Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6144|Vortex Ring State
if he was better he would play real realism games like RO and arma...

*sigh*
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6613
Is it possible for Brad to post in this section without derailing everything?

On the subject, I noticed that dumb-bombs weren't listed as an alt. wepon for jets. And with one fell swoop half the aggravation is removed from air maps. Now if the TV missile isn't a 1-hit-kill against heavy armor then we've pretty much removed all the aggravation from air maps.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6472|Australia

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I'm kinda pissed about the M82, how the fuck are they gonna balance a semi-auto anti-materiel rifle?
There are ways to balance it that reflect it's power, but not make it OP. Make it like BF2's M95, where its' the only gun able to penetrate armored glass. Or make it a 2 hit kill (assuming other semis are 3 hit kills) but give it lots of recoil, or more pronounced bullet drop.

I'm pretty excited for the M26 MASS - it sounds a lot like the Herzog from 2142, with it's rockets and buckshot ammo. I can see myself having fun with it.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6613
I could see them doing it, but only if it has utterly ridiculous amounts of scope-sway. And of course bipods and holding your breath throw that theory out.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6768|EU

Is EOD meant like for neutralizing IED's? Or it's just another way of calling grenade launcher whores or something similar wearing funny 100 kg vest? What is EOD bot? Thanks
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6613

legionair wrote:

Is EOD meant like for neutralizing IED's? Or it's just another way of calling grenade launcher whores or something similar wearing funny 100 kg vest? What is EOD bot? Thanks
EOD means Explosive Ordinance Disposal. I believe that the EOD vest will reduce damage from explosives, and the EOD bot will be a small robot you can send out and use it to disarm explosives, such as C4, AT Mines and maybe even the MCOM in rush. DICE just  said that the robot in the trailer has much more functionality, it is able to repair vehicles and arm the MCOM in addition to removing mines and disarming MCOMs.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-08-18 09:35:56)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6613
Also, you can strap C4 to the bot, though C4 and the bot are used by different kits.
jord
+2,382|6823|The North, beyond the wall.

Is it possible for Brad to post in this section without derailing everything?

On the subject, I noticed that dumb-bombs weren't listed as an alt. wepon for jets. And with one fell swoop half the aggravation is removed from air maps. Now if the TV missile isn't a 1-hit-kill against heavy armor then we've pretty much removed all the aggravation from air maps.
ugh.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5731

Most of the guns on the list have already been featured in BF2 or BC2 or a million other games. Is there really a serious lack of modern assault weapons in the world that developers have to keep using the same tired bunch?

It's not hard to program in a gun and since we have already know that DICE doesn't care about balance it would be cool if there was some new or lesser known guns in the game.

Just a thought.
rdx-fx
+955|6736
The code and models for the M82 were in BF2. Was actually pretty easy to make a mini-mod to enable it
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6613

rdx-fx wrote:

The code and models for the M82 were in BF2. Was actually pretty easy to make a mini-mod to enable it
Yeah, I actually played with it when MOAB was filming that movie thing. Everyone else in the filming quickly realized it was the most OP thing ever.
Trotskygrad
бля

Macbeth wrote:

It's not hard to program in a gun and since we have already know that DICE doesn't care about balance it would be cool if there was some new or lesser known guns in the game.
urgh

isn't that's CoD's job?

with their Kiparis, G11, PSG1, and WA2000?

I like to have real production-run weapons in my games, x.x
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5731

Well I like variety and don't care for realism
Trotskygrad
бля

Macbeth wrote:

Well I like variety and don't care for realism
then play cod

or play CS and DL a new skin every so often
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6613

Trotskygrad wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

urgh

isn't that's CoD's job?

Well, the PSG-1 and Kiparis are actually is used by a decent number of police forces, thought not at the time that Black-Cops takes place (same with a large number of Black-Cops guns). But yeah, the G11 and W2000 were never mass produced.

But then again, in BF2 we had the Jackhammer, a gun that only had two prototypes of it ever made.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6805|The darkside of Denver
Do we know if we will return to each faction using faction specific load outs?  For example, it drove me crazy in BC that you could have a US solider carrying an AK style weapon and vice versa.

It seemed this way in the alpha (except for unlocks), but wondering if anyone knows anything further?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5619|Ventura, California

UnkleRukus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Less reloading

Spoiler (highlight to read):
The real ones mostly have 20 round mags.

I wonder which class will get the 60mm mortars. They were good fun to play around with back in Joint Operations Typhoon Rising. I hope we'll see something similar to that system in this game. Maybe the engineer class will get it?
Or you could act like a halfway decent player and reload every chance you get. I have no problems with the 10 round mag when i use the EBR in BC2. Are you really that bad at FPS games as a whole?
Well, I am usually #1 of the scoreboard at the end of a round when I play FPS games.

10 rounds goes really fast when you have to hit somebody 2 to 3 times. If you even miss once and need three shots that's 4 bullets and if there's two guys then you're really pushing it. I played rush mostly too so you don't usually just come across 1 guy.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5181|Massachusetts, USA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Less reloading

Spoiler (highlight to read):
The real ones mostly have 20 round mags.

I wonder which class will get the 60mm mortars. They were good fun to play around with back in Joint Operations Typhoon Rising. I hope we'll see something similar to that system in this game. Maybe the engineer class will get it?
Or you could act like a halfway decent player and reload every chance you get. I have no problems with the 10 round mag when i use the EBR in BC2. Are you really that bad at FPS games as a whole?
Well, I am usually #1 of the scoreboard at the end of a round when I play FPS games.

10 rounds goes really fast when you have to hit somebody 2 to 3 times. If you even miss once and need three shots that's 4 bullets and if there's two guys then you're really pushing it. I played rush mostly too so you don't usually just come across 1 guy.
Oh sorry, I play the only proper game mode.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6613
Brad, stop derailing my thread!

BACK TO THE FUCKING TOPIC!

I heard Support will get the C4 and claymores not Recon. He will get the Mortar as well, which requires a Recon to spot for in order to be fully effective. I'm not sure how I feel about this, Support definitely seemed to be lacking in equipment before this announcement, but I still am so used to those wepon being used by Recon. The mortar probably won't be a problem if the splash damage is low enough, you'd either fire indirectly and miss, or be super vulnerable. Claymores really better be detonated by the placer, instead of having a magic trip arc in front of them, which will somehow make them both more balanced and more realistic.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

Also, you can strap C4 to the bot, though C4 and the bot are used by different kits.
Not a problem, but not as versatile as UAV + C4 on BC2.

Brad, stop derailing my thread!

BACK TO THE FUCKING TOPIC!

I heard Support will get the C4 and claymores not Recon. He will get the Mortar as well, which requires a Recon to spot for in order to be fully effective. I'm not sure how I feel about this, Support definitely seemed to be lacking in equipment before this announcement, but I still am so used to those wepon being used by Recon. The mortar probably won't be a problem if the splash damage is low enough, you'd either fire indirectly and miss, or be super vulnerable. Claymores really better be detonated by the placer, instead of having a magic trip arc in front of them, which will somehow make them both more balanced and more realistic.
Claymore plus unlimited ammo. Hail of bullets to the front.  Cover your ass with claymores.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6613

Ilocano wrote:

Not a problem, but not as versatile as UAV + C4 on BC2.
Well the Recon has a remote control UAV, it's unarmed but you can spot with it. You might be able to strap it to that as well

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-08-18 18:34:32)

Trotskygrad
бля

Trotskygrad wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

urgh

isn't that's CoD's job?

Well, the PSG-1 and Kiparis are actually is used by a decent number of police forces, thought not at the time that Black-Cops takes place (same with a large number of Black-Cops guns). But yeah, the G11 and W2000 were never mass produced.

But then again, in BF2 we had the Jackhammer, a gun that only had two prototypes of it ever made.
"MVD and Russian police and issued to various special troops, including OMON and SOBR groups." for Kiparis

that's not production run

"The Stoner 63, also known as the XM22/E1, is an American modular weapons system designed by Eugene Stoner in the early 1960s. It was produced by Cadillac Gage and used in very limited numbers in Vietnam by members of the United States Navy SEALs and several law enforcement agencies."

herm yeah

also with MW2, the intervention, ACR, vector, Aug HBAR
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5731

Claymores. Not buying.

I know it seems petty but between claymores and G36e's in BF2 and auto shotguns in BC2 the game devolves into complete shit. I'm not even going to bother to get into the game when it'll end up broken with through DICE balance patches.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5654|America
It doesn't matter if the weapons are widely used in RL or not all that matters is if they're balanced to the class' roll in the fight.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5619|Ventura, California
Demize confirmed the M16A3 and M16A4 will be in the game. I wonder what the difference between the two will be, and which will be the starting weapon.

I'm hoping that the M16A4 is the starting weapon. I really enjoy how faction-specific weapons shape the game. One the one hand, you'll have the USMC with accurate M16A4s that are better suited in longer range combat, and the Russians with medium range inaccurate AKs.

It won't be that way though most likely.

I wonder what the difference between the A3 and A4 will be besides being full auto vs burst. Maybe the A3 is less accurate or does less damage? How would you guys have differentiated the two, or would you have even implemented an A3 if it were up to you?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard