SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6584|Mountains of NC

Shocking wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

i really hate these hypothetical odds .......... everyone has the exact same odds unless you lock yourself in a padded room and never come out
why do you need a gun anyway? People like you and sonder could just throw whichever heavy object is at hand, problem solved.
same reason I joined the military ... I would step in front of bullet to protect you and I carry to protect my family ( also for the job )

but
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

Well maybe not all people need to defend their house from crazed dopefiends trying to kill their family on daily basis like you're trying to portray here and their govt. just won't let them. not every country is like US, not everyone feels threatened all the time (because there is NO real threat for the 99.999 of the time here).
Crazy idea but you know, more guns doesn't really mean more safety.
you live in a society where criminals are made to feel comfortable stealing from you, because they know, you won't do anything about it. and to tell me that the cops are your solution is ridiculous. I intend to not become victimized, not be a part of whatever crime scene the cops are called in to clean up.

I am safer with my gun in my nightstand or on my hip. Why? because our criminals DO carry fuckin guns. and it is futile to get into a chicken or egg debate over it. I carry because criminals carry, and I will give myself a chance at defending against them.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6015|...
Yeah I get it

TBH if I were an American I'd probably have an arsenal myself as well
inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Shocking wrote:

Yeah I get it

TBH if I were an American I'd probably have an arsenal myself as well
Ya know what. Can't lie, as an American and a gun owner and carrier, I can tell you that most of those that post in this forum probably are right not to carry guns, they do not have a calm and rational demeanor about them. Sounds like they would snap and start shooting form the hip much like they do from the mouth.. They need to be more calm like me.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6700|United States of America
You seem to have the calm down. Rational, I dunno sometimes.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

DesertFox- wrote:

You seem to have the calm down. Rational, I dunno sometimes.
Thats fair. The only ones that I need to appear rational to, are my family co-workers and friends. I am not running for office, nor am I trying to sell anything. I just have my opinions like everyone else. I am never in trouble and my beliefs work for me.
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6361|Slovenia

lowing wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

Well maybe not all people need to defend their house from crazed dopefiends trying to kill their family on daily basis like you're trying to portray here and their govt. just won't let them. not every country is like US, not everyone feels threatened all the time (because there is NO real threat for the 99.999 of the time here).
you live in a society where criminals are made to feel comfortable stealing from you, because they know, you won't do anything about it. and to tell me that the cops are your solution is ridiculous. I intend to not become victimized, not be a part of whatever crime scene the cops are called in to clean up.

I am safer with my gun in my nightstand or on my hip. Why? because our criminals DO carry fuckin guns. and it is futile to get into a chicken or egg debate over it. I carry because criminals carry, and I will give myself a chance at defending against them.
Criminals are not feeling comfortable, most of the time the local police already know who to question first, who's the prime suspect, etc when it happens. Because there's a really small percentage of population that's doing this stuff. Murders happen very rarely, most of the crime stats are filled with burglaries. And the police ARE my solution, unless there's a life threatening or some very serious situation, I'm not gonna take a law into my hands, that's why they are there.
And usually people get their stuff back. And even if they don't, buy it again, forget it, get over it. Shit happens and the odds of you getting robbed again are very small.
But I guess your world is a different world and maybe you do need a gun to feel safe, I don't know. But don't try to impose your views of safety to others and making our governments look like shit cos they don't allow everyone who can write to carry a gun. Again, gun doesn't mean increased safety here and there's no need for your gun laws in every country.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

lowing wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

Criminals are not feeling comfortable, most of the time the local police already know who to question first, who's the prime suspect, etc when it happens. Because there's a really small percentage of population that's doing this stuff. Murders happen very rarely, most of the crime stats are filled with burglaries. And the police ARE my solution, unless there's a life threatening or some very serious situation, I'm not gonna take a law into my hands, that's why they are there.
And usually people get their stuff back. And even if they don't, buy it again, forget it, get over it. Shit happens and the odds of you getting robbed again are very small.
But I guess your world is a different world and maybe you do need a gun to feel safe, I don't know. But don't try to impose your views of safety to others and making our governments look like shit cos they don't allow everyone who can write to carry a gun. Again, gun doesn't mean increased safety here and there's no need for your gun laws in every country.
Nope we live in the same world. We just have different govts. and ours does not allow everyone that can write the privilege of gun ownership. There is a strict criteria, mainly you have to have proven yourself a responsible citizen by not having a criminal record. By law, only law abiding citizens are allowed to own guns here.

Quick question though, if the local police know who to question first all the time, then it must be safe to assume that the person they are questioning has a history of criminal behavior such as burglary. Hate to say this but, it sounds like your usual suspect is pretty comfortable do it.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6543|London (At Heart)

Just as a heads up, got a call a little while back and someone's been arrested, they did a line up with me before hand so I think they waited for the git
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6361|Slovenia
@lowing

We obviously don't, there's NO NEED to carry a gun around here nor to keep it at home. There isn't. It's not like the crime stats are skyhigh and the govt. just won't let us carry guns. We have other problems to deal with, crime on this level just isn't one of them.

And my case was about petty crimes, like stealing a toaster or 50 EUR from someone, you don't get prison time here for that. So combined with the fact that most of our cities have a population of about 10-20k, there's a quick way of finding this guy again if he has some previous records.
If the continues to break the law though, he might be facing some jail time.

Last edited by BlAiR_AgaiN (2011-08-20 15:21:28)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6015|Vortex Ring State

lowing wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

epic derail there shifty

anyways

if I walked in on a burglar, it would depend on how big the guy is

if he looks tiny/younger/small, imma shank him

if he's bigger/buffer/etc, I'll just let him call and call the police
lol again with an equalizer size doesn't matter.
yeah if I had a gun, nope

but I don't

so size does matter
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

@lowing

We obviously don't, there's NO NEED to carry a gun around here nor to keep it at home. There isn't. It's not like the crime stats are skyhigh and the govt. just won't let us carry guns. We have other problems to deal with, crime on this level just isn't one of them.

And my case was about petty crimes, like stealing a toaster or 50 EUR from someone, you don't get prison time here for that. So combined with the fact that most of our cities have a population of about 10-20k, there's a quick way of finding this guy again if he has some previous records.
If the continues to break the law though, he might be facing some jail time.
You gotta get rid of this notion that everyone here is a paranoid basket case. Comparatively speaking very few of us carry guns every day. I happen to be one that does. I am not paranoid, nor do I walk around thinking something is going to happen. I am just prepared if it does. nothing more nothing less. Over here we do not consider burglary as a petty crime. It is a felony and is dealt with as such.
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6361|Slovenia
I know that not everyone is like this lowing. But the whole point you were trying to make is that we are in wrong because we don't meet burglars with guns, like you do. And there's one of our differences, we just don't view this kind of things like you do. Maybe we would have, if we had piles of  illegal guns floating around.
Thank god we don't.

Last edited by BlAiR_AgaiN (2011-08-20 15:52:43)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

I know that not everyone is like this lowing. But the whole point you were trying to make is that we are in wrong because we don't meet burglars with guns, like you do. And there's one of our differences, we just don't view this kind of things like you do. Maybe we would have, if we had piles of  illegal guns floating around.
Thank god we don't.
Never said you were wrong. I think it is absurd to LET someone steal from you because you think your efforts and its rewards are not worth defending against those that simply choose to victimize you. That is what this is about, it isn't about guns. It is about standing up and not allow yourself to become a victim.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

A) Tell them to fuck off.

Failing that...

B) Throw something and attack with something else.

Failing that...

C) Bail.
give me strength
And why is that?

I'd get my mam to call the police (assuming they even turn up in time), and confront them with my dad and my brother. Verbal would be first, followed by physical. I'm not going to jump in and start cracking skulls with a bat if I can get them out without taking anything. I'd let the police deal with them then.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5769|Roma

Shocking wrote:

Some guys broke in my house a few months ago. One entered my room, as soon as he saw me he asked some question and ran out (tripped over the stairs as well lol).

All happened in maybe 20-30 seconds, didn't really react much - for all I knew it could've been my landlord letting people in, happens sometimes.
what do you mean ask some questions?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

A) Tell them to fuck off.

Failing that...

B) Throw something and attack with something else.

Failing that...

C) Bail.
give me strength
And why is that?

I'd get my mam to call the police (assuming they even turn up in time), and confront them with my dad and my brother. Verbal would be first, followed by physical. I'm not going to jump in and start cracking skulls with a bat if I can get them out without taking anything. I'd let the police deal with them then.
well mainly because you are not armed, secondly, I wonder what the criminal is gunna do while he waits for you to call your big brother and your dad, and your mam to call the police. I tell ya, you guys must have the most polite, courteous, respectful and honor criminals in all the world.

Would you offer him some tea while you all wait for the cops and the rest of your family to show up as well?

I mean all I here from you all is all the different things you would do, as if you would have the time to do any of them

Call your family to help
Call the police to get the guy
Put together a paper weight that looks like a gun from pieces in 2 different safes
tell him to GTFO, and if that didn't work..... yada yada yada yada

You guys really need to come down to reality and that is, you do not have time to any of those things, you do not know if he is armed or not, all you are doing is guessing and hoping. THAT, is not self defense.

Last edited by lowing (2011-08-21 09:06:39)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

give me strength
And why is that?

well mainly because you are not armed, secondly, I wonder what the criminal is gunna do while he waits for you to call your big brother and your dad, and your mam to call the police. I tell ya, you guys must have the most polite, courteous, respectful and honor criminals in all the world.

Would you offer him some tea while you all wait for the cops and the rest of your family to show up as well?
A bat or even just the sight of the homeowner will send most people running mate. Burglars by and large are not big tough supercriminals needing a few rounds to drop or scare off.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2011-08-21 09:05:03)

13rin
+977|6495

Kampframmer wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

I really don't understand why should anyone be pulling a gun on the burglar trying to steal some stuff. If you're capable maybe try to catch him and smack him once or twice around the head and call the police, but if he's armed, let him go. Why getting into a possible lethal situation over some property, it's just plain stupid.
Because he is inside your house!
That's against the constitution and makes him a freedom hatind, flag burning terrorist!
SHOOT THE FUCKER ON SIGHT
Don't be retarded.  If he's armed, let him go???  If he's armed and you aren't, then that decision is not yours to make.  Besides being a burglar, Maybe the guy is a rapist too and hoping to catch yer' gal.  Bottom line is that he shouldn't be there and being a passive bitch doesn't work.... Just ask France.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

And why is that?

A bat or even just the sight of the homeowner will send most people running mate. Burglars by and large are not big tough supercriminals needing a few rounds to drop or scare off.
Burglars have balls enough to break into someones home, they have balls enough to defend themselves. At the very least, you should assume so.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

13rin wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

I really don't understand why should anyone be pulling a gun on the burglar trying to steal some stuff. If you're capable maybe try to catch him and smack him once or twice around the head and call the police, but if he's armed, let him go. Why getting into a possible lethal situation over some property, it's just plain stupid.
Because he is inside your house!
That's against the constitution and makes him a freedom hatind, flag burning terrorist!
SHOOT THE FUCKER ON SIGHT
Don't be retarded.  If he's armed, let him go???  If he's armed and you aren't, then that decision is not yours to make.  Besides being a burglar, Maybe the guy is a rapist too and hoping to catch yer' gal.  Bottom line is that he shouldn't be there and being a passive bitch doesn't work.... Just ask France.
lol wow
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

Burglars have balls enough to break into someones home, they have balls enough to defend themselves. At the very least, you should assume so.
Which is why I would first tell them to fuck off, and if they didn't I would hit them.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Which is why I would first tell them to fuck off, and if they didn't I would hit them.
Awesome! Nothing like bringing a fist to knife or gun fight!! Go get'em tiger...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

Awesome! Nothing like bringing a fist to knife or gun fight!! Go get'em tiger...
/facepalm
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

lowing wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

/facepalm
funny, that is what I was thinking of you when you told me you were gunna turn hero and hit someone you know nothing about.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard