uber73
+188|6764|Brisbane
re Commander spotting.... its sometimes not possible to spot a car while moving.  This also applies to APCs.. dont ask me why, my money is NOT on anything to do with spec ops, id say its more likely to be some pishy bug...  APCs dont have turrets.

just under 50% of my game time has been as commander, 173 out of 404 hours.. this is the bane of commanding.  its very important, as far as im concerned, to spot a moving car so that it can be intercepted.  satscan will always show up a car, but not always able to have a 'spot' called on it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728

[FHF]MattyZ wrote:

As I mostly play Spec-Ops to try and win by taking out the enemies UAV and radar, it would be nice to know that I could be ninja like when standing still!
come to ninja training class, that would be 200 bucks plz
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6568|83Division.com
Just in case someone was trying to reach me, I had my Xfire typed in wrong.

It's

"83rdstecchino"
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6568|83Division.com
I figured it out, with screenshots and all.   Will post later this morning.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6663|The Netherlands
invisible or not they will always die ghehe
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6568|83Division.com
Alrighty...once and for all here's the facts.  Like it or not, this is what me and a clanmate found out this morning.

First of all, the UAV DOES SEE ALL.

1.  Spec ops CAN be seen with a UAV - It doesn't matter if they're standing still or moving.
2.  Spec ops CAN be seen with a satellite scan - It doesn't matter if they're standing still or moving.
3.  Spec ops (or any other kit) can be seen with a UAV whether in the gunner seat of a Vodnik/Humvee, Tank, or in the passenger "cabin" of the APC.
4.  The gunner seat/APC passenger slot DO provide invisibility to satellite scan, regardless of kit and regardless of whether or not you are ducking down while in the gunner seat.  Just being the gunner seat makes you invisible to satellite scan.

The conclusion then is that if you're really trying to hide out, if you see a UAV above you, you're spotted.  But if you don't, you may have a chance at preserving your stealth by hopping in the gunner seat of a vehicle.

So for those commanders out there trying to remain stealthy and ALIVE...an enemy commander will have to either manually zoom in on you or waste a UAV on you to see you when you're in the gun seat of that Vodnik or Humvee at your base.

UAV Wins vs. Still Spec Ops
https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/stecchino1/UAVWinsStill.jpg
UAV Wins vs. Moving Spec Ops
https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/stecchino1/UAVWinsMoving.jpg
Scan Wins vs. Still Spec Ops
https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/stecchino1/ScanWinsStill.jpg
Scan Wins vs. Moving Spec Ops
https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/stecchino1/ScanWinsMoving.jpg
uber73
+188|6764|Brisbane
good work dood...  myth dispelled...

BUT, given what u deduced, and what i observe as commander, it appears that EA have made a booboo...

if u are in an APC/Jeep alone, and driving, u can be UAV'd, Scanned and Spotted...
if u have a passenger in APC, or gunner in jeep, u can be UAV'd, Scanned, ....but NOT spotted by commander!
raz
+22|6675|England, UK
I'm sure EA would of said something about this if it really is true..
uber73
+188|6764|Brisbane
well, i command lots, as i say, and i frequently have this issue of not being able to "spot" certain vehicles... in order of difficulty, cars, apcs, tanks...  sometimes, fine, othertimes, all i can manage is "enemy spotted"

if there is a reason, this "passenger" thing, could well be it... if so, tis a bug i tell ye, for it makes no sense otherwise.
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6568|83Division.com
What you're talking about may simply not physically spotting the vehicles in time.  You listed the vehicles in order from most difficult to least difficult.  Well, do you realize that you also listed them in order of top speed?  When you right click on the vehicle and go to choose "spotted", if the vehicle gets very far away from where you clicked it will not automatically identify it properly because the vehicle is no longer in that location, it's speeding away and all you have is a question mark.  So to correctly spot and indentify that Humvee that's ripping through downtown Karkand you may have to click in advance of it's location to allow time to choose "spotted."  The tank is slower so it's easier to choose "Spotted" in time.

Does that make sense?
yayo
+2|6588

Rizen_Ji wrote:

spec-ops are ONLY invisible when STANDING STILL and under COMMANDER SCAN.

just for emphasis i did the caps.
I did not know this.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6574|British Columbia, Canada
I find it really difficult to spot Blackhawks with the scan, i can Find them on scan, but i just cant seem to spot them. all i get is "Enemy forces spotted" No matter how many times i try.
uber73
+188|6764|Brisbane

[83rd]Stecchino wrote:

What you're talking about may simply not physically spotting the vehicles in time.  You listed the vehicles in order from most difficult to least difficult.  Well, do you realize that you also listed them in order of top speed?  When you right click on the vehicle and go to choose "spotted", if the vehicle gets very far away from where you clicked it will not automatically identify it properly because the vehicle is no longer in that location, it's speeding away and all you have is a question mark.  So to correctly spot and indentify that Humvee that's ripping through downtown Karkand you may have to click in advance of it's location to allow time to choose "spotted."  The tank is slower so it's easier to choose "Spotted" in time.

Does that make sense?
doesnt make any difference whether moving or stationary.... sorry, didnt think to include that, but no, its not a factor as far as i can see.  a car parked capping at suburbs on karkand still falls foul.  still, on occasion, not able to be spotted...
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6691|Denver, CO
i have to agree with Polarbearz

There is a bug concerning scan VS vehicles
I've noticed the following:  When the enemy switches seats driver/gunner in a car (ie vodnik) they dissappear of the scan. If they are in a gunner seat and you try to manually spot them, they won't show up on the map even though you will yell out that a vehicle was spotted.  Airplanes will randomly dissappear after a scan.  When you change vehicles you dissappear of the scan.

How to exploit this effectively.  You can hide your vehicle under some cover while capping a flag and keep changing seats from driver to gunner.  This is not dependant on your kit.  I'm 90% sure that this will completely remove any visibility from all commander screens for the exception of UAV. 

UAV DOES see all

and another little detail, if you (as a commander) spot an enemy commander via manual spot.  He will show up in white instead of red.  (still red on scan and uav)
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6596|Finland
I have spent long time as a commander and some troops are invisible to uav and scan don't know why.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6690|Middle of nowhere
thank you for finding out the facts!!

now my friends will shut the hell up.  They kept vehemently saying that Spec Ops didn't show up on scan and refused to believe me...

even though i have like 13 hrs as Commander and they have a total of 1 round combined.....

also, thanks for the tidbit about the Commander INCSOC :)

i always wondered why sometimes it would be white... now i know! :D
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6691|Denver, CO

genius_man16 wrote:

also, thanks for the tidbit about the Commander INCSOC
NP good luck with your "hunting"
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6568|83Division.com

Jussimies wrote:

I have spent long time as a commander and some troops are invisible to uav and scan don't know why.
Jussimies, if you still not sure why, check out this thread I saw somewhere called "Special Ops kit vs. UAV." 

Last edited by [83rd]Stecchino (2006-10-10 12:05:04)

[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6568|83Division.com

INCSOC wrote:

How to exploit this effectively.  You can hide your vehicle under some cover while capping a flag and keep changing seats from driver to gunner.  This is not dependant on your kit.  I'm 90% sure that this will completely remove any visibility from all commander screens for the exception of UAV. 

UAV DOES see all

and another little detail, if you (as a commander) spot an enemy commander via manual spot.  He will show up in white instead of red.  (still red on scan and uav)
Didn't know the white dot info, cool to know.  Makes him a special target for snipers and aircraft

Also, an interesting possible exploit you mention here.  Although I hope it's something that it corrected in a future patch (along with the gunner seat invisibility "bug"), because it's just silly.  But it is what it is so I say "Exploit Away!" until it's no longer part of this game we called Battlefield 2.

Cheers,
Stec
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6690|Middle of nowhere

INCSOC wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

also, thanks for the tidbit about the Commander INCSOC
NP good luck with your "hunting"
oh i will... i will
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6760|Florida
The confusion from the Special Forces (expansion pack).  Spec Ops players only show up on the UAV every other cycle it makes, moving or not.  The UAV can circle one time and nothing will show, but upon the next cycle there might be a dot near the center of the UAV coverage area.  Then you will know it's a Spec Ops kit.  Only works in SF though.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6670| United States of America

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

[FHF]MattyZ wrote:

As I mostly play Spec-Ops to try and win by taking out the enemies UAV and radar, it would be nice to know that I could be ninja like when standing still!
come to ninja training class, that would be 200 bucks plz
lolz Rex quon do is $300 lolz
WormGuts
+17|6806|Dayton, Ohio
I am really bad with the spec op's kit...however recently...

I've joined a clan and i was called upon to defend a flag on Mashtuur alone so i chose spec ops to defend it...(picked the kit up off someone we killed to take the flag).  I set up some c4's in spots around the flag to deter armor from getting close then took up a prone position in the 2 story bunker across from the flags second floor...so i could watch my planted c4 and site flag with rifle...after about ten minutes of little/no activity my commander is finally being heard saying "who is watching _____ flag site?"  He then asked me how long i've been there and where am i?  I let him know i've been there all along and he tells me "wtf? i don't have you on my scan (yes i was in a squad)" 

UAV i beleive shows all, however a stationary spec op's just may go unoticed by enemy sat scan.
FragdaddyXL
+9|6313

[83rd]Stecchino wrote:

Alrighty...once and for all here's the facts.  Like it or not, this is what me and a clanmate found out this morning.

First of all, the UAV DOES SEE ALL.

1.  Spec ops CAN be seen with a UAV - It doesn't matter if they're standing still or moving.
2.  Spec ops CAN be seen with a satellite scan - It doesn't matter if they're standing still or moving.
3.  Spec ops (or any other kit) can be seen with a UAV whether in the gunner seat of a Vodnik/Humvee, Tank, or in the passenger "cabin" of the APC.
4.  The gunner seat/APC passenger slot DO provide invisibility to satellite scan, regardless of kit and regardless of whether or not you are ducking down while in the gunner seat.  Just being the gunner seat makes you invisible to satellite scan.

The conclusion then is that if you're really trying to hide out, if you see a UAV above you, you're spotted.  But if you don't, you may have a chance at preserving your stealth by hopping in the gunner seat of a vehicle.

So for those commanders out there trying to remain stealthy and ALIVE...an enemy commander will have to either manually zoom in on you or waste a UAV on you to see you when you're in the gun seat of that Vodnik or Humvee at your base.

UAV Wins vs. Still Spec Ops
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/s … sStill.jpg
UAV Wins vs. Moving Spec Ops
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/s … Moving.jpg
Scan Wins vs. Still Spec Ops
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/s … sStill.jpg
Scan Wins vs. Moving Spec Ops
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/s … Moving.jpg
but when you are in a vodnik/humvee in the gunner seat by yourself, the commander can't right click on you and say "enemy spotted". commanders just have to manually tell their team.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5879|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
So now we know lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard