bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6831|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
So I'm curious about what everyone is hoping to see in the new expansion pack. Personally, I'd like a couple more maps, officer rankings, more awards, maybe some new weapons would be nice. However, I think more than anything I'd like to see EA change the way the commanders are rewarded an punished. What do you want?
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6830|Cheshire, UK
Boobie traps.
Elvite
+0|6837
Seeing how hard it is to rise up to the highest of enlisted ranks, I would guess that requirements for officers would be way out there.  Seems like they would have to come up with something new to implement it. How, I have no idea. It would be cool to have officers. Beyond that, I'm trying to think of stuff that would be expansion worthy and not just a needed patch for the current game.

Mortars would be cool. They've already announced flash bombs and tear gas, which I look forward to. I would like to see a portable SAM launcher. I'm also hoping that the new maps include some new environments like European/Russian urban and rural locals.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6830|Cheshire, UK

Elvite wrote:

Mortars would be cool.
All hail the mighty mortar.
Gone but not forgotten.
Elvite
+0|6837

duffry wrote:

Elvite wrote:

Mortars would be cool.
All hail the mighty mortar.
Gone but not forgotten.
Show what I know, but are mortars not used anymore?
ski.xw
Stingers, if your going to have helos in the game you need something to balance it with.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6830|Cheshire, UK

Elvite wrote:

There are no mortars in BF2. The closest thing is the granade launcher. Only because it gives indirect fire. Nothing like the range or power but easier to use (quicker).
I miss the mortar and would love to see it's return. I do however know that it was used to produce some shocking uber-tactics in clan matches and would expect some hammering as US on Dragon Valley if they make a return.

ski.xw wrote:

Stingers, if your going to have helos in the game you need something to balance it with.
The game has stingers.
Do you mean shoulder mounted SAM launchers?
Elvite
+0|6837

duffry wrote:

Elvite wrote:

There are no mortars in BF2. The closest thing is the granade launcher.
I know that. I should have added "in real life" to the end of my question. When you said "gone but not forgotten", I thought you were saying that real militaries no longer use them, which sounded odd to me. Sounds now like you were probably saying "gone from the Battlefield game, but not forgotten".
Redsunns
+0|6827
I hate to hear EA going to release an expansion... I been the fan of BF... Spent so much money on the game itself and its expansions... every few months, they jus release an expansion...

and it cost like the original game itself!

this time round, i though it wont release the expansion tat fast...
since now it releasing this coming months... i wondering shd i bought it or risk to have lesser servers to play online...

If only they were like Blizzards... They release once, and let players play without have to pay for expansion again...

believe me... after tis upcoming release, earlier next year, there will be another release again...

5 releases means S$60x5= S$300 in 2 yrs...
Redsunns
+0|6827

Elvite wrote:

Seeing how hard it is to rise up to the highest of enlisted ranks, I would guess that requirements for officers would be way out there.  Seems like they would have to come up with something new to implement it. How, I have no idea. It would be cool to have officers. Beyond that, I'm trying to think of stuff that would be expansion worthy and not just a needed patch for the current game.

Mortars would be cool. They've already announced flash bombs and tear gas, which I look forward to. I would like to see a portable SAM launcher. I'm also hoping that the new maps include some new environments like European/Russian urban and rural locals.
And u will be finding been flashing by ur own teammates all over and over again... jus wat happens in CS...
Thp
+0|6827|Denmark

This isn't Blizzard
maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6828|Sunnyvale, CA

Elvite wrote:

I would like to see a portable SAM launcher. I'm also hoping that the new maps include some new environments like European/Russian urban and rural locals.
ya, BF2 is really dying for some new maps, as alot of the maps currently available all feel the same, to me at least. The game remains very good, and replayable (to extents that i am ashamed to admit), but i would like to see alot of variation in the maps in the xpack.

Europe and Russia, might be a good start, but the problem w/ that is the game is set in a more modern setting, than bf1942 (obviously), so their might be some people disgruntled seeing the USMC fighting in Europe (assuming that EA continues their format of having the USMC play on every map), or for that matter, fighting at all in Europe.
MardukeV
+0|6827|Washington, DC
this game could definatly use some new maps. personally, id like to see strike of kirkand with better visibility and a couple gunships. i can only wish
Viper*RTF*
+0|6832
"BF2 Expansion: expectations?"

I expect bugs..
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6831|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Good one Viper.

As for new theaters of war: while enticing, I doubt it will happen. It would mean multiple new arsenals and vehicles as well as new awards language samples and much, much more. Sure I'd love to see some new weapons, but I'd rather less of the addition and more of the perfection if you know what I mean.
<eN>Madcat
+2|6832
a new army. no clue which one, but it could add a new theatre of war, and on and on.
more helos, ie. chinook(would make me happy).
new maps(duh). an oilrig(big oilrig), a snowy map maybe, MEC got bored and attacked American research facility in Antarctica....
BUGS!!

Last edited by <eN>Madcat (2005-08-09 12:03:21)

MardukeV
+0|6827|Washington, DC
well 1 thing is for sure, there will be more bugs than there will be new maps and weapons combined
Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA
Forget the expansion pack, how about some patches that include new maps.
maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6828|Sunnyvale, CA

Rakasan wrote:

Forget the expansion pack, how about some patches that include new maps.
i seriously doubt EA would ever do that.

but we can hope...
Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA
BF1942 included new maps from new patches...maps like Liberation of Caen, Invasion of the Philippines,...
maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6828|Sunnyvale, CA
i stand corrected.

thank you. i forgot about that.
Elvite
+0|6837

maltese_pidgeon wrote:

Europe and Russia, might be a good start, but the problem w/ that is the game is set in a more modern setting, than bf1942 (obviously), so their might be some people disgruntled seeing the USMC fighting in Europe (assuming that EA continues their format of having the USMC play on every map), or for that matter, fighting at all in Europe.
[Commentary]Disgruntled? "Or for that matter, fighting at all in Europe"? It's safe to assume that you don't feel that way personally, but that would be a sad, petty, and ungrateful thing if someone was to say that was their belief. There are a significant amount of US military bases all over Europe and many countries depend on their presence for their national security. Realistically, any European conflict would involve a significant amount of US forces who would gladly give their lives to protect their European allies, whether some people in those countries like us or not.

My father spent  several years in West Germany in the US Army (as did three of his brothers as well). Fortunately, nothing bad happened while he was there, but if it had I know he would have done whatever it took to defend our allies. My brother spent a good amount of time serving in South Korea near the DMZ. Disrespecting what they would have been willing to sacrifice for their allies (as thousands of US men and women do today) just doesn't sit right with me.

If a majority of citizens in any European country wishes to expel US military bases from their country, they are fully within their rights to petition their governments to do so. Of course it will likely mean a dramatic tax increase to raise the defense budget necessary to allow their country to defend itself, but that's a small price to pay to stand by your convictions. I would not take offense at that. In fact, I would respect such a country that would at least be truly honest, rather than expect us to help protect them while speaking ill of us at the same time.[/Commentary]

Now, as far as what I was thinking about the game, I was thinking that some of the European countries closest to the Middle East may be a good choice for some new non-desert non-tropical/marshland/jungle environments. The expansion has already announced that there will be new Special Forces from other countries (not just US/MEC/China, but now UK & Russian) so I would imagine they'll factor in on all new maps.

I mention Russia but that's but that's already likely going to happen as there will be Russian Spetznaz and Russian insurgents. Should be cool.

Last edited by Elvite (2005-08-09 18:39:52)

maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6828|Sunnyvale, CA

Elvite wrote:

Disgruntled? "Or for that matter, fighting at all in Europe"? It's safe to assume that you don't feel that way personally, but that would be a sad, petty, and ungrateful thing if someone was to say that was their belief. There are a significant amount of US military bases all over Europe and many countries depend on their presence for their national security. Realistically, any European conflict would involve a significant amount of US forces who would gladly give their lives to protect their European allies, whether some people in those countries like us or not.
I assume, you speak of France when you say "whether some people in those countries like us or not"?

I was merely pointing out the fact that some Europeans may not be happy to see fighting (even simulated fighting), on the scale of that in Iraq, in Europe.

Mind you, i have no idea what an European would think, and i do not wish to offend any.

Elvite wrote:

Now, as far as what I was thinking about the game, I was thinking that some of the European countries closest to the Middle East may be a good choice for some new non-desert non-tropical/marshland/jungle environments.
Turkey, perhaps?
<eN>Madcat
+2|6832
speaking of special forces, they could add Germany and maybe France.
maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6828|Sunnyvale, CA
One thing i noticed, is that in BFHQ under the tab "Kits" you can examine all of the weapons for all of the kits, including the unlocks. The thing that intrigues me, is that the unlocks have a little arrow pointing to the right, possibly suggesting more unlocks in the future. Maybe the xpack will provide more unlocks that are more readily available.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard