gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6754
I was reading a topic about gun control in this forum and most of them justify guns for hunting.
Then, I make myself this question.
Why is funny hunting an animal ?
I was educated to love and not hurt animals.
I really does not understand why killing an animal could be fun.
The animal it is not disturbing you.
You are not hunting because you are hungry.
What it's the fun in aiming a gun at an defenseless animal and shoot ?
It is fun to kill any kind of animal, or just some ?
Do you hunt because your parents were hunters ?
Maybe some hunters could anwser this question.
And please, answer this like adults, I am not trying to offense.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6763|Atlanta, GA USA
A lot of my relatives hunt, and, as far as I know, most or all eat what they kill.  Some hunt with muzzle loaders to increase the skill required.  I tried deer hunting for a few years, but getting up before daybreak, climbing up a tree, and sitting for hours in the freezing cold wasn't for me.  I fell asleep a few times, then decided to give it up.  I never killed anything, and only shot at a few deer, but I can say that there is a bit of an adrenaline rush involved.  I don't really see the point in trophy hunting, but if you eat what you kill I don't have a problem with it.  In many cases its as humane or more humane than the methods used to kill animals in slaughter houses, etc.
dedelus
+4|6646
I've gone hunting for 6 years and never shot anything.  The reason i go hunting i guess it that my family hunts, so i do it as well.  I'm not gonna be the kind of hunters from bambi though.  I'm out to kill a buck, or maybe a doe if i have an antlerless permit.  Also its a great chance just to hang out with my dad and brothers.  Plus, its not like they labor on in agony for hours, usually they die pretty quickly.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6634|Deep In The South Of Texas
Another reason for hunting is population management. If a game animal's population becomes too high then the habitat it lives in may not be able to support it. Starvation and disease can occur, disease most importantly can effect the rest of the population.

Then there's the issue of gun ownership rights. At least for America the right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed, and hunting is one way to exercise this right.

Lastly, the main reason to hunt is to have a connection to what was once considered a rite of passage for males. Taking a son, or even daughter, out for their first hunt can be a bonding experience like no other. Plus, a freshly killed deer, quail, hog or whatever is mighty tasty!

Last edited by The Stillhouse Kid (2006-05-17 13:55:33)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6762|AUS, Canberra
i dont know that its funny, although when you shoot a roo and it jumps 10 feet in the air you cant help but laugh.

but most people hunt for enjoyment, alot hunt for work.

i do mainly for enjoyment, but most of the things we shoot here in aus are a pest and detract from farmers livelyhood.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6691|U.S
*cough* hippie *cough*. everyone in the 1800 had to kill their own food so what is wrong with hunting now.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6684|England
I personally don't hunt, but I think that if people want to hunt and they do so respectably, then it is ok. I think that here in Britain it has gone to far; they banned hunting because of save the animals and that.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

I hunt for the same reason I play BF2.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6763|Atlanta, GA USA

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Another reason for hunting is population management. If a game animal's population becomes too high then the habitat it lives in may not be able to support it. Starvation and disease can occur, disease most importantly can effect the rest of the population.
Very good point.  I know of a number of occasions where the deer population was getting out of control, so the limits were relaxed to cull down the population.

the_heart_attack wrote:

i do mainly for enjoyment, but most of the things we shoot here in aus are a pest and detract from farmers livelyhood.
I never really thought of that as hunting, but generally if one of my cousins sees a coyote or similar varmint while they are out hunting they will kill it.
herrr_smity
+156|6620|space command ur anus
I hunt because its good to get away from everyday life, even if i don't get any thing it is still wort the trip.
BUT i have problem with people that shoots every thing they can find, excessive hunting is a redneck thing to do.
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

gblanco wrote:

I was reading a topic about gun control in this forum and most of them justify guns for hunting.
It is fine, my dad lives pretty much on the land, has his own garden and hunts for food. (in hunting season of course) and when he hunts, it is for food. He also taught me never ro hurt animals and to lvoe them too. But he hunts them to eat... (he sounds like a big redneck, lol.... he isnt...-ish. he is country, big difference there.. )

EDIT: Plus it is fun to try to get a one-hit-kill. Lol, like BF2, I thought about that he last time I went hunting eith him, I tried to snipe a deer.... but I missed. lol, I wanted to "own" the deer. Then base-rape him the next time he spawns.

Last edited by Kmal1 (2006-05-17 14:22:35)

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6647|United States of America
I is reading your post gblanco so I answer this question of you.
When myself is in nature hunting I is happy when I am looking in directions of nice views.  I must stalk my prey with queitness and not to disturb it.  To find a animal and see it in nature and make it go blotto with most powerful gun is the use of the skill and funny to do.  I am hungry for good deer jerky and fresh back straps to digest in me.  Sometimes shoot me a phesant to eat at camp while hunting, me kill squirells just because me knows liberials be pissed off for that deed.  It is no fun to kill all animals because some don't make squealing noises.  Dead animals flesh is good to tastse no stale tofu with carrots bad tastses.  I is also liking gladiator films.
Major_Spittle
Banned

King_County_Downy wrote:

I hunt for the same reason I play BF2.
Give her the Pony dammit.  What kind of sick person does that to a little girl?
MooseRyder
+37|6647|Montréal, Canada
Hunting doesnt mean actually "killing" an animal.

Hunting is the action of chasing a certain animal without him knowing you are around, sometimes it takes hours and sometimes it can take days before you actually "see" the animal you been chasing. To do so, you need to be invisible to this animal or almost, trying to hunt an animal without him knowing your around is not that easy. It needs a lot of experience and when you are new to hunting, it might takes years before you even kill an animal.

The action of actually killing the animal is the reward of all the effort you done to reach that goal.

Real hunters go hunting for the fun of chasing animals, love being in the nautre, you need to love waking up at 4am if not earlier and eat what can be eat of what they kill.

Second reason why hunting is a good thing. Like many other said. To control the animal population which is never the same every year. In Canada, depending in which region you are, the legal amount of animals per person will change depending on the average population and depending which animal you will hunt too. One year you might not be allowed to kill females and young ones. One year you will not be allowed to kill Males.

These rules and laws that change every years make hunting a bigger challenge since you need to adapt to diferent animals every year as well as target (meaning you CANT kill every animals, only certain ones).

Then hunting doesnt mean only guns either. A lot of persons use bows and crossbows, which is getting more popular with years, and well its a lot harder then using a gun.

hope i answered your question

EDIT: trying to correct grammar a little, sorry for my english

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-17 16:20:59)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6665|A sunburnt country
If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand.
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6716|Belgium
Killing animals for sports is fucked up, and i dare everyone who does this to explain it to me, why they do it, face to face. But please expect a bullet up your ass.

Like in ancient times, people also hunted. But they respected the animals, and ate it for their real survival. Just the food chain. Simpel as that. But people who love to kill animals for fun ?? Those people are the real animals to me. And everytime i see someone hurt an animal. Well, ask a few guys around here in town. They know what to say to that. They wont do it again. Believe me.
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6629|Westminster, California

gblanco wrote:

I currently own 7 firearms not counting my ( California legal ) 37 mm grenade launcher.
I don't believe in hunting as a sport.
My weapons are to defend my home, family and country.
Major_Spittle
Banned

HisInfernalDeath wrote:

Killing animals for sports is fucked up, and i dare everyone who does this to explain it to me, why they do it, face to face. But please expect a bullet up your ass.

Like in ancient times, people also hunted. But they respected the animals, and ate it for their real survival. Just the food chain. Simpel as that. But people who love to kill animals for fun ?? Those people are the real animals to me. And everytime i see someone hurt an animal. Well, ask a few guys around here in town. They know what to say to that. They wont do it again. Believe me.
I got a feeling you put lots of things up other guys asses, and them yours.

Maybe you should just sit down to big bowl of Salad with a little STFU dressing on top before you piss me off and I go buy a B tag so I can kill an extra deer this season just because your an idiot. Yeh, you heard me right. And everytime I see a Salad munching granola like you with a PETA sign. Well, ask a few guys around here in town. They know what to say to that. They wont do it again. Believe me.

Now shouldn't you be packing up on Broken Back Mountain with your Bent Back Buddy or something.

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2006-05-17 22:01:33)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
Hunting is fun, getting close enough to take a shot without the animal seeing or hearing you.

As for actually shooting it unless your going to use it for food or pelts or population control , is just wrong , to kill for the sake of killing.

I went rabbit hunting once with my Ak & when I shot it the thing screamed like a little baby crying until I shot it again, we didnt use it for anything but this would fall under population control as they were giving $5 a rabbit & $75 a bobcat. I couldn't stomach the thing crying so I just target shoot now.

So I would say yes hunting is fun but killing is not, it drives economy in some states, culls over population , gives us a reason other than home protection to own guns.

https://www.scarysquirrel.org/special/chew/brains1.jpg
BVC
+325|6687
Over here its done for a variety of reasons; often for the experience of it (hunting for your own meat once in a while etc), but often for pest control.  Possums, and rabbits are introduced species here and both are pests, particularly rabbits!  In some parts of NZ rabbits have stripped the vegetation from entire hills!  A few years ago a virus was released to control them, but the rabbit population has started to bounce back, and the annual Easter Bunny Hunt is gaining numbers once again!  Some hunters bag 200-300 rabbits in one weekend of hunting!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

Our family makes its living from hunting so I must comment. We are the Deer culler's for our whole area and have a special room for gutting them all up to standards so ppl can eat the meat. Because we are in Ireland there are tight gun laws and we have a special license for larger caliber rifles. We also breed 10 000's of grey & red legged partridges and pheasants.
The deer where introduced years ago into the wilder mountains around Ireland and they do so well they have to be kept under control, so we shot them.
The game birds are put into land for 6months or so to give it time for the wings to strengthen and for them to rummage for insects etc. About the time their wings heal and party of men go onto the land, usually a forest and make noise chasing them out to another party of men waiting to shot them. Sounds cruel I know. But 70% of the birds get away. Thats a lot of birds that wouldn't have made it into the wild.
Hunting can have a good effect on the country if managed properly. So you townies who eat everything from a packet and think milk comes from a machine...piss off
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

atlvolunteer wrote:

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Very good point.  I know of a number of occasions where the deer population was getting out of control, so the limits were relaxed to cull down the population.

the_heart_attack wrote:

I never really thought of that as hunting, but generally if one of my cousins sees a coyote or similar varmint while they are out hunting they will kill it.
Although our problem is kinda different. Here, our 'pests' include kangaroos (holy fuck there are a lot of them. I saw one once on Parliament house!) and koalas.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

No offence taken.
I do hunt to eat - sometimes. When I go deer hunting I'm after venison and pig hunting I'm after some roast wild boar.
Other times I go hunting I generally go for Rabbits and Possums. This is because they are both pests in New Zealand and numbers need to get cut back a bit. One time I went rabbit hunting every night for two weeks. Got an average of five a night while my Dad got the same. Rest easy in the fact that in the one week after we had left, the rabbit population was as high as it would have been if we had never been there.

However, what I don't like is something that the Deerstalkers Association here does. They get together for a 'hunt'. Now being the Deerstalkers you think this would include some actual stalking of Deer, but what they do is get people to shoot Deer in a paddok and charge money for it. That is complete bullshit. I know because I am a member so I've been invited, but I've never even gone to a meeting.

If you're going to hunt, at least get a bit uncomfortable and actually hunt something, not sit by a fence firing a gun at a stationary animal.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-05-18 02:54:46)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
engineer
+3|6715|Aalborg, Denmark
i just got an idea: why dont we make a hunters mod? could be cool!
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6716|Belgium

Major_Spittle wrote:

HisInfernalDeath wrote:

I got a feeling you put lots of things up other guys asses, and them yours.

Maybe you should just sit down to big bowl of Salad with a little STFU dressing on top before you piss me off and I go buy a B tag so I can kill an extra deer this season just because your an idiot. Yeh, you heard me right. And everytime I see a Salad munching granola like you with a PETA sign. Well, ask a few guys around here in town. They know what to say to that. They wont do it again. Believe me.

Now shouldn't you be packing up on Broken Back Mountain with your Bent Back Buddy or something.
LOL, you are really a funny guy m8. How old are ya ?
I really love your self made sentences, with the stfu dressing and all. Magnificent.
Who said anything about a peta sign ? What the fuck are u talking about.

Oh and i guess you saw that movie, broke back and stuff. Otherwise you shouldnt be telling me all this. So at least i'm not the one who watches that kind of movies.

Seems like you know a lot about all this gay stuff. Wonder where you get it. Maybe from your dad while you are all hunting little animals and later on you all fuck them in the ass. Oh jolly, come on dad, lets go hunt for a while, i'm in the mood. Guess U are this kind of Redneck with prume tabaco, rotten teeth, no brains, and incest-bestiality mentality.

See, i can flame 2. Its not that hard to lower yourself to an inmature attitude. Its just something anybody can. But it does not contribute anything, so i guess you just wasted your time posting here. Next time, try harder soldier.

Please dont go crying now. Maybe i can offer you some "stop the crying idiot" salad. ( why am i saying this ? dude, you just made me laugh with your post, you are really hilarious )

Happy Huntin'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard