UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
I figure by looking at the search there's a few UFC fans on the forums. I myself am one. Although the pageantry is very gay, the fights themselves are extremely fun to watch.

Recently they had a free fight on Spike featuring

Phil Davis vs Antônio Rogério Nogueira
Dan Hardy vs Anthony Johnson
Amir Sadollah vs DaMarques Johnson
Jung Chan-Sung (The Korean Zombie) Vs Leonard Garcia

The Sung/Garcia fight was an absolute spectacle which featured a submission by a "Twister" performed by Sung 1 second before the round ended. It was also the first ever "Twister" submission for the UFC.

The Hard/Johnson fight was boring as fuck, went to decision and Hardy got his ass kicked. Johnson pretty much dominated the entire fight on the ground.

The Sadollah vs Damarques Johnson was also a great fight, plenty of brutal strikes.

The main card, Davis vs Nogueria was a fantastic fight too, great ground game by Davis against the veteran Nogueria.

I personally cannot wait for UFC 129 with

George St. Pierre vs Jake Shields (personally, GSP is going to destroy Shields.)

Jose Aldo vs Mark Hominick  (gonna be a great fight as well. Hominick is a great striker, Aldo will give him a run for his money though.)

Randy Couture is making an appearence as well, in a fight against Lyoto Machida. (Couture is too old for this tbh, he's 47. I'll be surprised if he gets a punch in.)
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
I'm still buzzing off the Bones Jones V Shogun result.  Standing by my opinion that it's probably the best performance there's been in the Octagon.  I've had to watch it a few times to appreciate it.  It was a more comprehensive battering than David Haye gave Audley Harrison in the boxing some months back, and let's face it - Shogun is no bum.  I just hope he batters Rashad.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Aldo will tear right through Hominick.  There's no one on the UFC roster that will give Aldo any trouble.  He's too good.

That twister was slick...I thought spine locks and neck cranks were disallowed from MMA but I guess not?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Aldo will tear right through Hominick.  There's no one on the UFC roster that will give Aldo any trouble.  He's too good.

That twister was slick...I thought spine locks and neck cranks were disallowed from MMA but I guess not?
Joe Rogan knew what it was the minute Jung started to pull it off, so I think it was well within the rules. Just hard as hell to pull it off, especially against someone like Garcia.

Hominick has a chance tbh. With the fights I've been seeing lately it's tough to predict the winner.

My favorite fight out of the past few events has to be the Koschek vs St.Pierre at the end of Ultimate Fighter. Koschek got his ass handed to him for being such a little cocksucker. It was essentially a striking demonstration by St. Pierre on Koscheks left eye.

Although the Fitch/Penn fight was an excellent one as well.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-03-29 09:02:16)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

UnkleRukus wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Joe Rogan knew what it was the minute Jung started to pull it off, so I think it was well within the rules. Just hard as hell to pull it off, especially against someone like Garcia.

Hominick has a chance tbh. With the fights I've been seeing lately it's tough to predict the winner.

My favorite fight out of the past few events has to be the Koschek vs St.Pierre at the end of Ultimate Fighter. Koschek got his ass handed to him for being such a little cocksucker. It was essentially a striking demonstration by St. Pierre on Koscheks left eye.

Although the Fitch/Penn fight was an excellent one as well.
It's obviously within the rules, I just thought for some reason that neck cranks and spine locks weren't allowed.  Joe Rogan knew exactly what it was because he has his brown belt in juijitsu from Eddie "the Twister" Bravo, the dude that pretty much made a career and legacy off the twister (and submitting Royler Gracie in the ADCC).

Out of the last few months the best fight I've seen was the Pettis/Henderson match on the WEC's last event.  Amazing fight, capped by an amazing kick off the cage.  I think Pettis is as legit as they come.  Dude's got a bright future.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Nick Diaz vs. GSP confirmed for Oct. 29.  First superfight pitting champion vs. champion since UFC bought Strikeforce.  Super stoked for this one.  Nick Diaz probably stands the best chance out of anyone to beat him.  Diaz has better boxing and jiujitsu, GSP has the wrestling and footwork.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
I've just watched my first UFC fight, Kongo vs Barry from last month, it was pretty awesome, gonna try and get into this UFC thing.
I know fucking karate
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
I saw Bas Rutten fight in person
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

justice wrote:

I've just watched my first UFC fight, Kongo vs Barry from last month, it was pretty awesome, gonna try and get into this UFC thing.
a good first fight to watch.  it surpassed boxing for me about 5-6 years ago.  I used to be a big boxing fan.  there's a lot of great fights to watch.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Tito owned. ..and by owned I mean he was.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

titowned

i admit though, i was rooting for him.  rashad just comes off too cocky, plus there's something about rooting for a guy who's trying to build up relevance again.

Vitor/Akiyama was vintage Belfort swarm smash.  I'm really really really looking forward to seeing Diaz vs. GSP at the end of October.  There's actually some really good cards coming up in the next 3 months.  Good time to be an MMA fan.  Except it kind of hurts the bank account
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

titowned

i admit though, i was rooting for him.  rashad just comes off too cocky, plus there's something about rooting for a guy who's trying to build up relevance again.

Vitor/Akiyama was vintage Belfort swarm smash.  I'm really really really looking forward to seeing Diaz vs. GSP at the end of October.  There's actually some really good cards coming up in the next 3 months.  Good time to be an MMA fan.  Except it kind of hurts the bank account
how does it hurt the bank account? just go to a bar and get a few pitchers
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

sometimes i like to watch in the comfort of my own home with my friends. and to avoid the typical tapout affliction fags at the bar who try to tell you they trane with tank abbot
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
lol
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Plus I think bars are now supposed to charge you a cover if they are legally showing the fights. I usually just invite some peeps and tell them to bring beer. There's only been one event so far this year that I haven't purchased
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
how much are the fights?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

$54.95 for hd. Plus $1.50 processing charge. But I have direct tv so I'll save money on NFL Sunday ticket this year
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
oh i thought they were like $100 for some reason
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

UFC signed a deal with fox sports.  More free live events this year and for the foreseeable future.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Big fight this w/e. Buffalo Wild Wings will ofc have it for free .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yeah they always do.  The one by me is staffed with pimply-faced teenagers.  Plus their food aint that good.  Happy hour there is good.  I'll just pay for the PPV and have some friends over.

THere's rumors that if Anderson gets out of this relatively unscathed he'll be tapped to fight in the first Fox show Nov. 12.  They are only airing 2 fights for their first foray onto FOX, and from what I've read on some news sites and forums they are trying to make it two huge matchups
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Heading up there tonight with friends.. yea I agree their food sucks, but thats not the reason for the visit.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Kmar wrote:

Heading up there tonight with friends.. yea I agree their food sucks, but thats not the reason for the visit.
you'd rather watch it there with a few friends than at home?  don't you have some ridiculous entertainment set up?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

There's a card going on in Hawaii tonight too.  ProElite (reincarnation of EXC). Arlovski, Kendall Grove (Ultimate Fighter washout) and Regan Penn (BJ's brother) are the most popular ones.  You can find it online
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kmar wrote:

you'd rather watch it there with a few friends than at home?  don't you have some ridiculous entertainment set up?
yea, but there's about a dozen of us meeting there. It's a centralized location. We have it at my house about every other time (since I am not married with toddlers running around)..lol.

Brazil vs the Rest of the World.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard