TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5706|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have BF2 on 3CD's, but I'm getting really tired of installing it from that medium. Would anyone care to purchase my CD key? (if you pay for shipping, I'll send the CD's too),

I wanna buy the steam version.

This is just the game, I have AF on EA Downloader (Origins?), but I don't think you can gift/sell those.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6726|Oxferd Ohire
EF/AF are free and bf2 is 5$ on origin atm.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6142|what

You need to talk it up a bit.

Throw in your PID and password. What rank are you?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
gurdeep
­
+812|4744|proll­y
i will offer you $.350
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6313|Graz, Austria

TheDonkey wrote:

I have BF2 on 3CD's, but I'm getting really tired of installing it from that medium. Would anyone care to purchase my CD key? (if you pay for shipping, I'll send the CD's too),

I wanna buy the steam version.

This is just the game, I have AF on EA Downloader (Origins?), but I don't think you can gift/sell those.
Why don't you download a disc image of the DVD version and use your CD key during installation?
With the 1.50 patch the disc check has been removed, so you don't need an original copy in your disc drive anymore.

That would be cheaper than buying it again on Steam.
Other than the comfort of a one-click installation from your library, it hasn't any other advantages, since the Steam overlay doesn't work with BF2 (you get kicked by Punkbuster on ranked servers), which makes the whole Steam community/friends list aspect useless.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6301

Copy all the files/folders from the CDs into a single folder on your computer. Run setup.exe to install. No need to buy another copy since 1.5 allows you to play without a disk and has all the booster stuff included.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6313|Graz, Austria

ebug9 wrote:

Copy all the files/folders from the CDs into a single folder on your computer. Run setup.exe to install.
Ah, an even easier method.
TheDonkey
Awesome. Will do for copying files.

1.51 can just be installed straight, no need for 1.4, yes?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6301

1.41 first, then 1.5
TheDonkey

ebug9 wrote:

1.41 first, then 1.5
Balls, ok.

I tried installing out of a single folder as suggested, but it just asks me to insert Disk 1 to continue.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6301

Even when clicking Setup.exe, not Autorun.exe?
TheDonkey

ebug9 wrote:

Even when clicking Setup.exe, not Autorun.exe?
Yeah, the setup starts, works for a couple seconds, then asks for the disk.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard