M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6738|Peoria, Illinois

HM1{N} wrote:

I saw something that was probably a hack, but hard to tell.  Last week I was playing on a server when I got into a fight with a guy wearing a [CA] tag. 

He hit the deck and when he did started moving back and forth and up and down at warp speed.  While moving he fired a single shot to the head and killed me.  I unloaded over a half a clip into him and not a single shot registered from about 10 feet away.

He was unhittable, but had perfect aim while moving.
Sounds like a macro. All he has to do is aim and fire while his macro makes him doplphin dvie/crouch/jump/ strafe etc. That would be kind of cheating, but not a hack. I say "kind of cheating" because I've never read about it in the ROE.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6587|England
game dying loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool with more than 500,000 logged in on one night alone at the weekend the game is far from died.We all go through stages of being owned either suck it up or quit .
alpinestar
+304|6603|New York City baby.
I think you can compare bf2 community to css now without a doubt
dont_be_ss
+312|6600|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

Nyte wrote:

I don't think hacks exist for BF2.

I'm the closest to the existence of a hack.
lol, +1
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6658|The Netherlands

PheloniosRM wrote:

sniped by an AT round from beyond the fog barrier
You can shoot at a red name in the fog distance and hope it will hit... i'll do it sometimes with sniper mostly a hit and short after a kill damage assist
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6759|Toronto, ON

General-Echo wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Enemy god complex spotted.
You're almost there, just remove the word "complex".
Alpha as fuck.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6745|Pakistan/England

Nyte wrote:

General-Echo wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Enemy god complex spotted.
You're almost there, just remove the word "complex".
nice one
meowmix4jo
+5|6591
ive played like 180 hours and ive only seen 1 person actually hacking before, the rest of the "hacks" are mostly exploiters, fags, dolphin divers,glitchers or whores,so doesnt matter much ussually theres a way around it like, if someone dives, JUMP OVER THEM, they cant stand up very fast and turn really slow , if there say tank whoring, get AT, if there hacking well too bad just leave the server, too bad BF2 doesnt have tags like CS where you could get aimbots to go crazy if your tag was the same color as the aimbot chams
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6625|Houston, TX
If you think this game is dying, perhaps you should absquatulate.
12inchnick
+17|6638
Ive never seen anyone hack in bf2.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6634|IRELAND

Was around at a m8's house who is allways complaining about hacks this hack that. Turns out his PC cant put the same level of detail on screen that my machine can. Thats why I can shot him when he cant even see me. Most of the 'hacks' are infact down to graphics and or connection.

A guy tried to kick me lastnight cus I was using a hack and couldnt possibly have seen him in the grass in his sniper kit. Fact is I seen him run over there and lay down.

Take your death like a man!!!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6634|Warlord
I don't think there is a lot of cheating going on in BF2 from what I've seen myself with only about 300 hours in, but I have to say I'm 100% convinced there are working hacks out there (it must be possible, simple as that) and a couple of times I think I've been the victim of them myself but very few where I was absolutely sure at the time... and even at that you can be mistaken.

Most of the 'cheating' I thought I saw earlier on was ignorance about the way something in the game worked, lag/latency issues, as well as generally sucking at BF2 of course.

I've tested aimbots in a couple of other games (UT and Ghost Recon) and I've had no-question occasions in online play in UT of someone using one against me more than once so I know what they're like to use, I know what they look like and what it's like to be up against one. I also know how you can make it seem that you're not using one by playing carefully, which is where the real enemy lies.

As far as I can tell though I've never seen one in this game but if we assume that any aimbot in BF2 sucks as much as the one from the unnamed company with the famous single-player vids that assure everyone they can't be detected then other than the jerky appearance of the player using it there'd be very little evidence of them being used since there are human players with better aim!

The hacks I think ARE being used are graphics tweaks (like all grass off, black sky, that sort of thing to improve performance and visibility) and maybe a wall hack of some kind judging from a couple of instances I've had myself. But with the UAV, the enemy commander spotting outside its range and just plain experience on behalf of the player (predicting likely behaviour) it's frankly impossible to know for sure. Plus I don't think we should ever forget that sometimes ya just get lucky! I can't be the only sniper who's rounded a corner, come up against an assault player who unloads at us while we tap at him with the pistol and win, and if your aim is better than mine you could do this by shooting him in the head which can very easily seem like a cheat. If the guy didn't realise his health was down it might even only take a single shot in the face... and we all know how much like BS that would seem
DrunkFlea
+6|6647
If what someone else is doing bothers you (either by skill or hack), then leave the server.  Find a place you feel suits you better.

I just can't understand how I, (after over 800 hours), have never seen someone I thought was hacking.  Yet almost every round there is someone who accuses another for doing it.
PheloniusRM
+8|6705|Mission Viejo, CA
I have a computer that can run max settings. I have the best connections my isp can provide. I think people have found a way to exploit more so than outright hack. I believe that admins throttle the bandwidth up and down for people. I believe they disconect people from their servers with simple linux/windows controls. I believe there are clans that play on lan connected servers. Most of the in game occurances that cause people to cry hack are network related. High ping, low bandwidth etc. The in game ping report is from your pc nic to the nic of the server. Ping and bandwidth can be throttled on the server between the nic and the BF2 kernel. There are programs that admins can use to do this.

I played ultima online and watched it die. I played everquest and watched it die. I played bf1942, dc, bfv, poe and watched them all die. I have played bf2 since december and it is waning. All the people who are not so hard core anal have left out of frustration. The only ones left are the ones who are so intent on winning and increasing score that they will do anything, no matter how unsportsmanlike and even use third party software. The game is definately in a decline.

I also asked EA to implement a "headshot notification." That would go a long way in identifying people that are using aimbots and whatnot.
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6579|England
Think you might just need to take a break from Bf2,just a week or so,you are doing better than me anyhow! i posted a thread a few weeks back saying that i was playing shit and it seemed most peeps go through it at some stage,just a bad patch,regroup soldier,come back go on a tour of different servers(works for me too) and try again! someone said to that if all else fails just whore it up on karkand for a while!!! lmao...that works too!! good luck mate!
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6625|Houston, TX

pfc_toecutter wrote:

If you think this game is dying, perhaps you should absquatulate.
I learned a new word today.  Absquatulate - to depart in a hurry
Use it everyday!
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6626
He has illegal copy of this game, and because of that he can't play on ranked and punkbuster powered servers so he has to play unranked and no punkbuster servers where people cheat!
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas
I put BF2 to bed 2 months ago. Don't really miss it at all.  As a matter of fact, I've almost forgotten what it is like to get mad at a game now.
Defiance
+438|6678

I fucked up my BF2 install to modify kits and maps for single player bot owning fun.

I don't regret it, I've gone a week or so with no BF2 playing at all. But I'll have to get refreshed with the L85 for this friday
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6708|Australia
The game is not dying IMO but the gameplay in AUS has rapidly degraded since the introduction of the pizza hut deal hence the pizza hut noobs. Some times i just have to leave the server out of sheer frustration because apart from me there is 1 1st Sgt and the rest are below that rank. Nothing wrong with that as such but ffs these people have no skill. Or any idea what to do.

Last night i was in a J-10 and a guy in the other asked how do you drop bombs. OMFG piss off that is what single player is for. You're ruining it for everyone.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6546|GREAT Britain
so basically, if you die alot in the game, everyone is hacking and the game is dieing......... k
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6658|The Netherlands
HAX? your properly just a big@$$ noob you cant neg me so i can say everthing here... =_= nice work chuy (thats sarcasm but a little bit true )
Edit : no man chuy tah men

Last edited by ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE (2006-07-12 01:51:43)

dontfeedthenerd
+38|6554
I haven't seen anybody hack or do anything that would imply hacking in Bf2.

I highly doubt that there's  a hack that lets a person knife you from 20 feet away. Everything in this game is calculated server side, so to effect hit detection a person would have to be able to hack the server that they're on.

The ability to see through walls, see the tags of all players, that kind of stuff is done client side.

I highly doubt that there's a hack out there that can bypass all the security protocols in place on a server and make it so the server lets you knife somebody from long distance.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6850|Waikato, Aotearoa
I just saw that video on page 2 and if its true then that player should be flogged and crucified, and his player a/c cancelled permenently.
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6635|Muenster, Germany
Yesterday i was shot; that must have been a hack

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard