FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

ummmm letting them take your shit, or put yourself in harms way with no real method of defense, is not a defense against an invader/attacker.
sorry about your post
and I am sorry, you exist at the whims of criminals.
yep i feel really threatened and scared and stuff right now, you got me!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Kampframmer wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Self defense laws here are extremely strict and it's really hard to get away with.
If pish would really come to shove and my family or myself would be in danger and there was no way taht the cop could help, than yes, i would defend myself using whatever weapon is available, and even then I'm taking a huge risk.
pretty sad dontcha think?
And yet, our society hasn't collapsed. How odd.....
neither has ours, and yet I am allowed to defend myself anyway, while you are not.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

sorry about your post
I am not the one you gotta worry about. First I would start with your govt. then perhaps the criminals?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam

FatherTed wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

(in england we have the right to defend ourselves and property fwiw)
We have that as well, only problem is, their very hard to plead in court.
If i punch a burglar once or twice the cops wont mind, but if the burglar will press charger or if it gets to court one way or another, i'll be fucked.
i think the key phrase for us is 'justifiable'

so if you can argue that you felt your life was in danger, and you go on to kill the guy its fine and no jury should convict you.

if however you do stuff like shoot them in the back (was a high profile case a few years ago about a farmer that did this) or for whatever reason intice them into your home for the sole purpose of killing them, then well prepare your anus
Our self defense laws state that the self defense has to be a necessity. Thats were they all lose it in court because they will often find a way to tell you that you did not need to punch that dude it the face.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am not the one you gotta worry about. First I would start with your govt. then perhaps the criminals?
not feeling particularly oppressed by either of those groups...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

Kampframmer wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

We have that as well, only problem is, their very hard to plead in court.
If i punch a burglar once or twice the cops wont mind, but if the burglar will press charger or if it gets to court one way or another, i'll be fucked.
i think the key phrase for us is 'justifiable'

so if you can argue that you felt your life was in danger, and you go on to kill the guy its fine and no jury should convict you.

if however you do stuff like shoot them in the back (was a high profile case a few years ago about a farmer that did this) or for whatever reason intice them into your home for the sole purpose of killing them, then well prepare your anus
Our self defense laws state that the self defense has to be a necessity. Thats were they all lose it in court because they will often find a way to tell you that you did not need to punch that dude it the face.
i edited
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

nah those laws have been changing recently. Almost anything goes if they're on your property stealing shit, short of opportune violence i.e. assaulting him while hes down.
I don't think Noodweer has changed.
they might have gotten more lenient in court, but the law is the same.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

not feeling particularly oppressed by either of those groups...
really? You just had riots by citizens that felt oppressed by your govt. and that the govt. "didn't do nothing" for them. Anyway, the attitude that it can't happen to you is not a very realistic one, but so be it.
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6361|Slovenia
I really don't understand why should anyone be pulling a gun on the burglar trying to steal some stuff. If you're capable maybe try to catch him and smack him once or twice around the head and call the police, but if he's armed, let him go. Why getting into a possible lethal situation over some property, it's just plain stupid.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
no we had riots by stupid citizens who wanted to steal stuff. and i already detailed what i'd do in situations where it might happen to me, and having lived in actual cities i know quite well what the chances of it happening are.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6015|...
It's down to leniency then, judges aren't idiots - they'll (usually) let you off.
inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

I really don't understand why should anyone be pulling a gun on the burglar trying to steal some stuff. If you're capable maybe try to catch him and smack him once or twice around the head and call the police, but if he's armed, let him go. Why getting into a possible lethal situation over some property, it's just plain stupid.
Because he is inside your house!
That's against the constitution and makes him a freedom hatind, flag burning terrorist!
SHOOT THE FUCKER ON SIGHT
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

wow, beer just came out of my nose on this one!!  thats an amazing attitude.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4858|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

It's down to leniency then, judges aren't idiots - they'll (usually) let you off.
If i would manage to tackle an unarmed burglar and then punch him once i'm fucked if it gets to court.
Altough it probably wont since the cops will tell you thats its fine.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

FatherTed wrote:

no we had riots by stupid citizens who wanted to steal stuff. and i already detailed what i'd do in situations where it might happen to me, and having lived in actual cities i know quite well what the chances of it happening are.
yes you did, you would let them take it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
ok now you're actually just trolling
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
there's also the ethical consideration, for all the retarded decisions a burglar made in his life to get to the point of stealing my dvd player, i still don't think thats reason to end his life.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6361|Slovenia

lowing wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

So what's the right attitude? to shoot him? To beat him with a baseball bat? Over a stolen dvd player?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

FatherTed wrote:

ok now you're actually just trolling
no not really, you said if it were something you deemed unimportant you would simply tell him to " GTFO" was it? So tell me, what possession do you own that is more important than your life? Nothing? Well then that pretty much covers all of your possessions are up for grabs at your house doesn't it?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6584|Mountains of NC

give him a hug

or whip your dicks out and have a sword fight and winner keeps the goods
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
yup pretty much. i wouldn't trade my life (or anyone else i cared about) over stuff thats happily replaced lowing. if you'd rather 'stand your ground and defend your property and your rights' and all that lovely stuff that gets people killed well thats your call.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
like picture this; guy cranked up on meth comes into your house with a sawnoff and starts stealing your shit lowing. are you really going to gamble your life (and the subsequent impact it would have on your family if you lost) on who's a quicker draw? i mean really? in circumstances like that fuck pride.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

lowing wrote:

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

So what's the right attitude? to shoot him? To beat him with a baseball bat? Over a stolen dvd player?
The right attitude is to take ANY unlawful entrance into your home as a direct threat to you or your family. In America, as I am allowed to defend myself, and I CCW, I would draw down on him and the choice then becomes his. Either way he decides, he will not be leaving my home with my stuff.

As for you in jolly ole England, can't help ya, your govt. has forbidden you the right to defend yourself by any real method, so yeah hel pthe criminal load your stuff in his car is really your only choice if you don't want to endanger yourself.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
jesus christ will you drop that tired line

as you've been told (numerous times);

in england (and the UK as a whole) we can

a)own firearms
b)own other 'deadly' weapons
c)defend ourselves and our property
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
urgh this is why i stay out of dst

why do you post in a DEBATE forum lowing if you never actually debate, and just impose your idea as fact and truth and the way on every thread you visit? not exactly debating is it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard