FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

supporting wall lowing. that could be a bedroom wall for example. doesn't have to be in a random outhouse
So you like your chances with your scenario of trying to open a safe with an unloaded gun it, while confronting someone breaking into your house that in all probability has a weapon.

My home pistol is loaded and in our nightstand. ready to go. You are allowed to own a gun, you just cant have it loaded? lol what you are allowed to own is a gun shaped paper weight. To many variables involved to be an affective means of defense. Variables criminals do not have to deal with. By your laws, criminals have the upper hand in dealing with you.
takes me exactly how long to open a safe i know the combo for and load shells into a shotgun? under a minute if?

and this is based on america, if someone broke into my house the chance they even have a firearm is low low low
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

FatherTed wrote:

i'd rather a 0% and a loss of a dvd player for example
Ever consider the odds of a kind and polite criminal that will simply let you see his face and walk away unharmed? Get back with me when you can get those odds to the  0% standard that you have imposed on me.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
anyway peace out a-town
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

supporting wall lowing. that could be a bedroom wall for example. doesn't have to be in a random outhouse
So you like your chances with your scenario of trying to open a safe with an unloaded gun it, while confronting someone breaking into your house that in all probability has a weapon.

My home pistol is loaded and in our nightstand. ready to go. You are allowed to own a gun, you just cant have it loaded? lol what you are allowed to own is a gun shaped paper weight. To many variables involved to be an affective means of defense. Variables criminals do not have to deal with. By your laws, criminals have the upper hand in dealing with you.
Now youre assuming that a burglar 'in all probability' has a weapon.
As i said, most burglars here dont carry anything, tehy just want to get in and out without hurting people. Of course you need to assume that their dangerous, but if you have a knofe and know how to use it or a gun (loaded or unloaded) youre pretty safe here, and im pretty sure the same goes for the UK.
America Goddamnit
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6015|...
I'll grab my figure eight and climbing carabiner and beat him to death!
inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Kampframmer wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

As i said, most burglars here dont carry anything, tehy just want to get in and out without hurting people. Of course you need to assume that their dangerous, but if you have a knofe and know how to use it or a gun (loaded or unloaded) youre pretty safe here, and im pretty sure the same goes for the UK.
Sorry don't do knife fights. I would prefer to bring a gun to those.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6701|United States of America
Damn it, I hate when my posts are near the bottom of a page; they always get overlooked

DesertFox- wrote:

Damn it, I hate when my posts are near the bottom of a page; they always get overlooked
yeah. that's the case.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

takes me exactly how long to open a safe i know the combo for and load shells into a shotgun? under a minute if?

and this is based on america, if someone broke into my house the chance they even have a firearm is low low low
Great now all you gotta do is be sure you are in the same room your locked up and unloaded gun is in lol.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam

lowing wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

lowing wrote:

People here dont have guns.
Property owner nor burglar.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6584|Mountains of NC

i really don't get why we're debating something like this anyway .... it always ends up the same

everyone here understands we can only do what we can in the measure of the law in our country, all countries take a different approach to this situation then the next country ...... no-one is more wrong then the next guy and no-one is more right then the next guy when it comes to a situation like this
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Kampframmer wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

is that an assumption you really feel safe with considering someone who is breaking into your home in the middle of the night? really?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam

lowing wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

lowing wrote:

is that an assumption you really feel safe with considering someone who is breaking into your home in the middle of the night? really?
Actually yes.
The chance that a burglar is carrying a gun is about as big as me getting hit by a car when crossing the street.

And i cross the street daily
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

SEREMAKER wrote:

i really don't get why we're debating something like this anyway .... it always ends up the same

everyone here understands we can only do what we can in the measure of the law in our country, all countries take a different approach to this situation then the next country ...... no-one is more wrong then the next guy and no-one is more right then the next guy when it comes to a situation like this
very true, but the debate is, people actually support their govt. in forbidding them any real means of defending their homes or themselves, while others do not.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6462|Amsterdam‫
something like 80% of the so called guns used with robberies were airsoft
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Kampframmer wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Actually yes.
The chance that a burglar is carrying a gun is about as big as me getting hit by a car when crossing the street.

And i cross the street daily
so where are we at then? You are one of those that would just let yourself get robbed then? Or take a sword to them. Do me a favor, if  I were to ever break into your home, just shoot me, that sword thing sounds much more painful.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

i really hate these hypothetical odds .......... everyone has the exact same odds unless you lock yourself in a padded room and never come out
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

menzo wrote:

something like 80% of the so called guns used with robberies were airsoft
ooooooo don't bring one of those things to my house and try and break in, you will get shot then and not by a plastic BB.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam
Why i do even go to DST?
It always ends up with Lowing pushing everyone out of the thread because he comes barging in with some stupid AMERICA FUCK YEAH notion and will stubbornly stick to it.
I mean, has anyone here ever seen Lowing back away from his point and agree with someone that obviously has a better argument? No.

When will you get it?
People here don't carry guns, especially a burglar, because they have quite a high chance of getting caught and the sentence for carrying that gun will be worse than that of breaking and entering.
people here dont own guns for self defense because we dont need to. We have these people walking around called 'police officers' that carry them. No need to make the law easier for criminals to obtain them as well.

Sure, in America, i would agree with you completely and point a gun at any burglar, but here? Fuck no.

I'm out of this thread.

SEREMAKER wrote:

i really hate these hypothetical odds .......... everyone has the exact same odds unless you lock yourself in a padded room and never come out
unless you are a trained ninja like me
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6015|...

SEREMAKER wrote:

why do you need a gun anyway? People like you and sonder could just throw whichever heavy object is at hand, problem solved.
inane little opines
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

unless you are a trained ninja like me
just flash'em
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Kampframmer wrote:

Why i do even go to DST?
It always ends up with Lowing pushing everyone out of the thread because he comes barging in with some stupid AMERICA FUCK YEAH notion and will stubbornly stick to it.
I mean, has anyone here ever seen Lowing back away from his point and agree with someone that obviously has a better argument? No.

When will you get it?
People here don't carry guns, especially a burglar, because they have quite a high chance of getting caught and the sentence for carrying that gun will be worse than that of breaking and entering.
people here dont own guns for self defense because we dont need to. We have these people walking around called 'police officers' that carry them. No need to make the law easier for criminals to obtain them as well.

Sure, in America, i would agree with you completely and point a gun at any burglar, but here? Fuck no.

I'm out of this thread.
lol I thought we established that a long time ago. I already admitted that, since you are not allowed to affectively defend yourself, leaving and letting the burglar finish with your house would be the best thing for you to do. Why so mad?

This also has nothing to do with patriotism or "America fuck yeah". It is about self defense

Last edited by lowing (2011-08-20 14:42:30)

BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6361|Slovenia
Well maybe not all people need to defend their house from crazed dopefiends trying to kill their family on daily basis like you're trying to portray here and their govt. just won't let them. not every country is like US, not everyone feels threatened all the time (because there is NO real threat for the 99.999 of the time here).
Crazy idea but you know, more guns doesn't really mean more safety.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard