Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6771
How do they work, and do they work? I often sit in the second seat to get a few free kill assists and a taxi ride, but I've never been able to hit much with one of these. I heeard you hat to lock on to a vehicle but that seems impossible at high speeds.
SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6826|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
Yep I have that problem alot. Most people that are piloting the fighter-bombers don't know how to let the bomber do the bombing too. Rather sad waste of bang-bangs to me.
geeno
+0|6771
Simple : point the arrow on a square (squares are available targets), wait a few seconds for the lock and press the fire button once lock acquired ! Just take care at the angle of shoot, the missile will go forward the plane, if your target is too much on your side you'll miss it.
But they are powerful and deadly ! I oftet get a better score than the planes pilot with this toys !
Rosse_modest
+76|6786|Antwerp, Flanders
Your ability to succesfully take out enemy vehicles with those missiles depends on your pilot. A good bomber pilot adjusts his speed and flight path so the gunner has enough time to succesfully lock on in time and launch his missile without missing the target, but even then the window of opportunity is small. You should also try to avoid launching the missile at odd angles, I've done that a couple of times and in 33% of the cases the missile ended up killing or damaging teammates. The camera can rotate over quite an angle but the missiles still get fired forward, the camera just rotates so you can actually spot possible targets before you're actually facing them when your pilot's maneuvering.

If you have a good bomber pilot I think those missiles are just about the easiest way to rack up kills.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6838|Australia
oh yes.... i love *drools* these *drools more* missiles....

oh my what a mess
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

I got my aviator badge doing this... wait... isn't that 'time spent' rather than kills.
Oh well.
Point is, I got many kills with these missiles. If you have a good pilot you can take out anything.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6783|London UK

Hmm I find them easy to use, the best advice I can give you is too keep the camera pointing forward just below the nose. Have your radar set to long distance so you can always check for friendlys in plenty of time before you shoot.

If there are friendly tanks in the area DONT shoot, as the missile has a habit of going for your friend even if it is locked onto an enemy tank.

If it locks onto more then one tank keep fireing (as long as there are no friendly in the area) even tanks not locked but highlighted will be tracked by the missiles, so if you get 3 tanks highlighted but only one locked, still fire 3 times!

If you fly over an area where you think there may be ground infantry (like a CP area) and youve checked there is no friendlys, fire one down into the area, you get plenty of ammo anyway and you might rack up a few extra kills.

Again, cant reinforce enough to always keep the camera pointed forward.

++ When I fly the bombers, and have a gunner, I dont give any extra help for the gunner, but tbh I dont think you really need it anyway. As the pilot you still have to line up targets for bombing runs, this in turn gives your gunner more then enough time. My motto is, if I was the gunner I would be able to shoot with my flying. If he cant, well hes blind/stupid and shouldnt be in the plane.
cohen1976
+14|6778
i once got a gunner who beated me every time before i could bomb the hell out of them. he got way more points then me end off the round

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard