{CN}420
+30|6691
Some of you may know this, some may not.

I have an XPS 600, I was messing with the BIOS the other day. Did you know you can change the front color of the light on the case? In the BIOS settings under onboard devices, go under Front LED Light Color. There are like 7 different colors you can change it to. Pretty sweet, I have mine on green.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6777
I uhh never knew that. I have an XPS... I have no idea what to do with it because I'm not hardware savvy at all.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6713|NCFSU2
That's pretty cool, think I'm going to play around with mine. Thanks for the tip.
{CN}420
+30|6691

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I uhh never knew that. I have an XPS... I have no idea what to do with it because I'm not hardware savvy at all.
Just shut down your computer, when it restarts hold in F2. The BIOS is easy to navigate, use the arrow keys and go down to onboard devices and hit enter. Go to LED front light and hit enter. Now you can change the color. Go to save and exit and boot to windows.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

You can buy sound-reactive case lighting. Good if you want to give yourself a seizure while artillery is going off.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-24 13:49:23)

o0flowerfairy0o
+132|6637|England, UK
I have an XPS M170 and I LOVE it!! 

I worked out how to change the lights immediately!!  And can you guess what colour they are??  Yep, PINK!  LOL

Ooohh, I have been looking around for the 'clip - on' lid thingys, if anybody knows where to get them from??  I know you can get some reaaaally cool ones too!!

The Lil Fairy... 
Maj.Do
+85|6765|good old CA
my god ive used soundreactive lights before, crazy idea.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6581|NYC / Hamburg

{CN}420 wrote:

I have an XPS 600, I was messing with the BIOS the other day. Did you know you can change the front color of the light on the case? In the BIOS settings under onboard devices, go under Front LED Light Color. There are like 7 different colors you can change it to. Pretty sweet, I have mine on green.
A Dell gaming pc?? are you crazy. why did you buy that. build it yourself
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Des.Kmal
+917|6632|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
is the xps good? I am thinking abiut getting one if I dont build one, lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6617|Philadelphia, PA
I have a XPS 400. I went to the "onboard devices" but I didn't see anything that said anything about LED light color.   

What gives ?

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-05-18 16:48:58)

Maj.Do
+85|6765|good old CA
i think its only for the 600 model
{CN}420
+30|6691

max wrote:

{CN}420 wrote:

Yeah I was broke. I had an account with dell from a while ago, didn't have the cash to build one, otherwise I would have.
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6676|Washington
XPS 400 here also!  P4 3.0 with 1gb RAM.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730

{CN}420 wrote:

max wrote:

{CN}420 wrote:

Yeah I was broke. I had an account with dell from a while ago, didn't have the cash to build one, otherwise I would have.
building one is still cheaper... but there are always free upgrades from dell
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Maj.Do
+85|6765|good old CA
dont forget teh xps 700 is out now
bts.skip
+0|6614
For us that are going to upgrade to a new system...what are your views on the XPS systems...
Pros and Cons....
what did you get after you bought them???
dankassasin42o
+68|6693|Reefersyde, CA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You can buy sound-reactive case lighting. Good if you want to give yourself a seizure while artillery is going off.
LOL    thats what i need!!!!
dankassasin42o
+68|6693|Reefersyde, CA

bts.skip wrote:

For us that are going to upgrade to a new system...what are your views on the XPS systems...
Pros and Cons....
what did you get after you bought them???
ITS A DELL

What do you think?   

Build your own
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

dankassasin42o wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

LOL    thats what i need!!!!
http://xoxide.com/sounaccat.html for anyone not in the know.

Additionally, http://xoxide.com/nexus-drive-a-way-black.html can be a great solution if you are really bothered by hard drive noise or heat. A bit spendy, though. There are better solutions elsewhere.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-29 13:01:25)

T4rd
+44|6690|West Point, NY
I would never buy a retail computer after building my own.  It's sooo much funner and cheaper to do it yourself, plus you actually know your PC inside and out so you can troubleshoot it a lot easier when something goes wrong.

BUT.. if I ever did want to buy a retail PC (which I never will), it would be a Dell.  Dell actually has some nice-ass deals on PCs and laptops sometimes.  They have a lot of promo offers too, like free LCDs and stuff when you upgrade parts (although you're still really paying for it in the long run).
bennisboy
+829|6660|Poundland
you don't need an XPS I got:
p4 3.2Ghz
ATi radeon X600 256mb (lets me run everything on high, including AA)
1024mb ram
250gb 7200rpm sata hdd

for under £400 from the UK dell outlet website
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6676|Washington
After purchasing my XPS 400, if I could go back, I would have went to 2gb of ram instead of the 1gb.
Buzerk1
+44|6850
You should have said...Who has a "Desktop XPS"... I have a XPS M170.... and a nice plug in for Mindows Media that make the lights flash at the music beat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard