M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

What's all this about it being delayed a month?

Some sites, and Origin, are showing it as being the 27/11 now.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4847|Amsterdam
Still no code

I played a few rounds at menzo's yesterday and i must say that it feels a lot like its going to be bc3.
Now of course i might think that because i like bc2 and have played it very recently and i haven't played bf2 in months, so i cant really compare this to bf2 properly because i still have bc2 in my head.
Of course there's also the fact that the game is still in alpha, so there could still be some drastic changes, but i doubt it.

Movement, vehicles and just the gameplay in general all felt a lot more like an improved version of bc2 rather than a sequel to bf2.

And lets hope they bring the commo-rose back and remove that stupid spotting triangle. I got quite a few kills in bf3 from just shooting slightly under those triangle, even though you cant see the person under it. Stupid...

I still have a lot of hope for this game , so i wont be cancelling my pre-order or anything like that.
gurdeep
­
+812|4759|proll­y

Roc18 wrote:

coolstorybro wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

What are your PC specs and what settings were you playing it on?

When I played it my FPS was shit (hovered around 20) on low settings and 1600x900 resolution. But that was because my PC was not up to the task of running it, that's why i need/will upgrade my computer so I can play it smoothly once it releases. I wouldn't judge this game based on 1 map and 1 game mode in the Alpha trial. The fact that it's an alpha and it has bugs might be why its so sluggish for you if your PC is good enough to run the game smoothly.
e8400 @ 3.5
4gb ddr2
hd 6770 @ 1920x1200
2 ssds in raid 0

im not talkin about video lag or whatever tho. it would still feel sluggish on the best gaming pc in the world
hmm, well hopefully they fix that when the game releases.
well they didnt fix it for bc2, so why would they for this
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4847|Amsterdam

coolstorybro wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

coolstorybro wrote:

e8400 @ 3.5
4gb ddr2
hd 6770 @ 1920x1200
2 ssds in raid 0

im not talkin about video lag or whatever tho. it would still feel sluggish on the best gaming pc in the world
I think they want it that way too feel more realistic, like youre actually controling a person.
They tried it in bc2 as well. It makes it a bit more real, but it doesnt do the gameplay any good.

Too bad that they dont have the 100% smooth character control you had in bf2
gurdeep
­
+812|4759|proll­y
if i wanted realism i wouldnt be playing video games
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4847|Amsterdam

coolstorybro wrote:

if i wanted realism i wouldnt be playing video games
realism and fun have to sort of go hand in hand with these type of games.
A very fine balance.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6741|Oxferd Ohire
i dreamed i played bf3.

i knifed 10 people
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.
sick of metro
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6346|Atlanta, Georgia

FYUCK YOU ALLAH HU AKBAR! *BOOM*

Last edited by NeXuS (2011-07-30 09:26:16)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

They really need to bring back commo rose. There is very little coordination, and SL's essentially have no role.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6741|Oxferd Ohire
wait. no rose. da fuk
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4847|Amsterdam

M.O.A.B wrote:

They really need to bring back commo rose. There is very little coordination, and SL's essentially have no role.
The whole squad system is fucked up.
It worked good in bf2, it worked good in bc2 (in a different way) but its absolute shit in bf3
jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.
can you even spawn on your squadmates i havent yet
eleven bravo
+1,399|5263|foggy bottom
yes you noob.  werent you going out right now?
Tu Stultus Es
0akleaves
+183|6618|Newcastle UK
sucks to be honest. its just not a real bf3
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6713|England. Stoke

jord wrote:

can you even spawn on your squadmates i havent yet
Sometimes its on other times it seems not to be. As M.O.A.B said at the moment there seems to be literally no point having a squad leader as you can spawn on anyone in the squad and the leader has no apparent difference to the rest of the squad except that when he gets spotted the 3D spotting symbol is larger and more noticeable above his head...

Last edited by coke (2011-07-30 12:33:16)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4972|Dundee, Scotland.
why did he only have one arm?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6576

coke wrote:

when he gets spotted the 3D spotting symbol is larger and more noticeable above his head...
WTF, hahaha
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6713|England. Stoke

Toilet Sex wrote:

coke wrote:

when he gets spotted the 3D spotting symbol is larger and more noticeable above his head...
WTF, hahaha
It's obviously meant to encourage snipers picking off squad leaders. But what's the fucking point when you can spawn on anyone and there is no difference between being a squad member and the leader, I'm guessing/hoping that they revert to only being able to spawn on the leader or at least giving them some increased functionality in the actual game.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6576

coke wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

coke wrote:

WTF, hahaha
It's obviously meant to encourage snipers picking off squad leaders. But what's the fucking point when you can spawn on anyone and there is no difference between being a squad member and the leader, I'm guessing/hoping that they revert to only being able to spawn on the leader or at least giving them some increased functionality in the actual game.
i'm hoping that 3D spotting symbol is just on the map lol
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5478|Ventura, California
I hope the Beta version of the game takes a route more similar to BF2 and 2142. I'd like to see a basic commo rose and a squad commo rose like the previously mentioned games. It would also be a nice feature to have the recoil of the weapon follow the deviation, as opposed to the sight staying on target with the bullets flying all over the place.

How does the suppression system work in this game? What is the criteria for gaining points via suppression?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

Shoot in proximity to the target. If they die, but you din't kill them, you get suppression points.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5478|Ventura, California
I imagine the gameplay is rather fast paced and suppression doesn't really help much. It's not like fights last more than a few seconds. Kind of a cheap way to get a lot of points. So long as you shoot at people, but don't kill them, you get points. So no need to even kill people, just sit back with an LMG and wait for 3D markers to pop up.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
hexify
+5|5354|Canada
Just reinstalled the 280.19 drivers, choosing clean install option and now its running perfectly smooth, got rid of the mouse accel feeling too. Almost double the performance.

The suppression system is nice, and RO was the first game to do this. BF3 just "COD-ified" by rewarding players for it. Definitely something that should be added, but not rewarded for. I also notice there is no kill-assist points. I've had a number of my kills stolen and all I see are these suppression points. I hope they also have some sort of ammo cache points, or supply drops make it back into the game because if you survive any decent amount of time and run out of ammo, good luck finding players with a high enough IQ to understand how to drop some.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/eb8872cebb08c046204abcc26a2b5cc159f8e98c.png
Roc18
`
+655|5795|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

coolstorybro wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

coolstorybro wrote:

e8400 @ 3.5
4gb ddr2
hd 6770 @ 1920x1200
2 ssds in raid 0

BC2 Didn't feel sluggish to me. I agree that the infantry gameplay sucked though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard