its bf3
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
GullyFoyle
+25|5377

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

TBH I'd rather have a bit of spam and know where the enemies are then run around blind in silence.

I'm wondering what they'll do with commander in BF3. It seems odd that they'd leave the position out entirely and just leave 8 squads running around like headless chooks. Then again, BF2 commander was nowhere near flawless; If one side had a commander and one didn't - or worse, had a commander that did nothing - then it made the battle very one sided. It could also be a pain when you want to run around and shoot shit, but you end up being the one having to sit back and command. It seems kind of odd, now that I think about it: jumping into a FPS and just end up sitting off in a corner somewhere directing people around.
They already said definitively that there be no commander.  They said they will be pushing the commander functions down to the lower levels, which could conceivably be the squad leaders, but they haven't elaborated beyond that point.  When the alpha started, players could only spawn on their squad leader, but they recinded that before GamesCom, saying that the attackers lack of progress on Operation Metro was due to the spawn mechanic limitations.  The only other function announced for Squad leaders is some kind of waypoint/destination setting function.
They listed a ton of gadgets on the data sheets at GamesCom, but haven't mentioned if any of them will be squad leader specific.  It would be cool if some of them were, like the MAV.
Laika
+75|5934
Like honestly, what the heck you guys?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6699|England. Stoke

GullyFoyle wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

They already said definitively that there be no commander.  They said they will be pushing the commander functions down to the lower levels, which could conceivably be the squad leaders, but they haven't elaborated beyond that point.  When the alpha started, players could only spawn on their squad leader, but they recinded that before GamesCom, saying that the attackers lack of progress on Operation Metro was due to the spawn mechanic limitations.  The only other function announced for Squad leaders is some kind of waypoint/destination setting function.
They listed a ton of gadgets on the data sheets at GamesCom, but haven't mentioned if any of them will be squad leader specific.  It would be cool if some of them were, like the MAV.
Half the time the "attackers lack of progress on Operation Metro" was due to the fact that the spawn was bugged and in the majority of rounds I played you couldn't spawn on anyone...
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5744|Roma

coke wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Half the time the "attackers lack of progress on Operation Metro" was due to the fact that the spawn was bugged and in the majority of rounds I played you couldn't spawn on anyone...
The main problem was that people would all rush from the front and camp in one place and start spamming Q and get frag kills, completely forgetting about the OBJ. The last 2 mcoms in the map are very easy to arm. yet people would just run inside the two buildings and just camp there. The spawn has very little to do with the "attackers lack of progress".

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-08-24 09:55:32)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Well the snipers can call in artillery, the support can give out ammo, and the whatever can deploy UAV's, and there's also little UAVs to pilot, so the commander functions are covered by the players now, and there's no need for a commander.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard